Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lindadam

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2015
This is not some transcendentalist higher thought or anything...but Im thinking since I'm on the west coast means that all the east coasters who ordered on launch day in store (Verizon) like myself had a 3 hour advantage to put in that order. Hence, they would get all the primary allocation, since us west coasters are behind by default.

Am I thinking right??
I'm in the west too! I agree.

Reactions: Fspeed

hmmmmmmmm

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2016
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any insight to this issue, ordered my phone (7+ 256 JB) on 9/22, got an email saying my order was being processed on Sunday night 10/16, then my card was rejected, I updated my card and now the payment has been held for almost 5 days, Verizon says they don't know what's going on.

I might just get an android on AT&T if they keep jerking me around like this, which would suck.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
This is not some transcendentalist higher thought or anything...but Im thinking since I'm on the west coast means that all the east coasters who ordered on launch day in store (Verizon) like myself had a 3 hour advantage to put in that order. Hence, they would get all the primary allocation, since us west coasters are behind by default.

Am I thinking right??

I agree also - I dont know what page I posted on when I was charged and shipped but it was exactly 2 days AFTER a east coast person posted their charge and ship ---of the same exact configuration.... I had ordered 10 mins before they ordered.

Jon815

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any insight to this issue, ordered my phone (7+ 256 JB) on 9/22, got an email saying my order was being processed on Sunday night 10/16, then my card was rejected, I updated my card and now the payment has been held for almost 5 days, Verizon says they don't know what's going on.

I might just get an android on AT&T if they keep jerking me around like this, which would suck.
Same happened to me i called and payed over phone i used 2 of my cards to pay... got a conformtion number and got my tracking info 24 hours later... getting my phone on monday JB 7+ 256

thaghost

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Winter Garden, FL
Since Apple ships two day business with UpS, will they not deliver on a Saturday? Mine has been sitting at my local UPS sorting facility since yesterday afternoon with eta of Monday by EOB. It shipped out Thursday.

Native3000

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
Assuming you're paying your iPhone 7+ through monthly device payments, you're going by the full retail price. I'm getting the same phone as yours at $869.99 mainly because of the $650 deal—probably the best one you can get with just an iPhone 6.

That being said, yes it would be totally worth it to just repair the screen since you're only paying retail price MINUS the $650 trade-in deal, which comes to around $220. According to Verizon's appraisal site, an iPhone 6 is worth $210 as of now.

This is just my opinion, since once you trade in your phone you cannot get it back. Make sure the person repairing your phone is qualified, otherwise Vzw might see that the device had been tampered with incorrectly.

Best of luck!

pmadsquare

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2016
Since Apple ships two day business with UpS, will they not deliver on a Saturday? Mine has been sitting at my local UPS sorting facility since yesterday afternoon with eta of Monday by EOB. It shipped out Thursday.

No, UPS does not deliver saturday unless it was specified for Saturday delivery. I believe you have to pay for that extra service. My iPhone also shipped out Thursday evening with a delivery date of Monday. Sadly its sitting in my nearby UPS center right now.

bu81

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
Hey guys,
Feel kind of guilty posting this. Was a victim of the note 7 issue. Just returned my 2nd one on the 18th and ordered a MB 7+ 128 the same day. Estimated delivery was 12/7 which I was fine with to get back on something that wouldn't start on fire. Got an email Friday saying it had shipped with delivery date of Tuesday the 25th.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Hey guys,
Feel kind of guilty posting this. Was a victim of the note 7 issue. Just returned my 2nd one on the 18th and ordered a MB 7+ 128 the same day. Estimated delivery was 12/7 which I was fine with to get back on something that wouldn't start on fire. Got an email Friday saying it had shipped with delivery date of Tuesday the 25th.
Your iPhone shipped within 3 days of ordering it? Damn! lol

sgerwel

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2016
Missouri
Hey guys,

A ton of MB 128's shipped recently. They must be caught up on those. Or maybe they are moving up Note 7 people so they don't get frustrated and take their business elsewhere. (Which would be bs if you ask me.)

bu81

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2014
A ton of MB 128's shipped recently. They must be caught up on those. Or maybe they are moving up Note 7 people so they don't get frustrated and take their business elsewhere. (Which would be bs if you ask me.)
Yea I'm kind of hoping they just got caught up. Told the rep that it was what it was and if the phone didn't ship until December it was fine

Fspeed

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2016

I am a Note 7 victim as well, wish they would move me up. I was within the 14 day return period and returned it a couple days before the "official" recall. Stories were being put out daily about explosions, and the recall thing was just a rumor at that point. (The carriers had announced to swap devices I believe before Samsung did).

I can't speak for the other carriers , but the note 7 with the Verizon bloatware was terrible. I was looking for a reason to return it, and this ordeal made it easier for me to make the decision to return it.

I like samsung and apple equally, and loved the previous note devices, but they dropped the ball with this one. Not only the whole explosion-gate thing, but performance was terrible. I probably will never go back to android as far as phones go. (I still like an android tablet as a media device though. I miss my N7 tablet :/)

Snesley Wipes

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2009
I had the iphone 7 for a couple weeks and changed my mind. I called Verizon and told them I want the matte black 128gb 7+ instead and they set up the new order and exchange no probs. Ordered 10/17 with estimated ship date 12/7. Got tracking info from Fedex and it will be delivered Monday 10/24.

Got lucky i guess.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
I had the iphone 7 for a couple weeks and changed my mind. I called Verizon and told them I want the matte black 128gb 7+ instead and they set up the new order and exchange no probs. Ordered 10/17 with estimated ship date 12/7. Got tracking info from Fedex and it will be delivered Monday 10/24.

Got lucky i guess.

Oh wow, so they let you exchange your phone past the 14 day return period? You definitely got lucky.

jamesdunn72

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2014
I ordered for my iPhone 7+ MB 128 on October 21st, EDD 12/07. Lets hope I get lucky like you guys and get my phone in a couple of weeks :)

Reactions: Moore94

kep0ne

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2014
Hah, you and me both! Had an S7 edge, but previously an iPhone 6+.Got my wife a new 7+ a week ago and ended up ordering my 7+ a couple days later (with a EDD of 12/7). Was very surprised to get the shipping text on Friday! Can't wait to be back in iOS.

Hey guys,

Reactions: bu81
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.