Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ankii1996

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
I ordered iPhone 7 plus gold 128 GB on 9/9 around 6 pm EST and the expected delivery date on website and email showed 10/05
Good news is I got my UPS tracking number a few mins ago :)
Tracking info not available yet will check after a few hours

Reactions: ThatGuyinUtah

thekingof118

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
Been lurking here for a week but I thought I'd share my good fortune. Hopefully it helps you guys somehow.

iPhone 7 Jet Black 256gb
Ordered 9/9 @ 8:45pm EST
EST ship date 9/23

Just received FedEx tracking info and phone will arrive tmw.

Reactions: ThatGuyinUtah

PJF6387

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2012
Probably a dumb question here, but -- if I'm just buying the phone outright, wouldn't a Sprint iPhone work on Verizon? If I made a reservation for a Sprint iPhone and walked into the store, paid full price, walked out... I could just pop my old Verizon SIM into it, right? I'm not using Edge or IUP, so this might make sense.
[doublepost=1474575023][/doublepost]
Oh.. I am going through the Apple.com because the reservation site hasn't been working all day for me. It says this
Try this: https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en_US/reserve/iPhone/availability?channel=1&iPP=U

Reactions: winobookworm

oupreppygirl

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
Ohio
Probably a dumb question here, but -- if I'm just buying the phone outright, wouldn't a Sprint iPhone work on Verizon? If I made a reservation for a Sprint iPhone and walked into the store, paid full price, walked out... I could just pop my old Verizon SIM into it, right? I'm not using Edge or IUP, so this might make sense.
[doublepost=1474575023][/doublepost]
Try this: https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en_US/reserve/iPhone/availability?channel=1&iPP=U

I could be wrong on this (so you may want to do more research), but the only phone that will work on every network is a Verizon phone. Sprint will work on T-Mobile or AT&T, but not on Verizon. This may have changed, but from what I'm seeing about iPhone 6s, Verizon wouldn't let people use ones from Sprint on its networks.

This is from a PCMAG article

"Whether you go with Verizon or Sprint depends on which carrier you intend to use it on first. If you're going to use it on Sprint, buy the Sprint phone, but understand it will be locked to Sprint for 50 days. Everyone else who wants an all-carrier-compatible phone should get the Verizon unit, which is factory unlocked. (In the initial weeks after the release of a new iPhone, there's always some confusion with Sprint not activating Verizon devices, which doesn't have to do with whether or not the phone is unlocked.)"

http://www.pcmag.com/news/347728/if-you-want-to-switch-carriers-buy-verizons-iphone-7

arftech99

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2015
MD, USA
Been lurking here for a week but I thought I'd share my good fortune. Hopefully it helps you guys somehow.

iPhone 7 Jet Black 256gb
Ordered 9/9 @ 8:45pm EST
EST ship date 9/23

Just received FedEx tracking info and phone will arrive tmw.

Wow! I ordered the same exact configuration as yours on 9/9 at 11:30 AM but my ship date said 10/26 before that date disappeared from the Verizon web site. Anyway, I'm happy your phone is coming soon! :)

Reactions: DIGGDEEP

Zachary2772

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
I ordered iPhone 7 plus gold 128 GB on 9/9 around 6 pm EST and the expected delivery date on website and email showed 10/05
Good news is I got my UPS tracking number a few mins ago :)
Tracking info not available yet will check after a few hours
Exact same except mine is the 256.

xRYD3Rx

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
Im trying to get my hands on a iphone 7 black 32gb for my grandfather the phone is available at the apple store near in my city however I want to upgrade my line using the verizon device payment plan and not the apple upgrade/installment program. Does anyone know if this is possible @ the apple store?
I check online to order it does not give me this option only upgrade program thru apple is available.

Kfortune117

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2015
Im trying to get my hands on a iphone 7 black 32gb for my grandfather the phone is available at the apple store near in my city however I want to upgrade my line using the verizon device payment plan and not the apple upgrade/installment program. Does anyone know if this is possible @ the apple store?
I check online to order it does not give me this option only upgrade program thru apple is available.
It is possible but it has to be done in store. Quite a few people earlier in this thread have done it.

FanStalin

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2016
Still no movement, ship date is supposedly 9/23, but my dates have disappeared for more than a day. Perhaps doing a 2 in 1 whombo combo order was a mistake.

xRYD3Rx

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
It is possible but it has to be done in store. Quite a few people earlier in this thread have done it.

Since there was no way to get it under verizon device payment I bought it full price once i go pick it up I will return it for a full refund and repurchase the phone under the device payment plan. Sigh

macmann81

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
West TN
UPDATE:

"It will be shipped out tomorrow, the device will be deliver to the shipping address by Monday or Tuesdays of next week."

What I just received from a Verizon rep on the live chat....This is hope for all my 7+ 128gb JB with 9/23 "ship date"! Hang in there, everyone! We might not be getting charged until tomorrow!

Wouldn't believe what they say. They told me last night that my phone would ship out late last night or early this morning. I have seen no movement at all. Hopefully they will stick to the 9/23 ship date and we will all see progress tonight or in the morning.

nellykim20

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2016
I ordered 7+sl 256, 7+sl 128, 6+sl 64, & 6sl 16. ordered 9/9 9pmest delivery date was 10/12. i got chraged yesterday and go shipping info last night. two packages for TN though fedex delivery is tomorrow. i hope they leave them at the door. and i hope all phones are in there. coz each package weighs 2lbs

jayhawaii22

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2015
Verizon is now telling me that 9/23 "deliver by" dates will be changed to 10/5. But in the system it still says 9/23 so i called and chatted to ask and they said the 9/23 dates are wrong and from what they see it is 10/5.

I say take it with a grain of salt because Verizon reps don't know what they are talking about half the time. But thought i would share. This is a huge fail for apple and verizon.

i ordered 2 seperate orders 1 min apart at 11:58/59PM PST jet black 128GB plus's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.