Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
i thought the 20.00 waive was if you ordered online and not through a rep
That was my understanding as well. I just did the device upgrade. I paid my bill the day before and I did not have to make another payment. I wonder if the $20 upgrade waive was for new customers only? Although it did not specify that specifically either..

Reactions: mjschabow

Barrett85

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2015
I ordered online and I thought that the $20 upgrade fee was waived if you did so. I'm showing $80 in sales tax and the $20 upgrade fee. Thinking i'll try to see if I can get the fee waived after the phone ships. Has anyone else had luck with doing this?
I had the same thing happen to me. I was told that the upgrade fee was $40 and it was just $20 off. However the on the website it says different

briand05

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2005
I just preordered the 7 Plus 128 GB. I was just gonna keep my 6S but I saw that $650 trade in promo and I decided to pull the trigger (paid off the balance on my 6S and will trade it in for the $650 total credit). So basically I'll be paying around $9-$10 a month for the 7 Plus after the promo credit. Plus I get another 2 GB extra bonus data, I'll probably move down to the 12 GB plan now. After the promos it became a no brainer to upgrade for me.

sophie_

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
Was planning on waiting for 10th anniversary iPhone and keeping my 6 but saw this deal and decided to upgrade. I was unsure about ordering so rep said he'd wave the upgrade fee if I ordered today. Ended up choosing the Jet Black 7. 128 GB (which is wayyy more than I need but lowest option for some reason).
I'll only be paying a little over $4 a month for the device with my trade in. Est delivery date is October 19th :eek:

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Was planning on waiting for 10th anniversary iPhone and keeping my 6 but saw this deal and decided to upgrade. I was unsure about ordering so rep said he'd wave the upgrade fee if I ordered today. Ended up choosing the Jet Black 7. 128 GB (which is wayyy more than I need but lowest option for some reason).
I'll only be paying a little over $4 a month for the device with my trade in. Est delivery date is October 19th :eek:
$4 a month isn't too shabby at all! Hoping your delivery date is moved up some :)

Reactions: willmtaylor

Bwrin1

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Indianapolis
So we are new to Verizon coming from att. All of our devices were unlocked on att so we decided let's go ahead and port over to Verizon account now Thursday September 8th, and we will use our own equipment then come time to pre order iPhone 7 tomorrow morning the account will already exist so ordering the devices shouldn't take as long. we go into the store to port over my 5 lines and we're told we will be getting $20 in activation fees on each line. NUTS because if we set it up online it's free. I mention that store rep agrees and says they will waive the Activation fees because we brought the business to them in the store versus ordering online. Everything ports over perfectly and we are now Verizon customers. So here comes 3:01 est we, my brother and I, go to pre order the phones but we were hit with a $20 upgrade fee on top of the tax. Seriously man. Would've never had to worry about these charges if we just started the account online with the pre orders but we started early to make the process smoother. So hopefully Verizon will realize how much money we are bringing and somehow give us the upgrade fees back. Ordered 2 iPhone 7 plus 256gb black with a shipment of 09/23 ordered 1 iPhone 7 plus 128gb black shipment of 09/23 a iPhone 7 32gb black with a shipment of 09/16 and a iPad Pro 9.7 32gb space grey. Just my experience on how my order process went

RansZ28

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Gilbert AZ
I ordered online and I thought that the $20 upgrade fee was waived if you did so. I'm showing $80 in sales tax and the $20 upgrade fee. Thinking i'll try to see if I can get the fee waived after the phone ships. Has anyone else had luck with doing this?

Ordered 5 "7s", no tax and no fees.

nijoshi24

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
Hey guys, so I preordered the Jet Black 128 7s Plus last night while signing up for the iPhone upgrade program through them. Im just now realizing that Verizon also has an annual upgrade program PLUS they are offering 650 in trade in credits for our current devices(I have a 64 GB iPhone 6). This seems to be a way better deal as it will still allow me to upgrade every year so I'm thinking about cancelling the Apple order and doing it through Verizons upgrade program. Only downside is that it says Jet Black 128 7+ doesn't deliver until November 23 right now! Do you guys think it truly will take that long or is that just an overestimate. I definitely don't want to wait that long.

azfalcons

Suspended
Sep 29, 2014
Valley of the sun
no one really knows. I ordered at 12:00 on the dot and have a delivery of 9/23 and still processing while others are already seeing preparing for shipment

infamous11

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But activation fee and upgrade fee are two different things.

-Will I also be billed an activation fee in addition to the upgrade fee?

