Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ColoradoTider

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2014
Colorado
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but is the $650 credit offer only for new customers switching to Verizon? If not, can I add it now or would they have to cancel the orden and do a new one? My husband just decided he is interested in doing ito_O

Actually I saw on the site it specifically said you can choose to return your phone at a later date for the $650 deal. You should be fine if he wants to trade his in now

trevoclark

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2015
Just reading through the comments and I feel like something should be pointed out (and apologies if this has already been said): Verizon seems to use DELIVER BY and SHIP BY interchangeably depending on the site you check your order on. My 6 Plus order said "deliver by" and my 6S Plus said "ship by", and both arrived on their respective launch days (and despite both having dates later than launch day).

And I got my order in for a 7 Plus 256GB Jet Black at 12:05 with a 9/28 ship date. My guess would be that since even direct from Apple at midnight the ship dates for Jet Black Plus models were at best (from what I've seen consistently) a 9/23 date, Apple gave carriers very hawkish supply estimates because they don't have a firm grasp on production yields for them yet. I wouldn't be surprised if mine arrives on launch, but I would be surprised to see it on or after 9/28. Until then I'll somehow manage to get by with my 6S Plus.

In other news Samuel Adams Octoberfest is out! Pick yourself up a case to help pass the time!

Last edited:

lienhart

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
Good Info Trevoclark, Great to hear.. I got my order placed 30 minutes after the pre-order launch and have a 9/23 "ship/deliver" date but I am really hoping for a 9/16 delivery:D
I placed mine the minute orders went up and I also has a "ship/deliver" 9/23 date. I think we will likely get it launch day, usually dates within a few weeks of launch always come earlier than expected :D

bwsteg

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2012
Queens NY
I placed my 1st order for jet black 256 plus at 2:45 est (15min before launch time). The est delivery was 9/28. However some started ordering even earlier than that, I could've as well but couldn't figure out how to add the $650 promotion. During that time say 2:30am est, the delivery date was 9/16. So I assume many orders went through prior to official launch.

I have my doubts that the iPhone will arrive earlier than the expected date. Here's why in years past Verizon went live about 5min earlier and if you got your order fairly quick, maybe 10min tops after launch - you had the chance of getting the phone on release date. This year orders went live nearly 40min prior to launch. So if you ordered at 3:05 est, essentially it's almost like placing an order 40-45min after launch on any other year.

Hope I'm wrong but it isn't a big deal for me to wait if I have to.

Reactions: Sammypurple

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Yes, VZW uses ship by and deliver by interchangeably. They are one and the same.

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but is the $650 credit offer only for new customers switching to Verizon? If not, can I add it now or would they have to cancel the orden and do a new one? My husband just decided he is interested in doing ito_O

Yes. System will automatically detect the iPhone 7 on the line when it receives/processes the trade in. Doesn't matter whether new or old customer.

My order just says black....so that's black and not jet black right?

Correct.

Reactions: JerTheGeek

davidgolfer

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2015
I ordered 2, a 7+ for me and a 7 for my wife. My wife's order shows the 2Gb, but mine doesn't.
Same here. I ordered 3 lines my line doesn't have the 2GB but the other 2 lines have the 2GB bonus. Going to wait until after I get the phones and call and verify

Crwmlw

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2011
Chicago,Il
I can't log in to my account. Every time I tried it said I would receive a security pin via text. At first I never got it. Then got 1 and it said it was incorrect. Last time I tried it gave me an error: "Sign in request pin error. We are sorry, but you cannot complete your login at this time. Please try again later." I've tried a few times now and same result. Is anyone else getting this?
Good Morning, Are you still having the same issues as me this morning? I am, still getting the security pin error!!! Just curious, Thanks

mi_hiker

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
I actually have the same situation. I was charged for the 32GB phone, and the order status on the app says 9/10 shipping date. When I try to check the 128GB status, it gives me an error, but they both still show as processing on the website.

I have the same results when checking order status on web via the confirmation email. Can't click on the 128 GB but can see details for the 32GB.

moisestorres

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2016
Pre ordered 4 lines with Verizon which are supposed to port from T-Mobile. One of the people changed their minds and wants to go 7 plus. Is it possible to change the preorder and to do so without screwing everyone else up? I don't wanna cancel it all and lose my place in line.

You will not be able to modify anything at this point. You will have to wait until your order arrives and once you get the to store, you can speak to the manager to make an exchange for the plus. Everyone else will get their phones but the person who changed his mind will have a brand new order made and it will more than likely be pushed back to the end of the line.

Reactions: Shadowbech

Gregintosh

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2008
Chicago
You will not be able to modify anything at this point. You will have to wait until your order arrives and once you get the to store, you can speak to the manager to make an exchange for the plus. Everyone else will get their phones but the person who changed his mind will have a brand new order made and it will more than likely be pushed back to the end of the line.

That sounds like an okay solution. Any idea if the person can keep the 7 until the 7 plus arrives though? I cant imagine them wanting to be without any phone/service for a month or however long it may take from that point lol.

Theunknown1087

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010
I ordered as soon as I was able to using the my verizon app. I got an email saying deliver by 9/16 but haven't been charged yet. It still says processing.

