Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HuskerDiver

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
Lincoln, Nebraska USA
One thing I just remembered but forgot to post. Those wondering on My Verizon statuses, etc. and how they affect shipping, when will it ship, etc. here is the events today that led me to expect a tracking number tonight or tomorrow morning.

- Early this morning I saw the ship by date go away on the My Verizon WEBSITE. Probably about 9:30 am central time. Before I saw 10/26 and "order is in process".

- Late morning, say around noon, the My Verizon APP on my iPhone not the WEBSITE removed the listing for my current iPhone 6. Usually it had listed my 6 on the main landing page of the app at the bottom under the sections about minutes used, texts, etc. It went away on the APP but the My Verizon WEBSITE still showed my iPhone 6 with accessory options as late as 4:30 pm.

- I also saw on the My Verizon APP a shipping window open when I choose my order under "My Orders" sometime early afternoon. Previously I could see my order in the APP (toggle the triple line menu button, select My Devices, select My Orders) on the "My Orders" section of the APP but when you pressed on it to open it for more detail I would receive an error message and no other info. Once it was in the works to actually ship is when it opened the new window showing shipped but with no tracking number, tracking speed, or shipper info. So you might keep an eye on the My Verizon APP in addition to the website when seeing if your phone has shipped.

Reactions: arftech99

cjdtech

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
One thing I just remembered but forgot to post. Those wondering on My Verizon statuses, etc. and how they affect shipping, when will it ship, etc. here is the events today that led me to expect a tracking number tonight or tomorrow morning.

- Early this morning I saw the ship by date go away on the My Verizon WEBSITE. Probably about 9:30 am central time. Before I saw 10/26 and "order is in process".

- Late morning, say around noon, the My Verizon APP on my iPhone not the WEBSITE removed the listing for my current iPhone 6. Usually it had listed my 6 on the main landing page of the app at the bottom under the sections about minutes used, texts, etc. It went away on the APP but the My Verizon WEBSITE still showed my iPhone 6 with accessory options as late as 4:30 pm.

- I also saw on the My Verizon APP a shipping window open when I choose my order under "My Orders" sometime early afternoon. Previously I could see my order in the APP (toggle the triple line menu button, select My Devices, select My Orders) on the "My Orders" section of the APP but when you pressed on it to open it for more detail I would receive an error message and no other info. Once it was in the works to actually ship is when it opened the new window showing shipped but with no tracking number, tracking speed, or shipper info. So you might keep an eye on the My Verizon APP in addition to the website when seeing if your phone has shipped.

Detailed information. Good stuff, thank you.

Reactions: Moore94

myditka

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2012
I was supposed to get my iphone tomorrow ( 7 plus JB 128GB)

Order was canceled last night and reordered for a 11/30 ship date..

On the phone now and they said I called and said "I have second thoughts and want to cancel" Thats what this verizon rep is telling me.. WTF

ThatGuyinUtah

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Utah
I've been keeping an eye [obsessively checking] the istocknow.com site. It is giving me a bit of hope. Every day stores across the country seem to have more and more inventory - except JB 7+'s. I currently have a 10/5 ship date. Holding out hope that early next week I get lucky and see my date moved up. I'm waiting on two 128gb 7+'s. A MB and RG.

Reactions: Olivia23

KawaiiKitsune13

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
I was supposed to get my iphone tomorrow ( 7 plus JB 128GB)

Order was canceled last night and reordered for a 11/30 ship date..

On the phone now and they said I called and said "I have second thoughts and want to cancel" Thats what this verizon rep is telling me.. WTF

Had the same thing happen to me not that long ago today. I called and the rep not only ordered for me again (w/ a ship by of 10/26) but put in a "jump the line" submission given they couldn't tell me why the order had been cancelled. Probably a half hour later I got a call from fraud/loss prevention to confirm my identity so my ordercould go through and she noted shesaw the junp the line submission in the system as well

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016

Are you saying you originally had a ship date of 10/26?
Important to note, if you update your Verizon app to the latest version the order/history/ship section is gone. It still works on the iPad app though.
[doublepost=1474587773][/doublepost]I went to the Apple store today to hold the phones. And let me tell you the Jet Black is BEAUTIFUL. It had a different feel to the finish than the matte black and other colors; if you're familiar with powder coating that is kind of how it felt. I checked out the floor model after the little kid using it tossed it back on the counter. Yes, it was finger printy, but all of the phones were, wiped it with my sleeve and it was fine. It wasn't scratched. Whatever scratch tests they are doing online are overkill, in my opinion. I'm sure it will scratch, all of them will, but this has been on the sales floor for a week with everyone picking it up, kids tossing it on the table, and it was fine. The screen is beautiful. I love how the messages show on the phone now, I know that's iOS 10 at play, but it is a nice improvement. As you are looking at the front of the phone and reading what's on the screen it just presents itself very well, the edges of the phone just meld into the screen. The back is smooth, doesn't have the little sections anymore.
I'll be looking for a very thin case for this one, it's thin and lightweight and I'd like to keep it that way. I'm looking forward to my JB even more now!

xxjuicymintxx

macrumors regular
May 2, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
So, just wanted to give an update on my personal scenario, since I've been following this thread. I originally preordered a MB 7+ on 9/9 at about 12pm EST. Received date of delivery by 10/5 - days passed, saw NO movement, whether it be via the my verizon app, preorder website, or 611. Finally got sick of waiting and reading peoples stories of shipping dates and decided to check any Apple stores in my area... there was one 45 min away that had the model I was looking for, so I reserved it. Process was smooth, however I thought it was interesting that the Apple employee (who was a week fresh) informed me that they're telling the general public that walk in that they have NO +'s available, yet they do - but only for those who do reservations online. Odd.

I've got my phone though, and all is well so far, aside from the yellow/dim screen! Camera is lovely.

Good luck, everyone!

bobsbbq

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2016

Not sure what version app you have but my app opens to the Feed page. I have not found a way to get to my orders from the app I have.

MomMom1012

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2014
7 rose gold 128gb ordered 9/19 at 10:30 EST, est ship date 10/5

Order status on my Verizon account originally said 10/5. The date disappeared this morning.

I just received a text that my order was received and I'll get another text with shipping info. My credit card charged a little while ago. I anticipate it shipping tomorrow for delivery Tuesday.

This exact scenario happened with the other phone I ordered at the same time (7, matte black 32gb, eat ship date 10/12): text and cc charge on 9/20, shipped 9/21, delivery 9/23.

I hope this is indicative of good things for lots of people waiting for their phones.

alhurricane

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
My order has left Memphis and will be delivered tomorrow. I sure hope my wife is home when they try to deliver!

Alieti

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2015
So I had preordered through Verizon on 9/11 and got a ship date of 10/12 for a iPhone 7 plus MB 128gb. Decided I couldn't wait that long. Checked early this morning on the apple reservation website right at midnight and found a store that had the exact phone I wanted so I reserved it. Canceled my Verizon order. Went to the store today and picked it up, waited for about 15 min.

They were able to put it on my Verizon bill per month so I could send back my iPhone 6 to get the rebate value. Really stupid that Verizon preorders don't get priority over walk ins but the phone is great!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.