Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMacJunkie

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2011
This is not fair.

I entirely admit this whole thing is my fault, but for injury victims like myself Verizon should be accomodating and let them change their payment card.

I had to have surgery to re-attach my right leg's quadriceps tendon which I tore completely about three weeks ago. At the time I made my iphone 7 Plus order I had a full $1400 on my discover card to pay for my iPhone. Unfortunately, I had to pay a $1218 copay on that card for surgery earlier this week. As SOON as I realized that I made a sizeable payment to my card so I had the proper funds to pay for my card. But, the payment still hasn't gone through and will likely take 1-3 days to do so.

According to the rep I spoke with if I change anything about my order including my payment method I go to the back of the line and have to wait until November 23rd for delivery.

How is this fair??? Case in point I see plenty of others here able to recharge their cards (a couple posts above this one as a matter of fact) or update their payment information without having to cancel an order.

What in the actual **** Verizon?

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
Lol this entire thing is hilariously confusing. So my ship date went from 10/5 to 9/23 back to 10/5...my card was charged and now it says my ship date is 9/24.

To Tim Cook:

IMG_0478.GIF

Smash1680

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
This is not fair.

I entirely admit this whole thing is my fault, but for injury victims like myself Verizon should be accomodating and let them change their payment card.

I had to have surgery to re-attach my right leg's quadriceps tendon which I tore completely about three weeks ago. At the time I made my iphone 7 Plus order I had a full $1400 on my discover card to pay for my iPhone. Unfortunately, I had to pay a $1218 copay on that card for surgery earlier this week. As SOON as I realized that I made a sizeable payment to my card so I had the proper funds to pay for my card. But, the payment still hasn't gone through and will likely take 1-3 days to do so.

According to the rep I spoke with if I change anything about my order including my payment method I go to the back of the line and have to wait until November 23rd for delivery.

How is this fair??? Case in point I see plenty of others here able to recharge their cards (a couple posts above this one as a matter of fact) or update their payment information without having to cancel an order.

You can modify your payment method on the preorder tracking page...they are saying if you modify it there you will be sent to the back of the line like re-ordering?

fieldzz

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
MA, USA
Just got an email from verizon saying my order is processing and should have ahipping within 3 days. Ordered a 7+ Jet Black 256GB on 9/9 at 6:20am est. Ended up finding a MB 7+ at my local Apple Store but maybe I'll return or sell and keep the JB :) Original ship date 10/12

Halt&CatchFire

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
7+ 128 GB JB. Email confirmation +24 mins after official preorder start time.

Ladies and gentlemen...

After my status went from "ship by: 9/23" to "We are working hard to complete your order. Unfortunately, it will not be shipped as originally scheduled. You will receive a shipment confirmation email when your order ships, which will include a new delivery date", I determined Verizon was telling me "Your order didn't ship today, and we'll let you know if we're planning to send it to you....or not...."

I had given up. Rode my motorcycle all day and said eff it. I was tired of entering tracking info anyway.

Just checked Verizon and that "We are working hard...." status was removed and it was blank. Then I checked my bank, and it charged. Finally. Finally!

So, just for everyone's benefit, on JB phones, they seem to be running on time to a day behind the quoted ship by date. Hope you all see movement!

Zosike

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2016
Northwest Rocktomac, MD
Ordered 4am EST on 9/9. Orig deliv by 10/5 then slipped to estimated to ship by 10/5. CC was just charged tonight and Verizon sent me a text saying the "order was rcvd" and next text will have tracking info once it ships.

7+ JB 256GB

dtrj787

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2013
Cincinnati, OH, USA
cc got charged at 8:24pm EST.

Ordered 128gb JB + and 128 Silver + - confirmation email 9/9 3:24am EST.

No Text from VZW. No Email. No Tracking. Preorder site shows order was sent to warehouse.

iMacJunkie

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2011
You can modify your payment method on the preorder tracking page...they are saying if you modify it there you will be sent to the back of the line like re-ordering?

Yeah they said if I want to change my payment method they have to cancel my order and reorder and I will have to wait until November 23rd for my phone. All after I had to wait more than half an hour on hold to speak to somebody.

Where do I go? I don't see anything that lets me change my payment method:

http://i.imgur.com/4AViim3.jpg

cforster

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Missouri USA
128 JB - Order placed 8 after go live on 9/9.

The seas have parted and my order has been sent to the warehouse! It's a good day ladies and gentlemen, it's a damn good day!

EyeDoc17

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
Texas
Order 9/19 MB 128 7+

I started watching/participating in this forum on my order day but haven't had much to say because I'm 10 days later than most. I just have to get excited for other people posting tracking numbers. This morning, I decided an extra 6 bucks or so a month is worth not dealing with the Christmas-like anticipation. So, I reserved a 256 MB 7+ at my local Apple Store and will be picking it up this evening. I plan on still doing the $650 trade in with Verizon and I will update with results. Now iphone Christmas comes in 6 hours instead of 6 weeks!

Update:

Went to my reservation appointment at the AppleStore, they pulled out the 256 MB 7+ that I reserved this morning and asked me which Verizon plan I wanted. I told them the DPP and they started activating it. Minor glitch, still had the preorder on the account so it wouldn't let us go forward. Called 611 and used the automated system to cancel my order (30 secs tops) and she was immediately able to continue. In and out with a new 256 MB 7+ in 20 mins and on a Saturday afternoon. Came home, checked the trade in on my old 6+ on the Verizon website and boom! $650! So far everything has gone great. Will update if something goes wonky with the trade in.

Reactions: miss.manson

Grumpydude

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Mi
There is hope. My original order date 9/15 7+ 32GB MB. First ship date 10/12, VZW cancels order on9/22 due to snafu on their part and I get a new date of 11/9, obviously I'm upset. Phone call to VZW, my date remains 11/9 but they gave me enough to make it worth my while. Someone on here mentions a "jump the line" so I call on 9/23 and get a great rep who says she'll see what she can do and I should get my original date of 10/12 back within 24 to 48 hours. This afternoon I get an email and my phone is now in the hands of the FedEx folks in Memphis and will be in my hands on Tuesday.

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
This is not fair.

I do't think that's true. Cards get changed and canceled all the time, we switch banks, we cut up credit cards. I would call someone else at Verizon and say you want to change your payment method. I don't think it's any skin off their nose how you pay for it. Ir's amazing all the different stories we hear that people have been sharing on here. I don't think you even need to go into why you don't have funds available on that card, just tell them you are switching your payment method.
[doublepost=1474767209][/doublepost]
Oh dear I feel so bad, I ordered my Jet Black 128gb 7, yesterday and it was just charged and sent to the warehouse
Oh, no one wants the 7.... :)

williambelknap

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
that moment when you get your mb 7 at the Verizon store on launch day and then crack it one week later, but Verizon says its covered under the 14-day return??? and then ship you a new jet black 7 BLESSED, its coming Tuesday

iEuphoria

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2016
South Carolina
So my first preorder was cancelled on 9/18.
I had some feeling. So I checked that order today.
It's been sent to the warehouse for shipment with a date of today? Wtf haha.

But I re-preordered on the 19th. That one says processing.
What do I do?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.