Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sgerwel

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2016
Missouri
Apparently I'm the only person in the world who ordered a gold 7+. Anyone have an update on the gold?

I ordered the 7+ 128gb in gold on 9/21 with an edd of 11/02. And it infuriated me to see people who ordered the exact same (except in MB) a week later than me, with an edd two weeks later than mine, already having theirs shipped. The only reason I ordered the gold instead of MB or another color is because the gold had one of the earliest edd's at the time of purchase.

And I can't get an estimate of what's going on, because no one else in the universe ordered the gold color (you would think I'd get mine sooner then).

Track40

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
Woot! Just got my shipment notice + tracking info for Friday delivery! JB 7+ 256GB, ordered @ VZ store 9/27 with EDD of 11/23. Hope I don't get a lemon! Keep hanging in there! They are shipping way early!

CONGRATS! I just got my JB 256 7+ yesterday! It was completely worth the wait. This thing is gorgeous!

Reactions: entropik

thaghost

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Winter Garden, FL
Well no changes overnight on mine. EDD and pre-order # are still missing from the order page. No CC charge yet either.

Edit: Just saw on the order page that they have shipped!!!

Last edited:

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
My 128JB 7+ is out for delivery!
What's the shipping weight of just a 7+? I have two phones on order and it only shows the one on the ship email, yet I was charged tax on both. But it could be just an error in the system cause the one phone doesn't have a number yet.
My box weight is 3lbs.
Mine is 1.3lbs

AllHart

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
Rochester, NY
Apparently I'm the only person in the world who ordered a gold 7+. Anyone have an update on the gold?

I ordered the 7+ 128gb in gold on 9/21 with an edd of 11/02. And it infuriated me to see people who ordered the exact same (except in MB) a week later than me, with an edd two weeks later than mine, already having theirs shipped. The only reason I ordered the gold instead of MB or another color is because the gold had one of the earliest edd's at the time of purchase.

And I can't get an estimate of what's going on, because no one else in the universe ordered the gold color (you would think I'd get mine sooner then).

I ordered 7+ 128gb in Gold on 9/22, ESD 11/9/16. Also getting a little frustrated to see people that ordered after me receiving their phones, but still trying to be patient. I'll just keep staring at my new 7+ case and screen protector until I have the actual phone...

Reactions: sgerwel

shimmydiva

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2014
Tampa Area

same here

Last edited:

sgerwel

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2016
Missouri
I ordered 7+ 128gb in Gold on 9/22, ESD 11/9/16. Also getting a little frustrated to see people that ordered after me receiving their phones, but still trying to be patient. I'll just keep staring at my new 7+ case and screen protector until I have the actual phone...

I'll PM you when I get some action on my order. I ordered a day earlier with a ESD a week earlier than yours, so I should get mine shipped out a little before you (at least I hope to god that's the case).

thomascann

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2016
Just got a shipment notification:
iPhone 7plus Jet Black 128GB
Pre ordered 9/12/16
Shipment Notification: today
ETA: 10/24
Original estimate: 11/23

Reactions: zaneliu

AllHart

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
Rochester, NY
I'll PM you when I get some action on my order. I ordered a day earlier with a ESD a week earlier than yours, so I should get mine shipped out a little before you (at least I hope to god that's the case).

Sounds good! My 6 has been acting real strange lately, I hope it comes soon!!

sgerwel

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2016
Missouri
Sounds good! My 6 has been acting real strange lately, I hope it comes soon!!

Hey, good news!

My CC was just charged tonight. So I'm assuming it's about to ship. I'm guessing yours should be close behind.

(Gold 7 Plus 128GB, Order date 9/21, esd 11/02)

Last edited:

smsummerv

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2016
California
Ordered a Jet Black iPhone 7+ 256GB from Verizon on Sept. 23rd with estimated delivery of Nov. 16th, but here it is October 20th and its scheduled for delivery tomo!
I'm not saying that anyone should need to wait so long for a bloody phone/pocketputer, but nearly a month ahead of estimate is pretty cool!
They probably gave out worst case dates so if/when they shipped "early" people would forget about the wait to begin with ;) however it went down, I'm happy so it worked

Djackpot

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2014
Still waiting for a 256 7+ MB and a 128 GLD 7+ ordered on 9/20 - think the MB might be holding up the GLD since the were together on an order - did receive 32MB 7+ yesterday that was ordered on the same day

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Sorry for the late post.

