Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SolidBrixStudio

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
Richmond, VA
Ok, need your guys opinions here..

So I have a 6+ and if I trade it in with Verizon I'll get the $650 towards my 7+ 256GB. HOWEVER, I plan on getting the iPhone 8 or 10th Anniversary edition (whatever its going to be called next year), so I'll be trading in my 7+ for that (using Verizon's own iPhone upgrade program). Problem is by then it'll be just 12 months of payments. The $650 credits turns into just $325 (You only get the full $650 credit if you keep the 7+ for the full 24 month billing single).

So I have two options, keep my 6+ as a back up or give it to Verizon and get the $325 credit over the next year?

Thoughts?

bimmerkitten

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2015
Oregon
The delivery date for my 256G 7+ Black changed from 09/23 to 09/28, anyone in same boat?

My order confirmation says Deliver by 9/16.
This morning on the VZW website it said ship by 9/23, and this afternoon it now says ship by 9/28.

128GB Rose Gold 7+ confirmation was sent to me at 12:28am PST. o_O

imod4fun

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
Ok, need your guys opinions here..

(You only get the full $650 credit if you keep the 7+ for the full 24 month billing single).

So I have two options, keep my 6+ as a back up or give it to Verizon and get the $325 credit over the next year?

Thoughts?

Is that confirmed? Because that sure blows a hole in everything.
[doublepost=1473464653][/doublepost]Might as well post my experience so far.

Pre-ordered 7+ Black 128GB @ 2:35ish CT
Deliver by: 9/23 when order successful

I put in that I wanted to trade my device in and took a mere $110 for my trade since it has a broken screen. (iPhone 6 64GB)

Wake up this morning and see that people are getting the promo for up to $650, might as well pay $75 and fix the screen then turn it in..but now I'm currently on hold trying to see if that puts my pre-order in jeopardy by redoing it.

Reactions: DIGGDEEP

cwisecarver

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
I went through the order process about 40 times in the app store app and it kept disallowing me from buying one outright, full price. Eventually, I just ordered a t-mobile version. I was so aggravated that I could sleep so I tried one more time, it failed too. Then I went to Verizon's site and switched my plan to one of their new plans, and it allowed me to order the phone from the verizon site. Kind of ridiculous. It ships on the 29th. At least I'll have the opportunity to use it on t-mobile. I cancelled the t-mobile iPhone. It would be nice if verizon and apple would get together on having helpful error messages that actually tell you how to solve your problem instead of suggesting you call customer support at 3am.

masterbear

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Am I the only one who could order the iPhone 7 even before midnight Eastern Time via the My Verizon App?! Before going to bed around midnight ET, I was about to set my alarm for 3am to buy on Apple.com and figured I'd familiarize myself with the Verizon order page as well so I could order faster when the phone is released.

On the My Verizon App I saw both iPhone 7 and 7+ in the "Upgrade this device" section, so I switched to my laptop to complete the order and couldn't see the 7 on the Web. I went back to the My Verizon App and completed the order there (about 3 hours before the official pre-order start time), got a confirmation email with 9/16 delivery date immediately (7+ 256GB JetBlack). My order status still says 9/16 delivery.

I haven't seen any other posts or articles about VZW opening up pre-orders early, so I'm curious if anyone knows why I could pre-order early on the App? Anyone else who did the same?

Reactions: DIGGDEEP

usskywatch

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2016
I had to replace the battery on my 6 this last summer. If I had had Applecare on the phone it might have been free. But the cost was less than AppleCare would have cost :)

Quick question - it seems my battery on 6s is starting to go. Shuts down at random times. Like 19%. How much was the battery replacement?

Scott

Hotfeet

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2012
My order confirmation says Deliver by 9/16.
This morning on the VZW website it said it by 9/23, and this afternoon it now says ship by 9/28.

