Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

backfire103

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
Just got charged for my 9/26 order. Got a RG 7 32gb and a 128 MB 7+. Glad to see it's coming early. Original ship date was 11/23.

lindadam

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2015
When I call 611 it now says "pending shipment," but same edd of 11/23? Previously 611 would say your order is being "processed." Or maybe I'm going crazy I don't know. Has anyone heard a similar status change through 611?

Talked to a verizon rep and she says to keep checking online. Order has not received tracking info "yet." Did not have any further info regarding that.

**JB 7+ 128gb 9/16 Edd 11/23 if anyone is curious**

Edit: Just checked, no charge on CC. I think I'm going insane.
Me too!!!

MisterTree

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2016
Just a quick update.

Picked up the a 256 MB 7 on launch day. Initiated a return to swap for the 256 JB 7 Plus on 9/28 with an EDD of 11/23.

Just got a text last night that my order was received and I'd get tracking num once shipped.

Reading through previous posts, it appears I'll have my new phone by the weekend.

Is this right or are they just shipping me my return box for the 7 way in advance?

Moore94

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
Just a quick update.

Picked up the a 256 MB 7 on launch day. Initiated a return to swap for the 256 JB 7 Plus on 9/28 with an EDD of 11/23.

Just got a text last night that my order was received and I'd get tracking num once shipped.

Reading through previous posts, it appears I'll have my new phone by the weekend.

Is this right or are they just shipping me my return box for the 7 way in advance?
No, jb's have been moving left and right, you didn't like the mb

backfire103

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
Just a quick update.

I got my box shipped the day I placed my order.

Anyone know how long it takes to go pending for shipping?
My card shows a pending charge as of last night, but I've had no change with my order status.

Native3000

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
OK, I need some advice here. My phone should be coming today it is on the truck out for delivery. I ordered on September 20 black 7+128gb. I ordered this phone because I needed it. I am currently using the iPhone 6 and it is on it's last leg. However, this morning the entire screen fell off. And of course they were supposed to give me $650 credit for turning this phone back in. Does anyone think I should just take it to a third-party dealer, and try to have the screen repaired? I'd rather pay a little money to have it fixed, then risk losing the $650 trade-in value. The phone is still working, I just push the screen back in, and works. So doing OK. However, like I said this going to have to be traded in and I'm not sure what to do to try to fix it. I am not an expert in fixing iPhones, this is not a repair I will be able to do myself.

pmadsquare

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2016
OK, I need some advice here. My phone should be coming today it is on the truck out for delivery. I ordered on September 20 black 7+128gb. I ordered this phone because I needed it. I am currently using the iPhone 6 and it is on it's last leg. However, this morning the entire screen fell off. And of course they were supposed to give me $650 credit for turning this phone back in. Does anyone think I should just take it to a third-party dealer, and try to have the screen repaired? I'd rather pay a little money to have it fixed, then risk losing the $650 trade-in value. The phone is still working, I just push the screen back in, and works. So doing OK. However, like I said this going to have to be traded in and I'm not sure what to do to try to fix it. I am not an expert in fixing iPhones, this is not a repair I will be able to do myself.

Assuming you're paying your iPhone 7+ through monthly device payments, you're going by the full retail price. I'm getting the same phone as yours at $869.99 mainly because of the $650 deal—probably the best one you can get with just an iPhone 6.

That being said, yes it would be totally worth it to just repair the screen since you're only paying retail price MINUS the $650 trade-in deal, which comes to around $220. According to Verizon's appraisal site, an iPhone 6 is worth $210 as of now.

This is just my opinion, since once you trade in your phone you cannot get it back. Make sure the person repairing your phone is qualified, otherwise Vzw might see that the device had been tampered with incorrectly.

Best of luck!

apfanmom5

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2015
Assuming you're paying your iPhone 7+ through monthly device payments, you're going by the full retail price. I'm getting the same phone as yours at $869.99 mainly because of the $650 deal—probably the best one you can get with just an iPhone 6.

That being said, yes it would be totally worth it to just repair the screen since you're only paying retail price MINUS the $650 trade-in deal, which comes to around $220. According to Verizon's appraisal site, an iPhone 6 is worth $210 as of now.

This is just my opinion, since once you trade in your phone you cannot get it back. Make sure the person repairing your phone is qualified, otherwise Vzw might see that the device had been tampered with incorrectly.

Best of luck!
Agreed!! Get the screen replacment but do not take it to an unauthorized location. That will deem the phone beyond repair and Apple will not touch it afterwards.... which would ruin the trade-in value.

backfire103

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
The wifey's matte black 7+ 128GB arrives Thursday. Ordered 9/25, EDD 11/23, actually shipped 10/18.

How long did it take from you to get a pending charge to get tracking. My phones are on a new account so they won't send me any texts.

Rootus

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2008
Portland, OR
Did you order from Verizon? I ordered RG 7+ 128 on 9/23 with EDD 11/16. So far no updates.
Yep, ordered directly from Verizon.

I'm going to play IUP roulette today. I reserved a JB 128 7+ using the IUP link on iStockNow. The email says I have to trade in my current iPhone. Whoops! I don't have a current iPhone :). I'm fine signing up for IUP, but I'm not already using it. If they tell me to get lost, oh well, I should get my originally ordered phone soon enough. If I succeed, then I'll have my phone a bit earlier. Fingers crossed...
[doublepost=1476890330][/doublepost]
How long did it take from you to get a pending charge to get tracking. My phones are on a new account so they won't send me any texts.
I didn't catch the pending charge, we first learned about it when we got a text message. The tracking number we got about 6 hours later, but it took a bit before FedEx recognized it as valid. it's two day shipping so by the time you get the tracking info it will probably be on it's way already.

illaura

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2009
Watch this site like a hawk, but rarely (if ever?) post.

Ordered two phones

128gb RG 7+
128gb MB 7+
OD 9/18
EDD 11/16

Received my shipment notification this morning. I am almost a month early. Sending good thoughts to everyone that you are all getting your phones soon.

Reactions: Moore94

zaneliu

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2013
Berkeley
Seems phone are moving now towards November deadline. However, the JB 128gb 7+ are still on delay. I think they're one of the most demanded phones so likely will have to wait another week before I see movement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.