No, you will not be charged the activation fee in addition to the upgrade fee. The activation fee is a one-time charge billed when establishing a new line of service. The upgrade fee applies when you purchase a new device to replace an old device on an existing line.

I pulled that from http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/upgrade-fee-faqs/

So if you open a new line then you shouldn't be charged a activation fee with the deal for online only but you still get charged a upgrade fee

Sub.0

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Does anyone know how to make this situation work?

I currently have a Verizon Max 8 GB /w Hotspot Data plan and when I try to order through Apple.com my data plan is not listed to be selected. Although, through Verizon I can select my existing data plan.

I even asked at an Apple Store and the selections they were able to pull up through Verizon Portal were the same ones listed online.

I wanted to go through Apple because I have a few gift cards to use.

Does anyone know how to make it work through Apple?

Bwrin1

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Indianapolis
I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But activation fee and upgrade fee are two different things.

-Will I also be billed an activation fee in addition to the upgrade fee?

No, you will not be charged the activation fee in addition to the upgrade fee. The activation fee is a one-time charge billed when establishing a new line of service. The upgrade fee applies when you purchase a new device to replace an old device on an existing line.

I pulled that from http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/upgrade-fee-faqs/

So if you open a new line then you shouldn't be charged a activation fee with the deal for online only but you still get charged a upgrade fee

We were charged both. We were charged activation fees because we started the new service in the store, not online. We also started that new service with customer owned equipment. With each new line of service there was a $20
Activation fee. We were also charged a upgrade fee of
$20 when we upgraded the lines we just started in the store. I know the difference between the fees and my account was charged for both.

nijoshi24

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
So I went ahead and cancelled my preorder through the Apple upgrade program and did it through Verizon instead. Settling for the Matte Black instead of Jet Black but will also have monthly payments of 9.50 instead of 41 through the Apple program! Huge savings, not to mention I'll have the option to pay this phone off fully and maybe take advantage of another similar promotion in 12months when next years iteration comes out. Ship date says by October 10th I'm hoping thats moved up somehow but overall Im very happy.

aflo21

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
Sprint.com was a huge mess, never again. 12:30am decide to see what I would land at VZW.com. Ordered 7+ 128gb Jet Black with delivery date Oct 5. :/ Anyone seeing any bumbed up delivery dates?

Norm D

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
I didn't see an existing thread for the Verizon iPhone 7 pre-orders so this will be the official thread for posting order times, iPhone type, tracking, etc.

I ordered a 7 plus rose gold at 0130 PST and a 7 plus back at 1000 PST.

Both still stay processing.

Norm

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
I had the same thing happen to me. I was told that the upgrade fee was $40 and it was just $20 off. However the on the website it says different

I should take a screenshot of the website in case they change it so I have "proof"!

Where can I find the part in the website that says this? Also can you post the screenshot? Sorry I want to figure out how I can get the $20 upgrade fee waived as well :) I was surprised I was charged it.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Sprint.com was a huge mess, never again. 12:30am decide to see what I would land at VZW.com. Ordered 7+ 128gb Jet Black with delivery date Oct 5. :/ Anyone seeing any bumbed up delivery dates?

Look out for mid next week. Your date may not change but then you may suddenly get a shipping confirmation.

Reactions: Sammypurple

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
I noticed that too. I may try and call Customer Service tomorrow and see if they can credit my account the $20.00.

I ordered 2 online, $40 in upgrade fees, CS told me it would be a credit n my next bill then confirmed that with her boss. We shall see.

RansZ28

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Gilbert AZ
Does anyone know how to make this situation work?

I currently have a Verizon Max 8 GB /w Hotspot Data plan and when I try to order through Apple.com my data plan is not listed to be selected. Although, through Verizon I can select my existing data plan.
Another user had to change their plan to a current offered plan first then was able to order from Apple.

Imac Sam

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2011
Harrisonburg, Virginia
The Verizon site and Apple site were down for me until 3:15 EST. So I started my order. I ordered a Gold 7+ 256gb, a Rose Gold 7 128gb, and a Jet Black 7 128gb. All 3 phones are on the same order. The email confirmation came thru at 3:30 am and the deliver by date is October 5. Ugh I was thinking maybe a week or so behind, but basically a month.

What is the reason for the delay I wonder? Is it the Jet Black model?

zachy85

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Where can I find the part in the website that says this? Also can you post the screenshot? Sorry I want to figure out how I can get the $20 upgrade fee waived as well :) I was surprised I was charged it.
It looks like they changed the site, I can't seem to get the popup anymore that says that they will waive the upgrade fee online.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.