128GB Rose Gold 7+ confirmation was sent to me at 12:28am PST. o_O

At least you can see a ship date! I placed an order at 11 PST today and it indicated it would deliver by 9/23. Now when I look on the 'order status' page on Verizon's website, it still says 'order processing' and I don't see any reference to a date.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
At least you can see a ship date! I placed an order at 11 PST today and it indicated it would deliver by 9/23. Now when I look on the 'order status' page on Verizon's website, it still says 'order processing' and I don't see any reference to a date.
Mine says the same. Ordered about 3:40 or so EST (even though I woke up at 2:50 took me awhile to figure out all the confusion of this trade in deal and was deciding which one to get as ship dates were slipping). Just days processing though in the email it says ship by 23; this is confirmed by VZW reps.
Anyway, hoping it ships earlier, otherwise I'll just cancel and just go to the store on launch.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
Just called Verizon and they said that although they show a deliver by 9/23, it should still come on the 16th.
That's good to hear, mine says ship by 23 not deliver by, but perhaps these earlier dates will indeed deliver on launch day.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
This is what i've got right now...also have a 128gb Jet black Plus on order which says Deliver by: 10/5

The other order status for that both (link in the email) says Ship by: 9/23

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 8.21.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 8.21.16 PM.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 258

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
This is what i've got right now...also have a 128gb Jet black Plus on order which says Deliver by: 10/5

The other order status for that both (link in the email) says Ship by: 9/23
When did you order? I ordered the same one around 3:40 et or so

swedegirl

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2015
Am I the only one who could order the iPhone 7 even before midnight Eastern Time via the My Verizon App?! Before going to bed around midnight ET, I was about to set my alarm for 3am to buy on Apple.com and figured I'd familiarize myself with the Verizon order page as well so I could order faster when the phone is released.

On the My Verizon App I saw both iPhone 7 and 7+ in the "Upgrade this device" section, so I switched to my laptop to complete the order and couldn't see the 7 on the Web. I went back to the My Verizon App and completed the order there (about 3 hours before the official pre-order start time), got a confirmation email with 9/16 delivery date immediately (7+ 256GB JetBlack). My order status still says 9/16 delivery.

I haven't seen any other posts or articles about VZW opening up pre-orders early, so I'm curious if anyone knows why I could pre-order early on the App? Anyone else who did the same?

I did to, about 2:20 am eastern time, I was playing around with the app and it went through with confirmation email immediately.

imod4fun

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
Worst case scenario, I don't get a tracking/shipping notification 2 days before the phone. I cancel the pre-order and just go wait in line at Verizon on launch day.

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas

Me too. Same. I was surprised

segrobja

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
NYC

The app gave me the option before 3am ET once I got it to navigate to the iPhone 7. However Verizon's garbage app would not provide the option of returning my current device that has less than 50% of the balance owed. App would only give me the option to pay off the phone completely and upgrade, which I had no interest in doing as I don't need it. The website let me do this with no issue once it got up and running at 3:12am. And I got a 256GB Jet Black 7+ with a delivery of 9/28 which is really annoying because if Verizon had a functional website and app instead of some terribly designed website and app I wouldn't have had this issue. To top it off I'm traveling for work starting the 23rd of September and I'm not back until late October. So my phone will be sitting in a box in a FedEx warehouse or on my doorstep for a month. Thanks Verizon.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
Worst case scenario, I don't get a tracking/shipping notification 2 days before the phone. I cancel the pre-order and just go wait in line at Verizon on launch day.
Same thing I'll do. Do you think there's a good chance I can get a 128GB black or jet black one if I get there an hour or so before open?

ratigator

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
Michigan, USA
After much frustration, it took me until 3:39EST to get my order in and email confirmation. Email says deliver by 10/5. Order status currently says expected ship date 10/26 :/

iteklog

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
NNJ/NYC
Anybody that order through the vzw app at 3am est has any change on order? Mine is still processing ... Iphone 7 256gb ships by 9/16 wtf... I need to see delivers by 9/16 :S

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
After much frustration, it took me until 3:39EST to get my order in and email confirmation. Email says deliver by 10/5. Order status currently says expected ship date 10/26 :/
I had the same issue, took me awhile to work everything out and finally get one ordered.

zet-

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2011

I was in the Apple pre order thread when someone posted a screenshot of their confirmation through the Verizon app about 45min prior to the launch time. I tried myself and it was working too, but I didn't go through with it because some people in this thread were posting about it saying their deliveries were ETA around the 23rd or after. I was a bit skeptical so I didn't checkout, but it definitely let me if I wanted to. Ended up waiting for apple.com to go live and got what I wanted for 9/16.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.