My 128GB Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus was delivered today at 5:30! :D

This thing is beautiful. I bought a clear rubberized Speck case for it, but you can't even see the glossy finish. :(

lindadam

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2015
Waiting for 7+ 128g RG. Ord 9/23 EDD 11/16.

Track40

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
Sorry for the late post.

My 128GB Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus was delivered today at 5:30! :D

This thing is beautiful. I bought a clear rubberized Speck case for it, but you can't even see the glossy finish. :(

I was looking at that case for my JB 7+ too. I was debating between the black onyx version of the Presidio Clear and the all black Presidio Grip. Went with the grip. However, I'm a case freak, so it's only a matter of time before I have the onyx clear case as well.

The all clear cases have that semi-translucent inner rubbery layer that obscures the case back of the phone. If you want a true "totally clear" case you'll probably have to go with a Spigen... but i think you'll be trading out solid drop protection (of the Speck) for looks.

Reactions: Prof.

pilot1226

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
USA
I received my Plus yesterday - Matte Black, 32GB - about 34 days earlier than the original "November 23rd" shipping date.

My order was placed over the phone on 9/29 if that makes a difference.

My iPhone 6 was appraised at $650 per the promotion as expected. They're sending me a box in the mail and I just have to wipe the 6 and disable FMI/AL and bring it to the post office.

"That was easy!"

I have been following the Verizon Community Forums as well. It seems like the Matte Black 32's and 128's are somewhere around 3+ weeks ahead of schedule. There were a few JB's that are around 2 weeks ahead of schedule, same with Rose Gold.

Good luck folks. Spent the latter half of yesterday re-pairing and re-syncing my Watch and trying to wrestle with the 10.1 beta. I should buy some stock in Advil!

AllHart

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
Rochester, NY
Hey, good news!

My CC was just charged tonight. So I'm assuming it's about to ship. I'm guessing yours should be close behind.

(Gold 7 Plus 128GB, Order date 9/21, esd 11/02)

Thank you! This gives me hope, but I'm also not going to get too excited until I see that charge on my bank account. So happy for you! Let me know when it gets to you! :D
[doublepost=1477059848][/doublepost]
Waiting for 7+ 128g RG. Ord 9/23 EDD 11/16.

My sister (who shares the Verizon account with me) ordered 9/22 7+ 128gb RG with ESD 11/16 as well. I'm hoping hers doesn't hold up my order! Although, even when I receive my phone, I'll have to wait for hers to arrive, Verizon rep that helped us in store said we have to come into Verizon together to trade in our phones and switch our plan around... Looks like I'll be waiting around for multiple reasons :(

lindadam

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2015
Still
I received my Plus yesterday - Matte Black, 32GB - about 34 days earlier than the original "November 23rd" shipping date.

My order was placed over the phone on 9/29 if that makes a difference.

My iPhone 6 was appraised at $650 per the promotion as expected. They're sending me a box in the mail and I just have to wipe the 6 and disable FMI/AL and bring it to the post office.

"That was easy!"

I have been following the Verizon Community Forums as well. It seems like the Matte Black 32's and 128's are somewhere around 3+ weeks ahead of schedule. There were a few JB's that are around 2 weeks ahead of schedule, same with Rose Gold.

Good luck folks. Spent the latter half of yesterday re-pairing and re-syncing my Watch and trying to wrestle with the 10.1 beta. I should buy some stock in Advil!
Still waiting for RG 128g it will be a month in 2 days. Ord. 9/23 at store
[doublepost=1477067489][/doublepost]
Thank you! This gives me hope, but I'm also not going to get too excited until I see that charge on my bank account. So happy for you! Let me know when it gets to you! :D
[doublepost=1477059848][/doublepost]

My sister (who shares the Verizon account with me) ordered 9/22 7+ 128gb RG with ESD 11/16 as well. I'm hoping hers doesn't hold up my order! Although, even when I receive my phone, I'll have to wait for hers to arrive, Verizon rep that helped us in store said we have to come into Verizon together to trade in our phones and switch our plan around... Looks like I'll be waiting around for multiple reasons :(
Wow! I thought RG are not popular. The rep told me I should get the phone before 11/16. Good luck to us.

Fspeed

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2016
This is not some transcendentalist higher thought or anything...but Im thinking since I'm on the west coast means that all the east coasters who ordered on launch day in store (Verizon) like myself had a 3 hour advantage to put in that order. Hence, they would get all the primary allocation, since us west coasters are behind by default.

Am I thinking right??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.