Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iono11200

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Pre-order this year was awful for me. Glad to hear many others had no problems. Also got hit with $60 in upgrade fees. Verizon states to wait till the next bill and see of account has been credited. Got 2 iphone 7 32 gb. One black and one silver. Both shipped via Fed-Ex on 9/11. Scheduled delivery 9/16 to Pennsylvania. Interestingly one is in Memphis Tn. and one is in Coatesville Pa.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Every year people worry about finding their tracking number but in reality your phone could be in Louisville, Chicago, Memphis or who knows where else. The first place it will show usually is the distribution center where the label is getting put on your phone. If ordered from a carrier it goes numerous places during the cycle and some of them won't show up on tracking. Relax.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
For anyone asking about waiving the upgrade fees.....

This is from a VZW rep on twitter when I asked if the fee can be waived.

"We always want our customers to get a great deal when upgrading their lines. We did have an offer to waive the upgrade fee online when upgrade. This special offer ended as of 9/9/2016. Any orders placed by that date would get an automatic credit for that cost on their bill within 2-3 bill cycles after the upgrade has been activated.

We are not able to manually credit the account, since our system would automatically issue the credit for lines that qualified for this offer. You have nothing to worry about at all if your upgrade was done during that offer's time period.
^SMG"

cbaca51

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
Cali
While I was pre ordering mine on 9/9 at precisely 3:05AM, I was also in a live chat with someone from customer service.

She instructed me to log out of my account, select my device ( 128GB Jet Black 7 plus ) and then log back in towards the end.

It seemed to work, I'm getting mine on 9/23. According to her, Verizon will not be shipping any jet black 7 plus's on 9/16, they simply just don't have any * She says *. I asked her if I would have done it any quicker would I have gotten mine on 9/16 and that was her response. She also said that most stores will not be getting any in stock either since supply is extremely limited.

With my experience though ( I always purchase every iPhone that comes out, through pre orders every year ) Verizon likes to give them selves some comfort room. It'll say 10/7 for example, but you'll end up getting it on 10/2.

So for us that shows 9/23 ( first wave of shipments according to them ) we might get ours a little sooner.

Hope this helps !

Bigglesworth out.

This actually kinda makes sense

I ordered a 256GB iPhone 7 in jet black and I have a 9/23 ship date and I haven't seen anyone with an early date 9/23 so maybe us jet black people have to wait a week :(

xxjrsmith3xx

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2014
Yep I ordered the same phone and it said deliver by the 16th. I clicked on the link "check your order status" late Friday night and it said ship by the 28th. I talked to a rep and she said she sees my account is stamped for the 16th but she also sees the ship by the 28th. She put me on hold to ask her manager what was going on. She came back on and said what happened was there was so many orders coming in that the system was having a hard time updating the "deliver by" dates. She said so even though it was showing deliver by the 16th in reality it should of said the 28th.

Well that sucks then.

TyroneJack

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
same phone same delivery date... hopefully they ship earlier
[doublepost=1473712745][/doublepost]
I ordered the same one same delivery date, order is still pending
Sounds like the 23rd might be our day from reading this forum. Hopefully ship this weekend

goinskiing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Meridian, ID
Does anyone know if I was to luck up and find a plus model in a store on launch day can I cancel my preorder and get the one I find? I'm on an old loaner Android and it's not working out to good so I'm in Kind of a hurry lol.

Ordered a gold 128 plus with a ship date of 9/28 but who knows with the way the plus models are doing when I will ever see it.

I did this last year, just had to make a call to verizon to cancel while in the Apple Store, so long as it hasn't already shipped.
[doublepost=1473717181][/doublepost]
Sounds like the 23rd might be our day from reading this forum. Hopefully ship this weekend
Just plan on this, if it does come this weekend it will be a pleasant surprise. My wife's 7 comes before my 7 Plus and I ordered hers an hour later, hahahaha.

sh4ners

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2006
Chicago
This actually kinda makes sense

I ordered a 256GB iPhone 7 in jet black and I have a 9/23 ship date and I haven't seen anyone with an early date 9/23 so maybe us jet black people have to wait a week :(

nope... i ordered a 7+ 256GB black and i have the 9/23

smileitskati

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
Okay so i order rose gold 128Gb plus at 3:15est everything said 9/16.. a few days later now its only saying 9/28 :( i asked Verizon chat they said they see 9/16 i dont know who to believe. Anyone else have this.

Yes, this is the exact thing that happened to me!

eww7633

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2008
My wife's iPhone 7 is coming from Memphis, TN via FedEx. But I get this lovely message at the top of the tracking page:

"Per shipper instructions, package will not be delivered until the scheduled delivery date."

:(

Looks like I'll be working from home on Friday to receive it. too bad mine is not supposed to be here till the 23rd (via Verizon's website).

Would you be able to check on FedEx Delivery Manager if the package is able to be held at a FedEx store or facility? Is a signature required?

uttrekr

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Athens, TX
Two years ago when I ordered my 6 Plus 128GB from Verizon a bunch of us called and were able to initiate a "jump the line" request and we were able to successfully get our phones on launch day. Has anyone tried that again this year with success?
I tried it after a cancel/reorder snafu and have inconclusive results. I had to escalate to a supervisor who initially denied it existed but finally gave as I stayed polite but firm. She said she submitted the ticket but said it would go to some evaluation that may reject it. I suspect too many got through in years past.

Imac Sam

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2011
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Anyone order the Gold Plus 256GB? I haven't seen many here. Deliver by 10/5/16 for me :(

I ordered 3 phones at 3:17 am, all the same Deliver date at 10/5/2016

It's either the 7+ that is the delay or the 7 Jet Black.

phone.jpg

roncito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2015
Poconos PA
I just spoke thru chat about my 7+ jet black 128gb. Just so you guys know my confirmation email came in at 3:35AM EST with an expected ship date of 10/26. The rep assured me that I will still get my phone in September not October and that he put in a request on the account to rush the order, not sure about the last part lol

jsan21

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
Yakima, WA
Not the 256 but 128 Yes, I ordered mine on 9th sept around 6 pm EST and it shows 10/05/2016 everywhere :/

Waiting sucks. It is just a couple weeks.
[doublepost=1473723836][/doublepost]
I ordered 3 phones at 3:17 am, all the same Deliver date at 10/5/2016

It's either the 7+ that is the delay or the 7 Jet Black.

View attachment 650740

Must be the Plus Models...

My mom ordered the 7 Jet Black 256gb 9/10 and hers says deliver by 9/28.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.