Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdsmitty10

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Like someone else said the free "activation fee" is for NEW activations. NOT upgrades. Found this out through chat with a Verizon rep.. Sucks

evsterstech

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2014
USA
My order status on VZW remains the same with 256gb black delivering 9/16 and 256gb plus black delivering 9/23. VZW site kept giving errors when ordering but finally went through.

Both models currently state 'awaiting inventory' - we'll see what happens.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
*Sigh* $650 promo looks very tempting (would almost pay for the 6s), I may have to stop by a Verizon store next week and talk to them. I am a little hesitant given my rotten AT&T trade in experience, but I'd pay off the 7+ sooner than a year.

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
Quick question - it seems my battery on 6s is starting to go. Shuts down at random times. Like 19%. How much was the battery replacement?

Scott
$79 + tax at apple store.
But your 6s should still be within 1 year warranty.

njsp

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2011
I have a question for those taking advantage of the $650 credit - why not sell your existing phone on ebay (or elsewhere) and get cash? Doing some research I can probably get between 300-400 for my iPhone 6. The new iPhone 7 plus would cost about $419 for me thru Verizon with a new 2 year contact. If I do the credit option I'd be paying 9.17 a month over two years costing me about 220 out of pocket for the new phone vs. less than 100 out of pocket if I sold it on my own thru ebay (I'm thinking I can get about 400 for the phone, it's in excellent condition). Just trying to understand the logic because I'm on the fence as to which way to go on purchasing the iPhone 7 Plus 128gb.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
Did anyone get a matte black Plus 128GB on launch day shipping estimate? So many on here have said they have this model for the 23rd like I do, I'm thinking if that's the date everyone has, then that's just their placeholder and they'll all ship on launch

njsp

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2011
You can't do it with the 2 year contract
[doublepost=1473512530][/doublepost]

Can't do what with a 2 year contract?

I think a few who managed to get the 7+ to show up before midnight did. I got my order in at 12:15 though and have the 23rd date.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
What's hilarious is that if I click on the order tracking from my confirmation email, it says "ships 10/5". If I log onto my Verizon account it says "Delivers 9/28". LOL!

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Guys we all know the routine by now. Phones won't start shipping till Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Everyone's status will slowly start changing over the weekend to preparing to ship. In the meantime, relax, watch some football. Go see a movie, get out the house. Get laid! And chill!!! ;)

zachy85

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I have a question for those taking advantage of the $650 credit - why not sell your existing phone on ebay (or elsewhere) and get cash? Doing some research I can probably get between 300-400 for my iPhone 6. The new iPhone 7 plus would cost about $419 for me thru Verizon with a new 2 year contact. If I do the credit option I'd be paying 9.17 a month over two years costing me about 220 out of pocket for the new phone vs. less than 100 out of pocket if I sold it on my own thru ebay (I'm thinking I can get about 400 for the phone, it's in excellent condition). Just trying to understand the logic because I'm on the fence as to which way to go on purchasing the iPhone 7 Plus 128gb.
For me, it makes sense because I had a 5c collecting dust. All of the trade in values or sale values I saw for it were less than $100 and Verizon is effectively giving me $400 for it.

Reactions: willmtaylor

Skunkape123

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2011
The Verizon site and Apple site were down for me until 3:15 EST. So I started my order. I ordered a Gold 7+ 256gb, a Rose Gold 7 128gb, and a Jet Black 7 128gb. All 3 phones are on the same order. The email confirmation came thru at 3:30 am and the deliver by date is October 5. Ugh I was thinking maybe a week or so behind, but basically a month.

What is the reason for the delay I wonder? Is it the Jet Black model?

I don't think it's just the Jet Black. Site finally went live for me around 3:08, got my order in at about 3:10 and got email confirmation around 3:15am with a delivery date of 10/5..... And I got the silver 7+

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
I don't think it's just the Jet Black. Site finally went live for me around 3:08, got my order in at about 3:10 and got email confirmation around 3:15am with a delivery date of 10/5..... And I got the silver 7+
Part of the issue with supply is that the Verizon app allowed people to order super early. So by the time pre orders actually went live online, several people had already gotten their pre orders in. Annoys me cause I could have ordered before I went to bed probably lol. But whatever, I'm sure in the end I'll still get mine on launch.

Neil Harris

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012

Main reason I make use of these upgrade offers is strictly the ease and convenience of getting some value out of something g that'/ going to sit, collect dust and depreciate in value.

That being said, as I understand it you can either take advantage of a phone subsidy making your device purchase $419 and paying $40 for your line for 24 months OR you can take advantage of the payment option with nothing upfront and paying for the device in full, spreading the cost out over 24 months. I don't believe you can take advantage of both options.

Wife and I decided to take advantage of the trade in. I'm getting a 32gb 7 and she's getting a 7+ 128gb for less than $10 a month.

azfalcons

Suspended
Sep 29, 2014
Valley of the sun
Guys we all know the routine by now. Phones won't start shipping till Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Everyone's status will slowly start changing over the weekend to preparing to ship. In the meantime, relax, watch some football. Go see a movie, get out the house. Get laid! And chill!!! ;)

unless my delivery date stays the same att 09/23 :(

Extoll

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
Southport Nc
Update to my order. It went from no date on the verizon website to showing 9/23/2016 the same thing the email said. Still processing...I don't think we will see a lot of movement over the weekend. Every year this is so much fun :)

marc55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
*Sigh* $650 promo looks very tempting (would almost pay for the 6s), I may have to stop by a Verizon store next week and talk to them. I am a little hesitant given my rotten AT&T trade in experience, but I'd pay off the 7+ sooner than a year.

If you pay it off sooner than a year, you will not be getting $650, as the $650 trade in is given in $27 monthly credits.

m

Barrett85

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2015
Did anyone get a matte black Plus 128GB on launch day shipping estimate? So many on here have said they have this model for the 23rd like I do, I'm thinking if that's the date everyone has, then that's just their placeholder and they'll all ship on launch
My shipping is also 9/23. Still says processing...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.