I called verizon earlier today for a bill related question and then before we hung up, I asked about my order status.

She stated that it will not come on the 16th because that is when it ships out. Because "they're not available to be shipped out until release day."

That kind of sucks if so.

scott5626

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2013
I ordered as soon as I was able to using the my verizon app. I got an email saying deliver by 9/16 but haven't been charged yet. It still says processing.

I called verizon earlier today for a bill related question and then before we hung up, I asked about my order status.

She stated that it will not come on the 16th because that is when it ships out. Because "they're not available to be shipped out until release day."

They always ship before release day so they typically arrive on release day. Sometimes ups or fedex doesn't hold the package as the carrier requests and people have received phones early sometimes.

Don't place that much faith in what the service agents tell you. They typically just read a script and rarely know anything beyond that.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014

Their ship by and delivery by dates are interchangeable basically, based off what others have said on here. I wouldn't worry about it, you should get yours on launch id expect.

iteklog

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
NNJ/NYC
Just reading through the comments and I feel like something should be pointed out (and apologies if this has already been said): Verizon seems to use DELIVER BY and SHIP BY interchangeably depending on the site you check your order on. My 6 Plus order said "deliver by" and my 6S Plus said "ship by", and both arrived on their respective launch days (and despite both having dates later than launch day).

And I got my order in for a 7 Plus 256GB Jet Black at 12:05 with a 9/28 ship date. My guess would be that since even direct from Apple at midnight the ship dates for Jet Black Plus models were at best (from what I've seen consistently) a 9/23 date, Apple gave carriers very hawkish supply estimates because they don't have a firm grasp on production yields for them yet. I wouldn't be surprised if mine arrives on launch, but I would be surprised to see it on or after 9/28. Until then I'll somehow manage to get by with my 6S Plus.

In other news Samuel Adams Octoberfest is out! Pick yourself up a case to help pass the time!

Thats great, i order at 3:20AM EST on pre order day for a black 256gb iphone 7 and for delivered by 9/16, it just throws me off that the VZW page says "expected ship by 9/16" but since its my first time pre ordering through VZ then i'll be waiting for my phone and my watch this friday 9/16 all day in my house!!

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
That sounds like an okay solution. Any idea if the person can keep the 7 until the 7 plus arrives though? I cant imagine them wanting to be without any phone/service for a month or however long it may take from that point lol.
You only have 14 days to use and return it so if they don't have the plus within 14 days, then likely you will have to return before it's up, and you may end up having to pay the restock fee depending on where you got it. Apple store does not, but the carrier store may charge.

Theunknown1087

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010
They always ship before release day so they typically arrive on release day. Sometimes ups or fedex doesn't hold the package as the carrier requests and people have received phones early sometimes.

Don't place that much faith in what the service agents tell you. They typically just read a script and rarely know anything beyond that.

Thanks, that's what I'm hoping. I am also hoping it ships by UPS, so I can have it held at the UPS store down the street from my work. Fedex delivered my iphone 5 years ago and they had to attempt to deliver it and have no one be there in order for it to be held. I really want to get it soon so I can take my 6 down to the apple store and trade it in for credit to by the watch.

scott5626

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2013
Thanks, that's what I'm hoping. I am also hoping it ships by UPS, so I can have it held at the UPS store down the street from my work. Fedex delivered my iphone 5 years ago and they had to attempt to deliver it and have no one be there in order for it to be held. I really want to get it soon so I can take my 6 down to the apple store and trade it in for credit to by the watch.

If it's by fedex (usually who Verizon ships with) they would need an "indirect" signature. Meaning you can leave a note taped to your door with your signature. Be careful as a lot of thieves are aware of the iPhone launch day.

Reactions: Sammypurple

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

It doesn't usually change much. If it came by FedEx before, it'll probably be FedEx again. Current theory is that it's based on proximity to major hubs.

If it's by fedex (usually who Verizon ships with) they would need an "indirect" signature. Meaning you can leave a note taped to your door with your signature. Be careful as a lot of thieves are aware of the iPhone launch day.

Yes and no. Some will accept that, but some won't. It is Indirect Signature Required, but some couriers still don't want to take the risk. Really depends on the driver and the apparent safety of the package (depending on neighborhood, how visible it is, etc.).

iteklog

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
NNJ/NYC
It doesn't usually change much. If it came by FedEx before, it'll probably be FedEx again. Current theory is that it's based on proximity to major hubs.

Yes and no. Some will accept that, but some won't. It is Indirect Signature Required, but some couriers still don't want to take the risk. Really depends on the driver and the apparent safety of the package (depending on neighborhood, how visible it is, etc.).

if it gets ship with fedex, i will call fedex for me to pick it up on friday instead of delivery... Delivery to my house takes forever. Hope they allow me to pick up the phone on friday 9/16

Crwmlw

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2011
Chicago,Il
Anyone else besides me still getting this security pin error after entering my username and password on verizonwireless.com???? Never ever have i received a security pin message after logging in, I know a few people on here experienced the same thing as of yesterday, Verizon is no help. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.