Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madscientist10

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2014
NYC
Quick question: Did anyone get an appraisal value of $650 when doing the trade-in? Because I didn't. I called VZW CS and they told me they would send me a promo code when I activated the new phone, which I would use during the appraisal process, but I didn't read anything about that on their site.

DIGGDEEP

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
Am I the only one who could order the iPhone 7 even before midnight Eastern Time via the My Verizon App?! Before going to bed around midnight ET, I was about to set my alarm for 3am to buy on Apple.com and figured I'd familiarize myself with the Verizon order page as well so I could order faster when the phone is released.

On the My Verizon App I saw both iPhone 7 and 7+ in the "Upgrade this device" section, so I switched to my laptop to complete the order and couldn't see the 7 on the Web. I went back to the My Verizon App and completed the order there (about 3 hours before the official pre-order start time), got a confirmation email with 9/16 delivery date immediately (7+ 256GB JetBlack). My order status still says 9/16 delivery.

I haven't seen any other posts or articles about VZW opening up pre-orders early, so I'm curious if anyone knows why I could pre-order early on the App? Anyone else who did the same?

That early preorder opened up for me on the actual website a couple years ago for the iPhone 6. It wasn't even quite midnight...

Went smooth as butter... I was hoping for the same the same thing this year. Wish I knew about the app.

wynnstar

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2016
Savannah
Quick question: Did anyone get an appraisal value of $650 when doing the trade-in? Because I didn't. I called VZW CS and they told me they would send me a promo code when I activated the new phone, which I would use during the appraisal process, but I didn't read anything about that on their site.
I traded in a 6 and received $650 and a 5s and received $400. It popped up after I answered all the questions about each device and hit "appraise device". This was on the website Fri at 3:09 am EDT.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Some did and some didn't. It doesn't matter. The system will detect the iPhone 7 on your account automatically and when your trade in is received, you'll get the full $650 credited.

Reactions: JerTheGeek

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
Ordered 2 phones, both upgrades that have been off contract for many months.

Phone 1 is 7 matte black 128GB.
Phone 2 is 7 matte black 32 GB.

Both orders were placed around 12:31 am CT. Order confirmation emails were received and a shipment notification for phone 2 was sent at noon yesterday (which I know is for the trade in return).

When I pull up the order for phone 2 there is now a detailed invoice as well as a shipping date of today (9-10). Is anyone else seeing that? I'm using the app to check the order status.

Edited to add. Card has been charged for phone 2. Nothing for phone 1 which was ordered a few min earlier.
How do you check in the app?

Reactions: joshuakhania

madscientist10

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2014
NYC
Okay. Thanks for the responses.

On a side note, the Jet Black 7 128GB now has a ship date of 9/28 on Verizon's site; which is puzzling to me because I have a ship date of 10/5 and I ordered mine at 3:30 EDT.

Sammypurple

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
Massachusetts, United States
When I pull up the order for phone 2 there is now a detailed invoice as well as a shipping date of today (9-10). Is anyone else seeing that? I'm using the app to check the order status.

I'm getting that as well on the app for my 256 GB rose gold 7.

How do you check in the app?

Look under Shop -> My Orders after tapping the three line thing in the top left.

Reactions: willmtaylor

Sammypurple

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
Massachusetts, United States
All I see is different device categories to buy, no orders. Are you all using the my Verizon app?
Yup. Do you not have a screen like this?

0kh3oDl.png

Reactions: willmtaylor

Alid32

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
Springfield OH
My rose gold 128gb 7 plus said delivery date for the 16th but when I check the status it says the 28th. My husbands black 256gb 7 plus said the 23rd when ordered and still says the 23rd when I check its status.

I called Verizon and they said that the systems were having a hard time keeping up with updating the days they would ship and if it now says the 28th that's when it will come and won't come on the 16th

JediPy

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
My rose gold 128gb 7 plus said delivery date for the 16th but when I check the status it says the 28th. My husbands black 256gb 7 plus said the 23rd when ordered and still says the 23rd when I check its status.

I called Verizon and they said that the systems were having a hard time keeping up with updating the days they would ship and if it now says the 28th that's when it will come and won't come on the 16th

My wife's rose gold 128gb 7 plus says the same thing - it originally said the 16th and now says the 28th when I click the preorder link. But when I login first to see my orders it still says the 16th. My black 128gb 7 plus still shows the 23rd everywhere. When I called about an issue with my street address getting inverted, the rep told me both my orders were very high in the queue, but I take what they say with a grain of salt.

Reactions: hak187

letsgox

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016

I originally ordered (when i finally got in) 128gb JB 7 Plus with a deliver by 10/05..but when i checked the status of it from the confirmation email link...it said 10/28. I called and the rep said that on her end she sees a ship/delivery date of 10/05 but if i see 10/28 then that was most likely the real date because of orders still being processed. So about an hour and a half later i cancelled and placed a new order for the matte black instead and see a delivery by and shipment date of 9/23...hoping it gets processed soon and is delivered on launch day!!! Any chances of that or did I order a few hours too late?

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
I originally ordered (when i finally got in) 128gb JB 7 Plus with a deliver by 10/05..but when i checked the status of it from the confirmation email link...it said 10/28. I called and the rep said that on her end she sees a ship/delivery date of 10/05 but if i see 10/28 then that was most likely the real date because of orders still being processed. So about an hour and a half later i cancelled and placed a new order for the matte black instead and see a delivery by and shipment date of 9/23...hoping it gets processed soon and is delivered on launch day!!! Any chances of that or did I order a few hours too late?
Same model as you ordered, same delivery-by date. Hoping the same!

Alid32

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
Springfield OH

I have no idea. This was my first year pre ordering. I've always had luck going to the store every year. I'm sorta disappointed since it told me the 16th and now it's looking like the 28th

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
I've never had a "pre-authorized" charge from Verizon on my debit card. I get charged once my phone is preparing for shipping though.

Cool. I never ordered thru Verizon and I was not sure. I know apple does the pre auths. I'm using debit and would not rather put it on a credit card.

Reactions: ksujoel

swedegirl

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2015
I snuck my order in through the glitch in the app at 2:20 am Eastern , a 7 128gb gold, and my card just went from the 1$ test charge to full charge! Mine shows delivery Friday

Bwrin1

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Indianapolis
I'm pretty sure all the 7 plus black have a delivery of 9/23 I haven't seen one say differently

Tmurray315

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2012
I'm pretty sure all the 7 plus black have a delivery of 9/23 I haven't seen one say differently
i have a question so i pre ordered the iPhone 7 +, i have the 6s, i pay that phone monthly. How does this version deal work with paying 0 dollars for iPhone 7 when you trade it in? i had to pay 85 dollars off my phone to upgrade so how can i get that deal?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.