Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
Just called VZW to inquire about my unexpected $20 upgrade fee. The rep said their systems were down and thus they could not view any account information. She said to call back in 4-5 hrs. Interesting.

Reactions: Sammypurple

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Just called VZW to inquire about my unexpected $20 upgrade fee. The rep said their systems were down and thus they could not view any account information. She said to call back in 4-5 hrs. Interesting.
Be polite. Be courteous. Be surprised and disappointed by such a fee. Ask if anything can be done since you're a loyal customer who always pays his bill and is essentially agreeing to remain with the company for another 2 years.

As I said earlier, if they say the fee can't be waived, ask if they could give you a one time customer courtesy credit to negate the charge. Those are much easier for CSR's to swing.

Last edited:

Crwmlw

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2011
Chicago,Il
I just went to check status on Verizon wireless.com, has me type in username and password as always, I enter them both correctly, now it's asking me to request a pin which it never did before, gives me the choice of requesting it via text or email and when I click on either one an error message comes up telling me to try again later. Verizon has no idea what I'm talking about. Anyone else having the same issue?

My1stApple

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
I can't log in to my account. Every time I tried it said I would receive a security pin via text. At first I never got it. Then got 1 and it said it was incorrect. Last time I tried it gave me an error: "Sign in request pin error. We are sorry, but you cannot complete your login at this time. Please try again later." I've tried a few times now and same result. Is anyone else getting this?

My1stApple

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
I just went to check status on Verizon wireless.com, has me type in username and password as always, I enter them both correctly, now it's asking me to request a pin which it never did before, gives me the choice of requesting it via text or email and when I click on either one an error message comes up telling me to try again later. Verizon has no idea what I'm talking about. Anyone else having the same issue?
Same here. Just posted the same

mt_skier

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2016
Just ordered a 7+ 256 GB in rose gold. Estimated delivery according to the store employee is Oct 5. And taking advantage of that $650 credit and trading in my silver 6.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
I was surprised as well, especially since I paid full retail. However, I found out that as of April of this year, Verizon now charges the $20 no matter what type of upgrade.
BUT I thought the fee was supposed to be waived online. I was aware of the $20 fee but I also was aware of an ongoing online promotion right before the pre orders that said they would waive the fee if you ordered online.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
BUT I thought the fee was supposed to be waived online. I was aware of the $20 fee but I also was aware of an ongoing online promotion right before the pre orders that said they would waive the fee if you ordered online.
Perhaps that promo expires when the $650 trade in promo came through?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Thanks, talked to level 2 support and they said system is down across the board. At least we know it's just not us :)
Interesting that they said "down across the board," since it's not down for me and several others have also mentioned it not being down for them.

zachy85

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I googled Verizon wireless order status and got to a page where I entered my preorder number and it works just fine. No change.

ibcj

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2010
The whole +2GB per line per activation. Should I be worry much at all that i don't see it on my plan right now? I figured I would wait until I get the new phone, activate and see if anything comes up. If not then I'll call in. Or am I suppose to see that as an option as soon as I ordered the phone?

You will see it added when you receive the phone and activate it.
[doublepost=1473535248][/doublepost]
When does the 2GB bonus expire? 12 months, 24 months, etc.?

m

It is for life, as long as you have a large plan (8gb) or higher. I only made the switch because my previous bonus data expired this month.

zaquinho17

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2015
Sydney | to | New Jersey
IM online, everything is fine for me...

Does anyone have 9/16 shipping?, I believe I was very quick, (approx 3:11) and im showing a 9/23... seems as though everyone is showing it, or am i wrong?

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014

Does anyone have 9/16 shipping?, I believe I was very quick, (approx 3:11) and im showing a 9/23... seems as though everyone is showing it, or am i wrong?
Yeah it does seem like almost everyone is showing 9/23. I think this is their placeholder date and most of us will see our devices delivered on launch day hopefully!

Reactions: lienhart

benboy12

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2014

My e-mail confirmation came through at 3:15 EDT, which means I probably placed the order pretty close to when you did. I received the 09/23 date as well. I think it's interesting because I saw a lot of people, including myself, were being routed to the enter your email for updates page up until 3:05ish. I wonder if a ton of people ordered early with the app glitch. It seems like the majority of individuals on here who ordered a 7 Plus through Verizon got a 09/23 date or later.

Sammypurple

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
Massachusetts, United States

I have the 16th and based on my confirmation email, I ordered a few minutes before 3:21 (eastern). I'm guessing I just chose an unpopular model.

bksHCS3.png

Reactions: lienhart

hak187

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2009
I have the 16th and based on my confirmation email, I ordered a few minutes before 3:21 (eastern). I'm guessing I just chose an unpopular model.

bksHCS3.png

When I click on the "check your order status" link in my confirmation email it gives me a date of 9/28. However if I log into My Verizon and check the status in there it gives me a "deliver by date" of 9/16

7 Plus 128 GB Rose Gold (I picked that model specifically because it was the only one that had a 9/16 date when I was going through the order process -- it will be in a case anyways)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.