Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scott5626

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2013
It doesn't usually change much. If it came by FedEx before, it'll probably be FedEx again. Current theory is that it's based on proximity to major hubs.

Yes and no. Some will accept that, but some won't. It is Indirect Signature Required, but some couriers still don't want to take the risk. Really depends on the driver and the apparent safety of the package (depending on neighborhood, how visible it is, etc.).

Once you've given them your signature they are absolved of risk. If the package requires a "Direct" signature then they aren't supposed to accept a note someone has to physically sign for the package.

pachuco4life

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
Does your confirmation email show the two separate delivery dates? I also ordered two phones on one order which during the order process one showed 9/16 and the other showed 9/23, but both my confirmation email and checking the order status online (still processing) only show a single date of 9/23.
It's just showing the later date

KawaiiKitsune13

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
Any idea as to why my order, placed at 3:30am EDT for a Jet Black 128 7+ would be showing an estimated ship/delivery of 11/16? I swear I'm spazzing out on my end

Edit: Forgot to mention that the order was placed 9/9

Last edited:

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
I've spoke to 3 different VZ reps in 3 days, each of them told me that the 9/23 date is a "safe" date and that I should still expect my phone to ship next week and arrive on 9/16. That is regards to my Black 7 Plus order....
Good news!!!

evsterstech

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2014
USA
My order status on VZW remains the same with 256gb black delivering 9/16 and 256gb plus black delivering 9/23. VZW site kept giving errors when ordering but finally went through.

Both models currently state 'awaiting inventory' - we'll see what happens.
Rec'd VZW/fedex shipping email for the iPhone 7 256gb with future delivery date of 9/16.
7plus still shows awaiting inventory

soccerjoshj07

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
For the order I just placed last night, I am seeing my trade in option in orders- the two I did on Friday I do not see them? Nor did I get emails for those two on Friday either :/

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
One thing to make note of with Verizon's trade-in offer is that it's only valid if you choose monthly installments. I find it lame that they won't allow you to pay off the phone up front if you want to take advantage of the trade-in program.

Can anyone think of a good business reason for them to do this? Arguably, they'd make more money off of me if I paid up front wouldn't they?

I traded in an iPhone 5s and it properly reflected that I would receive $400 as my trade-in value on checkout. I previously had problems because I didn't have my new order set to monthly installments. Last time through when I chose the full payment option it was only offering me the $98 normal trade-in value for a 5s.

My estimated ship date is also 9/23. I got a 128Gb Silver iPhone7.

My1stApple

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
So rose gold is likely the only Plus model to give a date of 9/16. Yet it is still processing unlike the 7 models which have begun to ship for many. Interesting.
I put 1 order for 2 phones: a 7+ rose gold 128 which was showing a 9/16 date at the time of the order and a 7+ jet black 128 which was showing a 10/5 date. After I completed the order both were showing 10/5 and that is the date I see when I check my order in My Verizon. Also, I never got the confirmation email, but a representative told me that my confirmation email says 9/26. So, I have no idea how this workso_O

rscottv

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014

They are using it to lock people in to two year contracts... "Once you agree to make the trade in, you’ll have to stick with that carrier for two years in order to actually get an iPhone 7 for free. If you cancel service, you’ll either have to give up the phone or pay off its full price, minus however much you’ve been credited on your monthly wireless bills. " http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/9/12...verizon-sprint-tmobile-are-two-year-contracts

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
Has anyone been able to track by reference and find their shipment early using the location_order format or anything similar?

KawaiiKitsune13

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
I put 1 order for 2 phones: a 7+ rose gold 128 which was showing a 9/16 date at the time of the order and a 7+ jet black 128 which was showing a 10/5 date. After I completed the order both were showing 10/5 and that is the date I see when I check my order in My Verizon. Also, I never got the confirmation email, but a representative told me that my confirmation email says 9/26. So, I have no idea how this workso_O

I'm still at a loss myself for my order. As mentioned in my posts, I ordered 9/9 @ 3;30am ET for a 128gb JB 7+. Got my confirmation email and my order status says "processing" but... My estimated ship/delivery date is 11/16. I dont want to cancel just in case it is some sort of glitchy oversight in the system but it would suck if that's where my order actually stands, especially when I've seen peole place orders for the same model (or th 256) later than I did with ship times stating 9/23, 9/28/, 10/5 or even 10/20

letsgox

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Has anyone been able to track by reference and find their shipment early using the location_order format or anything similar?

no i tried...i've seem people on the apple thread say it worked for them using their phone numbers though

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
Just a heads up but I haven't received a shipping email from Verizon but make sure you guys click the "check your order status" link in the confirmation email you received from Verizon. Mine shows that it was shipped and already picked up by FedEx for 9/16 delivery. Looks like VZW is slow in their shipping confirmation emails.

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
How could I go about this?

On FedEx's site it's possible to track by reference and you enter the location and order numbers found in your confirmation email separted by an underscore (location_order), along with your country / zip code and a date you believe it has shipped (leave account number blank)

However, I can never figure out if it's the order or preorder number and I'm not sure if this will actually work if you haven't been charged for the phone yet.

letsgox

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Just a heads up but I haven't received a shipping email from Verizon but make sure you guys click the "check your order status" link in the confirmation email you received from Verizon. Mine shows that it was shipped and already picked up by FedEx for 9/16 delivery. Looks like VZW is slow in their shipping confirmation emails.

what phone did you order? and was your card charged already?

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
They are using it to lock people in to two year contracts... "Once you agree to make the trade in, you’ll have to stick with that carrier for two years in order to actually get an iPhone 7 for free. If you cancel service, you’ll either have to give up the phone or pay off its full price, minus however much you’ve been credited on your monthly wireless bills. " http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/9/12...verizon-sprint-tmobile-are-two-year-contracts

Thanks for the link. It makes more sense now.
  1. They want to lock you in for 2 years and or about 27 months in Verizon's case.
  2. If they let you pay off the phone in advance, you would be forefeiting less if you changed carriers early.
Thankfully, Verizon is the best carrier for me so sticking around for two years isn't an issue.

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
what phone did you order? and was your card charged already?

Matte Black 7, 128GB. There's a pending charge on my card but it has not officially posted yet. Tracking shows that FedEx already picked it up, so I expect the charge to go through next business day (tomorrow)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.