Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
Just wondering,ordered 5 iPhones @3:30 am yesterday morning and have 6 contracts showing,whats up with that

This happened to me Friday. The website kept giving me a validation error with my address and when it finally went thru I had 10 edge agreements and my order was flagged had to speak to the fraud dept and then credit finally to get it released

madscientist10

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2014
NYC
So here is something strange: I ordered a 128GB 7 Jet Black at around 3:30AM ET (10/5 ship date) and received an order number, but not a preorder confirmation number. And later that day, I also ordered a 32GB 7+ Rose Gold (9/28 ship date) and did receive a preorder confirmation number.

Did anyone else receive just an order number?

FYI: When I check the status via the website, it only shows an order number as well.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
Guys, over the past three years I have ordered phones from Verizon and they have each time been delivered BEFORE the date they say to expect them. Sometimes a week or more earlier. So take those dates with a grain of salt.
Great to hear!

Reactions: DarkCole

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
Thought I'd throw in what happened with me since I've had sleep. Around 1:30 CST the Verizon app was letting me order but I thought there was a catch lol. Like maybe Verizon would cancel the early bird orders. So I ended up waiting till 2 am. I regret it.

At 2:01 the iPhone 7 or plus wasn't showing as available. I tried refreshing a couple more times then the whole site went down. The app wouldn't work either. At 2:10 I figured I'd try one more time (I was really sleepy and cranky at this point haha) and it worked. Ordered the 128 matte black +. Shows a date of 9/23 - like everybody else. I received my confirmation at 2:14.

I wish I would have just used the app. I'd have an earlier date and wouldn't have been sleep deprived yesterday. But I do feel thankful I don't have to wait till Oct/Nov. So that's a plus.

I wonder why the iPhone 7 took so long to show up on the site?

ibcj

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2010
That was my understanding as well. I just did the device upgrade. I paid my bill the day before and I did not have to make another payment. I wonder if the $20 upgrade waive was for new customers only? Although it did not specify that specifically either..

I spoke to rep about this and they said they can remove the fee once you receive your monthly statement showing the charge. I thought that the activation fee and upgrade fee were different also,, but that is what she said. We'll see in a few weeks when I call them again and see if they actually remove it....I'm not hopeful. :)

[doublepost=1473520296][/doublepost]
I just noticed that $20 upgrade fee. Why would they charge me it if I'm buying the phone at full price??

Because it is the ridiculous games that the carriers (except T-Mobile) are playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sammypurple

briand05

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2005
I spoke to rep about this and they said they can remove the fee once you receive your monthly statement showing the charge. I thought that the activation fee and upgrade fee were different also,, but that is what she said. We'll see in a few weeks when I call them again and see if they actually remove it....I'm not hopeful. :)

[doublepost=1473520296][/doublepost]

Because it is the ridiculous games that the carriers (except T-Mobile) are playing.

An "unlimited" plan that charges a per day fee if you ever want to watch any HD video at all is sort of ridiculous too IMO. T-Mobile was nice a year or two ago but I don't like the direction they're headed now at all. At least Verizon doesn't charge extra for HD video or cap tethering at 512kbps. I have home internet and don't need "unlimited" mobile data, just a decent amount that I can use how I wish without extra fees for HD video or tethering. Even with the $25 add on per line T-Mobile now makes you "reactivate" HD video every single day, that's even more ridiculous.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Just checked my order status. Email says delivery by September 23, order status page says ship by September 23.

Email says deliver by 9/23, one verizon status page says deliver by 9/23 and the other verizon status page says ship by 9/23.

For VZW's system, ship date and deliver dare are synonymous. They are one and the same.

Don't fret.

52668375.jpg

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
i thought the 20.00 waive was if you ordered online and not through a rep

That was my understanding as well. I just did the device upgrade. I paid my bill the day before and I did not have to make another payment. I wonder if the $20 upgrade waive was for new customers only? Although it did not specify that specifically either..

I chatted with a rep and got her to give me a $20 bill credit to negate the upgrade fee. Sometimes, much easier to do this than remove the fee.
[doublepost=1473521744][/doublepost]
Expecting my IPhone 7 plus to be delivered Monday!
Did you already initiate your trade in? Or order accessories? Those are often mistaken for early deliveries.

Apples doesn't deliver iPhones via USPS--only UPS or FedEx.

Reactions: Sammypurple

cameronjpu

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2007
Is it possible to order the Verizon iPhone 7 if you are not a customer? On the iPhone app it doesn't appear possible. Same with the web site.

cbruce76

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2008
I have a question for those taking advantage of the $650 credit - why not sell your existing phone on ebay (or elsewhere) and get cash? Doing some research I can probably get between 300-400 for my iPhone 6. The new iPhone 7 plus would cost about $419 for me thru Verizon with a new 2 year contact. If I do the credit option I'd be paying 9.17 a month over two years costing me about 220 out of pocket for the new phone vs. less than 100 out of pocket if I sold it on my own thru ebay (I'm thinking I can get about 400 for the phone, it's in excellent condition). Just trying to understand the logic because I'm on the fence as to which way to go on purchasing the iPhone 7 Plus 128gb.

