Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iteklog

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
NNJ/NYC
My iphone is still sitting at the fedex hub in Memphis, TN... Its supposed to be overnight to NJ but i guess i wont see any movement until this Thursday or so..

Reactions: Sammypurple

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
Hey just thought of something. My delivery date is 9/23. Is it possible it will come sometime after 9/16 but before or on 9/23 or are these pretty set dates? Just curious. Last year I ordered in time and got it the first day. :)

letsgox

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
spoke to a VZW rep, he was super nice about the upgrade fee. informed me that the promo was actually for new customers only that would be waived an activation fee but still went ahead and credited my account the $20. he also told me that ship date is the wrong terminology and that it actually should me the real delivery date. i then asked if there was any chance of my 9/23 7+ to be delivered on launch day and he said that right when he got into work at 3am all the pluses had dates of 9/23 and the first batch of only regular 7s would be arriving on 9/16 but it all depends on what apple sends to them i guess? idk anymore lol

zachy85

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2007
Raleigh, NC
spoke to a VZW rep, he was super nice about the upgrade fee. informed me that the promo was actually for new customers only that would be waived an activation fee but still went ahead and credited my account the $20. he also told me that ship date is the wrong terminology and that it actually should me the real delivery date. i then asked if there was any chance of my 9/23 7+ to be delivered on launch day and he said that right when he got into work at 3am all the pluses had dates of 9/23 and the first batch of only regular 7s would be arriving on 9/16 but it all depends on what apple sends to them i guess? idk anymore lol
I actually think this has some truth to it. From years past, I think the Carriers are mostly in the dark on stock until/when Apple provides it to them. Its certainly possible that at the time of launch on the 9th, Apple told VZ they had this many 7s, with this number of variations and colors, and didn't provide the same sort of stock update for 7 +. This would make sense since virtually all the 7 + orders I have seen here are for the 23rd. This doesn't mean that Apple hasn't/won't send VZ an update today, tomorrow, Wednesday or even Thursday with updated inventory.

FmaxTurboSi

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
socal
Hey just thought of something. My delivery date is 9/23. Is it possible it will come sometime after 9/16 but before or on 9/23 or are these pretty set dates? Just curious. Last year I ordered in time and got it the first day. :)

I think the 9/23 is conservative......probably due to not knowing how many will be available and how many orders will be cancelled yada yada yada.

I'm expecting you'd be receiving it before the estimated delivery date. My online date shows 10/5, but the customer service rep said it showed a delivery date around the 27th on their end. Fingers crossed!!!!

RustyNeedlePM

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
Same exact boat - wife isn't happy I woke the entire house up to order and she doesn't get it on Friday. Insult to injury, mine was an Apple upgrade and was able to reserve mine in story for a Friday pickup...

Mine says the same wtf! I gave up a jet black 256 on 9/23 for rose gold just cause it said 9/16... now it says 9/28 yet when I login to my account it says 9/16
32c99bbd984c6e850abb11b0556c5405.jpg

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
Does anyone know if I was to luck up and find a plus model in a store on launch day can I cancel my preorder and get the one I find? I'm on an old loaner Android and it's not working out to good so I'm in Kind of a hurry lol.

Ordered a gold 128 plus with a ship date of 9/28 but who knows with the way the plus models are doing when I will ever see it.

jsayer7

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
I ordered almost as soon as the site went live, but thanks to a fat finger (clicked Jet Black at first instead of just Black), my confirmation email came at 3:19 AM EST. I got the Black 7 Plus 32 GB, and I don't see many people ordering that same model. Delivery date in Verizon says 9/28 though, which kind of sucks. Anyone else preorder this same model?

xxjrsmith3xx

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2014
Okay so i order rose gold 128Gb plus at 3:15est everything said 9/16.. a few days later now its only saying 9/28 :( i asked Verizon chat they said they see 9/16 i dont know who to believe. Anyone else have this.

Ankii1996

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
I talked to a verizon rep and she told me that the expected dates are the dates on which your phone will arrive nothing before or after that unless something bad happens it can be delayed but it will not arrive before that day
Ordered -- iPhone 7 plus 128 GB Gold on 9/9/16 around 6 pm EST
Delivery Date -- 10/05/16

zaquinho17

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2015
Sydney | to | New Jersey
Or unless she has no clue what's actually happening with these orders.

I know where I'd put my money.

Oh wait, that *is* where I put my money...

Second this.. CSRs have a script, wrote pre pre-order. Before they even know shipment quantities. Everyone is conflicting one another in regards to CSR calls.
Just relax. You don't need to prove anything to Greg from IT, it will come soon son

Alid32

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
Springfield OH
Okay so i order rose gold 128Gb plus at 3:15est everything said 9/16.. a few days later now its only saying 9/28 :( i asked Verizon chat they said they see 9/16 i dont know who to believe. Anyone else have this.

Yep I ordered the same phone and it said deliver by the 16th. I clicked on the link "check your order status" late Friday night and it said ship by the 28th. I talked to a rep and she said she sees my account is stamped for the 16th but she also sees the ship by the 28th. She put me on hold to ask her manager what was going on. She came back on and said what happened was there was so many orders coming in that the system was having a hard time updating the "deliver by" dates. She said so even though it was showing deliver by the 16th in reality it should of said the 28th.

TyroneJack

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
I ordered almost as soon as the site went live, but thanks to a fat finger (clicked Jet Black at first instead of just Black), my confirmation email came at 3:19 AM EST. I got the Black 7 Plus 32 GB, and I don't see many people ordering that same model. Delivery date in Verizon says 9/28 though, which kind of sucks. Anyone else preorder this same model?
I ordered the same one same delivery date, order is still pending

tnypxl

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2014
Yep I ordered the same phone and it said deliver by the 16th. I clicked on the link "check your order status" late Friday night and it said ship by the 28th. I talked to a rep and she said she sees my account is stamped for the 16th but she also sees the ship by the 28th. She put me on hold to ask her manager what was going on. She came back on and said what happened was there was so many orders coming in that the system was having a hard time updating the "deliver by" dates. She said so even though it was showing deliver by the 16th in reality it should of said the 28th.

So that could mean my 10/5 date is more like 10/26 or later?! EXPLETIVES!!!

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2008
OT, but the $650 trade is only appliers to ther 24 months period with the device paid in full ?

I'm getting a $250 trade in on our 6+ ?
We decided to sell 6+ elsewhere

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.