Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Harvest59

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
My order for the iphone7 plus 128gb,black originally said delivery on or before 9/23, it just changed to expected ship date 9/23. I ordered at 6:30 am ET on the 9th. This is not good.

Theunknown1087

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010
Would you be able to check on FedEx Delivery Manager if the package is able to be held at a FedEx store or facility? Is a signature required?

I've tried this multiple times today. It cannot be done. I called them and got told three times it's Verizon's request that it be delivered or attempted to once. Then I can hold it.

skergirl2319

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
Nebraska
Not the 256 but 128 Yes, I ordered mine on 9th sept around 6 pm EST and it shows 10/05/2016 everywhere :/

i also ordered 7+ gold 128gb. ordered in store 9:25 am on 9/9. was told i'd get delivery on 9/16 by sales rep in store. online status now showing 9/28 tho. lil bit of a buzzkill...

CanesDrew

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Memphis, TN
I've escalated mine to Verizon Executive Relations.

The guy that took my order around 2:15am CT butchered it and had to cancel. He was supposed to call me back at 6am after a supervisor cancelled it with the assurance that I wouldn't lose my place in line for ship date.

Never called. Woman that took my order at 6:15am when I called said that she put in a "Jump the Line" form due to this being their error.

Today, Verizon Executive Relations called me back and said that he's looking into it and will keep me updated. Expects to have this resolved if not tonight by tomorrow afternoon. He's in Arizona and leaves at 8:30 CT.

I'll update this when I get an answer.

128GB Jet Black 7 Plus.

kovey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011
Every year people worry about finding their tracking number but in reality your phone could be in Louisville, Chicago, Memphis or who knows where else. The first place it will show usually is the distribution center where the label is getting put on your phone. If ordered from a carrier it goes numerous places during the cycle and some of them won't show up on tracking. Relax.

This is true. People just have nothing better to do than track the location of a phone in the mail for a week.

Reactions: Crazyj414

davidgolfer

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2015
Well, I got my boxes to send back my old phones to Verizon. Maybe they will ship the new phones out quickly also

Claryella

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2014
I always feel sorry for the CSR reps this time of year...

As a former CSR (not with Verizon), it is much appreciated. :) It's very difficult to be yelled at for something you have absolutely no control over, day after day.

On a happier note, I ordered my 7+ 128 GB Matte Black today! Expected delivery of 10/12, but we'll see.

Ankii1996

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
As a former CSR (not with Verizon), it is much appreciated. :) It's very difficult to be yelled at for something you have absolutely no control over, day after day.

On a happier note, I ordered my 7+ 128 GB Matte Black today! Expected delivery of 10/12, but we'll see.
I preordered the gold one :/ now I feel matte black is the one I want :(

Bwrin1

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Indianapolis
Does anyone know why apple didn't let Verizon customer purchase through them unless with a contract. I would've rather of ordered my phone through apple.com with an installment agreement but it wasn't a option

JediPy

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Does anyone know why apple didn't let Verizon customer purchase through them unless with a contract. I would've rather of ordered my phone through apple.com with an installment agreement but it wasn't a option

I don't know for sure, but I suspect it's to push customers towards Apple's programs. That being said, I've heard that you can use the Verizon Device Payment program if you go into an Apple store. My closest Apple store is over an hour away. So if I was going to do it in store, I'd just go to Verizon, Best Buy or Target.

Ankii1996

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Should I go with matte black or stay with the one I have already pre-ordered which is 7 plus Gold ..?

roncito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2015
Poconos PA
I don't know for sure, but I suspect it's to push customers towards Apple's programs. That being said, I've heard that you can use the Verizon Device Payment program if you go into an Apple store. My closest Apple store is over an hour away. So if I was going to do it in store, I'd just go to Verizon, Best Buy or Target.
If it's to push customers to Apple's program then why can att customers get att payment plans on Apple.com?

lienhart

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
If my order is still processing now, is there any chance it will come 9/16?
I'd say so. We really can't know for sure though, since Verizon isn't giving a clear answer. I'd say give it until tomorrow or Wednesday to change status and if it doesn't, it will likely come the following week. I hate that I won't get mine launch day either but I guess another week isn't too bad :(

Reactions: Cwolk

Mr.Bigglesworth

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Actually lads, I forgot to mention this to y'all.

Back when the 5s came out, I actually was able to get one through Best Buy, late in the after noon on launch day.

I called the little Best Buy mobile stores that are inside any ordinary shopping mall, asked if they had one in stock, they had 8 left. They put one on hold for me.

I literally walked by 150+( each carrier ) people standing in line at Apple, Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile etc

Walked in, payed the man, signed the papers and was out within 20 min with my new phone bully backed up.

Sometimes it's best to steer left when everyone is pointing right.

The sales man couldn't believe that he had them Instock with so many people waiting in line at other stores lol.

Maybe one of you folk can have similar luck !
[doublepost=1473733104][/doublepost]I would definitely advise that if any of you want the phone badly enough, to call as many stores as you possibly can on launch day.

Wal-marts, targets, best buys etc.

Cmon guys, we are all a bunch of nerds. We can definitely figure this out lol. There must be a way.

JediPy

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
If it's to push customers to Apple's program then why can att customers get att payment plans on Apple.com?

Fair point. Maybe something to do with agreements? Regardless, I would have liked to order through Apple, but I couldn't unless I renewed my contract or used Apple's installment program.

roncito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2015
Poconos PA
Fair point. Maybe something to do with agreements? Regardless, I would have liked to order through Apple, but I couldn't unless I renewed my contract or used Apple's installment program.
Yeah I feel the same. I always pre order thru Apple. First year thru vzw and I feel so unsure about my order lol

JediPy

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Yeah I feel the same. I always pre order thru Apple. First year thru vzw and I feel so unsure about my order lol

I actually always end up ordering through Verizon and the've always delivered (when I got my orders right at 3AM ET). But I slept through the alarm (d'oh!) and ordered a little late - 3:20AM ET for one (Plus 128GB Rose Gold) and 3:40AM ET(Plus 128GB Matte Black) - the first one showed 9/16, but the second one (mine) was showing 9/23. I tried to order through Best Buy but it couldn't verify my upgrade. So went back to Verizon. The Rose Gold one is now showing 9/28, but I'll be happy if I get the phones before the end of the month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.