Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alid32

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
Springfield OH
So I ordered a rose gold 128gb 7+ on the 9th. In my confirmation email it said it would be delivered on the 16th. Well late last night I went to the email and clicked on check your order status and it now says it's expected to ship the 28th. Anyone else have this happen?
[doublepost=1473536489][/doublepost]
When I click on the "check your order status" link in my confirmation email it gives me a date of 9/28. However if I log into My Verizon and check the status in there it gives me a "deliver by date" of 9/16

7 Plus 128 GB Rose Gold (I picked that model specifically because it was the only one that had a 9/16 date when I was going through the order process -- it will be in a case anyways)

Mines saying the same thing

Nick521

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2010
You will see it added when you receive the phone and activate it.
[doublepost=1473535248][/doublepost]

It is for life, as long as you have a large plan (8gb) or higher. I only made the switch because my previous bonus data expired this month.

I already pre-ordered the iPhone 7, and am on the More Everything Plan. If I change to The Verizon Plan XL now, will I still receive the bonus data?

zaquinho17

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2015
Sydney | to | New Jersey
I have the 16th and based on my confirmation email, I ordered a few minutes before 3:21 (eastern). I'm guessing I just chose an unpopular model.

bksHCS3.png

i have the black plus 128gb -- still haven't seen anyone on here with a 9/16 for that specific model. Maybe verizon only had limited quantity of the black, im not sure. But usually some one on here would be able to show they have 9/16 for this model.. 7 days isn't long, but it is when everyone on here starts uploading photos like there is no tomorrow lol

matudavis

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
If anyone got charged the $20, you need to call the verizon service
1 800 922 0204 and ask to "Change Order" which will get you to a rep. Tell the rep that the $20 said it would be waived online and as long as you get a good rep they will agree. i got out of $40 this way today. I think the verizon website had been having issues because, they did an update to the system today. I'm also one of the people whose ship date shows 9/23 but its also noted that it is Shipment #1. I find it odd for it to be part of first shipment but not be on release day. Maybe verizon doesn't get all the models immediately.

Reactions: willmtaylor

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Thanks. I've tried multiple times. I get different answers each time.
The fine print on the splash page says:

"2GB bonus data/mo/line for each new smartphone activation or upgrade purchased on device payment for as long as line remains active on the new Verizon Plan size L (8GB) or above. 2GB/line bonus data does not carry over."​

Emphasis mine.

Sammypurple

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
Massachusetts, United States
If anyone got charged the $20, you need to call the verizon service
1 800 922 0204 and ask to "Change Order" which will get you to a rep. Tell the rep that the $20 said it would be waived online and as long as you get a good rep they will agree. i got out of $40 this way today. I think the verizon website had been having issues because, they did an update to the system today. I'm also one of the people whose ship date shows 9/23 but its also noted that it is Shipment #1. I find it odd for it to be part of first shipment but not be on release day. Maybe verizon doesn't get all the models immediately.

I would guess the "Shipment #1" aspect is referring to the number of shipments in your order rather than Verizon's shipments. If you had ordered multiple items, there may be multiple shipments for the different items. Just a guess, though.

Reactions: ksujoel

skip579

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
My e-mail confirmation came through at 3:15 EDT, which means I probably placed the order pretty close to when you did. I received the 09/23 date as well. I think it's interesting because I saw a lot of people, including myself, were being routed to the enter your email for updates page up until 3:05ish. I wonder if a ton of people ordered early with the app glitch. It seems like the majority of individuals on here who ordered a 7 Plus through Verizon got a 09/23 date or later.

I'm surprised I was given a 9/23 ship date. I ordered the seemingly most-common black plus 128 at around 6:15am via phone. I'd be stoked to get it on launch day but I'm not holding my breath. I'm mostly glad they were able to ship it to my work so it's not sitting on my porch.

Reactions: gemnilocs

lienhart

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
When I click on the "check your order status" link in my confirmation email it gives me a date of 9/28. However if I log into My Verizon and check the status in there it gives me a "deliver by date" of 9/16

7 Plus 128 GB Rose Gold (I picked that model specifically because it was the only one that had a 9/16 date when I was going through the order process -- it will be in a case anyways)
You're lucky! My email says 9/23, then the website says deliver by 10/05 :(

Jdeck

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012
I have a black 256 plus which shows an order time of 3:01. I spoke to my business account rep about the 23rd delivery date and unfortunately he was pretty sure it was right and I wouldn't have it on release day. Probably some time the following week.