I don't know about you, but because I'm out of contract with Verizon, they reduced my monthly charge by $15 per line for each phone no longer in contract. So, if I take the subsidized cost of $419 I think that $15 gets added back to my bill. So, that is actually more expensive than taking the $650 credit.

ibcj

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2010
An "unlimited" plan that charges a per day fee if you ever want to watch any HD video at all is sort of ridiculous too IMO. T-Mobile was nice a year or two ago but I don't like the direction they're headed now at all. At least Verizon doesn't charge extra for HD video or cap tethering at 512kbps. I have home internet and don't need "unlimited" mobile data, just a decent amount that I can use how I wish without extra fees for HD video or tethering. Even with the $25 add on per line T-Mobile now makes you "reactivate" HD video every single day, that's even more ridiculous.

Oh I agree, they all play their ridiculous games in one area or another. I thought about T-Mobile, but as I dug down into the details, I found it wasn't the right service for my family. For others, it may be perfect.

Nick521

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2010
I pre-ordered 4 iPhone 7's yesterday, and am on the More Everything plan. If I change my plan to The Verizon Plan now, will I still receive the 2GB data bonus? If so, can I change the plan anytime until the new phones arrive? Thanks!

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
So here is something strange: I ordered a 128GB 7 Jet Black at around 3:30AM ET (10/5 ship date) and received an order number, but not a preorder confirmation number. And later that day, I also ordered a 32GB 7+ Rose Gold (9/28 ship date) and did receive a preorder confirmation number.

Did anyone else receive just an order number?

FYI: When I check the status via the website, it only shows an order number as well.
Same here. I got a order number but no email and it's still processing.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I don't know about you, but because I'm out of contract with Verizon, they reduced my monthly charge by $15 per line for each phone no longer in contract. So, if I take the subsidized cost of $419 I think that $15 gets added back to my bill. So, that is actually more expensive than taking the $650 credit.
This is good for you. And good on you for performing your due diligence. Unfortunately, once that off contract discount is removed, it cannot be added again. In the past, this was possible, but earlier (in the spring I think), this changed. I think @C DM can confirm this?

chinanderm

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2014
Iowa
After all the negative stuff surrounding the iPhone Upgrade Program, I decided to cancel my order with Apple (scheduled to deliver Oct 4-10) and placed an order with Verizon, estimated delivery on Sep 23. Ordered the 128GB in Black from Apple but went with 256GB option with Verizon (because of delivery date).

Hoping for under promising on the 23rd!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Unfortunately, once that off contract discount is removed, it cannot be added again. In the past, this was possible, but earlier (in the spring I think), this changed. I think @C DM can confirm this?
That is my understanding of it as well for those on the recent "Everything" type of shared plans. Those who already have that discount get to keep it if they don't change things on that line, otherwise it seems that that particular discount isn't something that they can add anymore to lines that don't already have it (even if they would otherwise qualify for it). On the latest plans though any line that isn't under contract is $20/month (so the discount is there), otherwise it's $40/month if under contract.

Reactions: willmtaylor

Stefanreals

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
Portland, OR
Ordered a 128GB Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus around 12:30 finally. My order still says please check back later next to processing. Anybody else? I have a delivery date of 10/5/16 but no other updates as of this morning.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I pre-ordered 4 iPhone 7's yesterday, and am on the More Everything plan. If I change my plan to The Verizon Plan now, will I still receive the 2GB data bonus? If so, can I change the plan anytime until the new phones arrive? Thanks!
I don't know which data bucket you're choosing, but the bonus data promo only applies to the plans with 8GB or above.

IMG_0588.PNG
[doublepost=1473523547][/doublepost]
That is my understanding of it as well for those on the recent "Everything" type of shared plans. Those who already have that discount get to keep it if they don't change things on that line, otherwise it seems that that particular discount isn't something that they can add anymore to lines that don't already have it (even if they would otherwise qualify for it). On the latest plans though any line that isn't under contract is $20/month (so the discount is there), otherwise it's $40/month if under contract.
That's eaxactly how I understood it. Thanks for the confirmation. I hope that helps, @cbruce76

Reactions: C DM

Nick521

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2010
I don't know which data bucket you're choosing, but the bonus data promo only applies to the plans with 8GB or above.

View attachment 649969
[doublepost=1473523547][/doublepost]
That's eaxactly how I understood it. Thanks for the confirmation. I hope that helps, @cbruce76

Yes, I would be getting the XL (16GB) plan. Did I need to change the plan prior to pre-ordering the phones? What's the timeline for changing to The Verizon Plan in order to get the 2GB bonus data on each of the lines I upgraded? I keep getting different answers from customer service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.