Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Froggy81385

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
My husband gave up on waiting for his phone. He was in a town that had an apple store for work so he reserved one and went in and is picking it up now. It isn't the color he wanted but he uses a case so not a huge deal anyway. I don't think we will preorder ever again. Its just a big mess. Oh and the rose gold pluses are in almost every store o_O and here I had to call a million times to get my order fixed while others were just walking in and picking them up...

winobookworm

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Those of you who reserved a phone at Apple how did you do it when you have the Verizon one ordered?
I was trying to reserve one at my local Apple store and it asked for my phone # and then says "sorry you already have a pending reservation for an iphone" :(

Froggy81385

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Those of you who reserved a phone at Apple how did you do it when you have the Verizon one ordered?
I was trying to reserve one at my local Apple store and it asked for my phone # and then says "sorry you already have a pending reservation for an iphone" :(
My husband called me when he got there and I cancelled it from the preorder Verizon website. I didn't want to cancel it before I knew they had one. It cancelled immediately and he got his new phone!

tennisboygr

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2016
Has anyone with a 10/5 date been charged yet?

I did 2 separate orders for my wife and I, and her's just got charged last night and I got the email confirming the order and tracking information.

I got her the RG 128g, while I went with the MB+ 256g. Hoping that because her's just got charged, mine will be coming up soon.

Tmybrgr

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
It shouldn't unless your using a different link use the upgrade program link

winobookworm

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
It shouldn't unless your using a different link use the upgrade program link
Even using the iphone upgrade program as payment it still wants me to enter my Verizon phone number and billing password then says I need to cancel my order before reserving another one :(

I don't want to cancel until I know I've got the phone so I guess I'll have to drive over to the store tonight with my fingers crossed it's still there!o_O

aj23xnyc

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
UPDATE:

"It will be shipped out tomorrow, the device will be deliver to the shipping address by Monday or Tuesdays of next week."

What I just received from a Verizon rep on the live chat....This is hope for all my 7+ 128gb JB with 9/23 "ship date"! Hang in there, everyone! We might not be getting charged until tomorrow!

dtrj787

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2013
Cincinnati, OH, USA
UPDATE:

"It will be shipped out tomorrow, the device will be deliver to the shipping address by Monday or Tuesdays of next week."

What I just received from a Verizon rep on the live chat....This is hope for all my 7+ 128gb JB with 9/23 "ship date"! Hang in there, everyone! We might not be getting charged until tomorrow!

Let's Hope

Tmybrgr

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Even using the iphone upgrade program as payment it still wants me to enter my Verizon phone number and billing password then says I need to cancel my order before reserving another one :(

I don't want to cancel until I know I've got the phone so I guess I'll have to drive over to the store tonight with my fingers crossed it's still there!o_O
I understand the hesitation but I've had success several times this week getting all my phones if you reserve it it will be there
[doublepost=1474568944][/doublepost]
I understand the hesitation but I've had success several times this week getting all my phones if you reserve it it will be there
Also are u sure your using the stock look up link in this thread it doesn't ask for phone info or account info at all just Apple ID at time of reservation it sounds like you're going directly to Apple.com order page

Froggy81385

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Oh sorry I misunderstood!

DarkCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2013
Now I'm getting impatient lol.
Still nothing.

iPhone + MB 32GB
Ordered 9/9 EDD 10/5

I'm refreshing Verizon too much.

Reactions: Moore94

winobookworm

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
[doublepost=1474568944][/doublepost]
Also are u sure your using the stock look up link in this thread it doesn't ask for phone info or account info at all just Apple ID at time of reservation it sounds like you're going directly to Apple.com order page
Oh.. I am going through the Apple.com because the reservation site hasn't been working all day for me. It says this

Attachments

• IMG_1279.PNG
    IMG_1279.PNG
    80.3 KB · Views: 119

swallman

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
It's near instantly if you do it online. You can call as well but I found that to be much longer way to do it
[doublepost=1474566098][/doublepost]
Yes pro you get the phone now with little hassle. Pro you don't have to deal with Verizon for the phone. You probably would get a better deal selling your phone though gazelle or Jay brokers

I was planning to trade it in as I still owe like 150+ on it... It's under an older Edge plan that required 75% to be paid off before I can trade up... Would I still be able to do that if I purchase through an Apple store?

JEboomin

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
I was planning to trade it in as I still owe like 150+ on it... It's under an older Edge plan that required 75% to be paid off before I can trade up... Would I still be able to do that if I purchase through an Apple store?

You only owe $150? Just pay that off and keep the phone, or trade it in for the $650 Verizon rebate.

You'd be crazy to give that phone back after owing just $150.

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Are you talking about buying the verizon iphone 7 under installment at the apple store then trading current phone to the verizon corporate store to get the $650 credit???? If this is possible I will do it tomorrow I cant wait till Verizon ships my phone cause the phone I want is available at the apple store.
[doublepost=1474531224][/doublepost]

How accurate is this info? People claiming they did it without any issues.
Call the Apple store and ask about it. Last I heard they would give you an envelope to send back the phone for trade-in.

cforster

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Missouri USA
UPDATE:

The rep is likely telling you this because your account says "ship by 9/23" and he/she is just assuming that will happen. It's likely a canned answer.

I have zero faith in Verizon reps, so sorry for my negative attitude.

aj23xnyc

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
The Verizon rep was also able to get my shipping address changed, from my parents in Florida to my house in Iowa! Hooray for not having to wait longer! :)
[doublepost=1474570233][/doublepost]
The rep is likely telling you this because your account says "ship by 9/23" and he/she is just assuming that will happen. It's likely a canned answer.

I have zero faith in Verizon reps, so sorry for my negative attitude.

Optimism is all I have left, take it easy haha

Tmybrgr

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
You only owe $150? Just pay that off and keep the phone, or trade it in for the $650 Verizon rebate.

You'd be crazy to give that phone back after owing just $150.
I agree you should check the quotes online jaybrokers I've used many times gives top dollar for devices short of selling on eBay their totally legit. 150 is a gift to verizon for that model

Tmybrgr

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Oh.. I am going through the Apple.com because the reservation site hasn't been working all day for me. It says this
That's unfortunate wonder if they caught on to what everyone was doing at the stores I went to nobody got the upgrade program but everyone used that link well it kind of servers them right it's a botched deployment. Hopefully it works again soon

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
JB 256GB 7. Ordered 9/9 @ 10:30AM EDT.

Ship date disappeared yesterday. CC charged this AM. Just got tracking info. FedEx overnight for delivery tomorrow. Time to pull out the white cotton gloves.
Which link are you using for tracking at Verizon?
[doublepost=1474571310][/doublepost]I just got off a live chat at Verizon. He again gave me my confirmation number and said that when October hits he thinks the ship times will decrease by a week or two. He says that's pure speculation on his part, but that's how it looks to him.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.