I asked him why and he said they had limited black plus models. I can't believe that limited though since I got my order in before the official time.

Mrlal8

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2012
I think that the 7 Plus 256gb Black was an unpopular model and will deliver much faster than the rest. I was on since 240 am but my apple store app crashed at 306 am ET. By the time I got back on at 310am all the pre order reservations were taken in my area and I tried getting a phone up until 5am ET and just gave up.

I went to the apple store at 1pm to ask realistically how many they thought they would be able to sell on 9/16 without a pre order and the guy was honest and said you'd probably have to wait in line from 7 am until 10 am. They fill all the preorders starting at 9am and then open sales to the general public at 10am.

1) I then ordered a 32gb 7+ black retail price (not for myself at 2pm ET) from the verizon app and got an email confirming that it would be delivered by 9/28 and online check order status said shipped by 9/28

2) I then ordered another 32 gb 7+ black retail price (again not for myself at 210pm ET) inside the verizon store and got an email confirming that it would be delivered by 10/5 and online check order status said shipped by 10/5

3) I needed to get myself one now and i needed a 128gb 7+ but it said backordered until november. The sales rep said 256gb will get to me much faster. I ordered a 7 Plus 256gb Black at 215 pm ET and got an email saying delivered by 9/23 and online it says shipped by 9/23.

I am checking all the statuses online now and both my 32gb says ships 10/5 (the first order that said ships by 9/28 had changed to 10/5)

However I'm pleased to see that my 256 gb 7+ black still says ship by 9/23 even though i ordered that at 215 pm ET. Im expecting that phone will be delivered to me on or before 9/23 for sure. Everyones orders will probably be updated by Monday. Verizon is probably getting so many calls right now and their online traffic is being flooded with people just checking every few mins to see if the statuses have updated haha I'm doing the same.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
I have a black 256 plus which shows an order time of 3:01. I spoke to my business account rep about the 23rd delivery date and unfortunately he was pretty sure it was right and I wouldn't have it on release day. Probably some time the following week.

I asked him why and he said they had limited black plus models. I can't believe that limited though since I got my order in before the official time.

If that is truly the case then I may cancel my order with Verizon and just wait in line at the apple store since we can assume apple is holding inventory for their own stores.

jekjones1558

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2010
The whole +2GB per line per activation. Should I be worry much at all that i don't see it on my plan right now? I figured I would wait until I get the new phone, activate and see if anything comes up. If not then I'll call in. Or am I suppose to see that as an option as soon as I ordered the phone?
The bonus data does not show up until after the phone is activated. I asked.

Reactions: aajeevlin

abnorm

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2008
Ordered at 1:44pm PST on Verizon app. (128gb black). When I was placing the order, it said deliver on 16th, but the email says 23rd. Order status on website says 9/23 ship date.

BONUS DATA 2GB/MO
Charged $20 upgrade fee + $78.29.
Should $20 fee be waived?

jekjones1558

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2010
BUT I thought the fee was supposed to be waived online. I was aware of the $20 fee but I also was aware of an ongoing online promotion right before the pre orders that said they would waive the fee if you ordered online.
The waiver was for activation fee, not upgrade fee.

Last edited:
Reactions: OceanMindedBoy

zaquinho17

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2015
Sydney | to | New Jersey

I feel like the rep was just re-quoting the website. Im not sure how it all works, and I could be completely wrong, but I don't think they would know how much of each they have for a specific 9/16 delivery. logistically, anything can change. And no one has proved at 9/16 date showing for the black 7 plus yet, even ppl with confirmation emails from 3am and earlier show 9/23

matudavis

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
Verizon is probably getting so many calls right now and their online traffic is being flooded with people just checking every few mins to see if the s
The waiver was for activation fee, not upgrade fee.
They waived my upgrade and then charged my brother $20 for new activation lol. I'm going to help him get his activation waived when verizon lines clear up. I'd call in and see what verizon will do. Also, I had a rep tell me that Verizon service reps have more freedom that online and can give better deals. Maybe this is what he was referring to... I got disconnected with him though and the person I spoke to when I called back in waived (2) $20 upgrade fees for me. Also as a side note, I believe the $20 waive fee was supposed to end on the 5th, but as someone else noted it was on their website so they are supposed to give it to you.

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
Nope its posted in small print on the top of the Verizon site there is a scrolling bar saying they will wave the upgrade fee. Even the CS agent who helped me order told me they will wave the upgrade fee.
Can you link to which page this is on or screenshot it for us?

Reactions: UKFan643
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.