Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Mine shows shipped and I've been given a FedEx shipping number, but the carrier info was blank. When I checked the tracking, it shows it left the FedEx facility in West Chester PA, and is now in Coatesville PA enroute to NJ.

My wife's iPhone 7 is coming from Memphis, TN via FedEx. But I get this lovely message at the top of the tracking page:

"Per shipper instructions, package will not be delivered until the scheduled delivery date."

:(

Looks like I'll be working from home on Friday to receive it. too bad mine is not supposed to be here till the 23rd (via Verizon's website).

MD2

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
Illinois
Ordered a iPhone 7 plus matte Black 128 GB from Verizon at 12:44 AM PST the night pre-orders opened up. Estimated shipping date is 9/23. Still no shipping info but I was hoping it would come a bit sooner.

john91

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2011
Fountain Valley, CA
I haven't posted on here yet, but I've been following along since preorder day. Just wanted to share my status. I was on verizon's site at 12:01 am, tried loading the page and couldnt get through. Saw someone say to put your browser in incognito mode and then proceed with ordering, that worked for me. I was able to preorder a Jet black 7+ 128gb at around 12:20 am PDT. Got email confirmation at 12:30 with a ship date of 10/5/16. I check the order status page via the email link and it shows 10/12/16. At this point, based on everyone else's status, I'm pretty sure I wont receive my phone on launch. Kinda sucks, cause I've been able to get every phone at launch through Verizon since the iPhone 4.

UKFan643

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Just want to vent a little that I'm not happy about the upgrade fee. Not at all. But I'm getting a new phone. Yay
Might want to try venting to Verizon. I called, spoke with the first agent who then put me through to customer care. They said they would refund it. I didn't make a big deal out of it, just mentioned that I thought the website said it would be waived for an online upgrade and was disappointed I had to pay before I could order the phone. They offered to refund it.

Reactions: Crazyj414

letsgox

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
I wanted to ask others since this is my first preorder...based on everything thats going on this year and what you guys dealt with the past few years regarding shipment/delivery dates and actually receiving your phones on launch day despite the dates saying otherwise....how confident do you feel we'll get our phones on launch this year?

Reactions: JerTheGeek

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I wanted to ask others since this is my first preorder...based on everything thats going on this year and what you guys dealt with the past few years regarding shipment/delivery dates and actually receiving your phones on launch day despite the dates saying otherwise....how confident do you feel we'll get our phones on launch this year?
When did you order and what date does your correspondence give?

jasonhr13

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2015
Got my tracking info for my iPhone 7. Never had an issue getting it delivered on launch day with either preordering through apple or Verizon

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
Ordered an iPhone 7 at 10AM. Already shipped from Memphis. Hold for Delivery until Friday.

Ordered an iPhone 7+ at 3:17AM, AWAITING INVENTORY.

ARGH!:mad:

Mrlal8

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2012
Its all speculation at this point. I believe even the earliest orders for the 7+ say a ship date of 9/23. I spoke to a verizon rep and they said its very possible that some people will get their phone on launch day even if the ship date says 9/23. At this point nobody knows for sure.... not even the reps themselves. Best bet is to just check on thursday to see if you received any shipping notification.

Deeznuts.

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2015
Queens, NY
My cases came but still my iPhone didn't ship yet :(.

Attachments

• RNeWUlC.jpg
    RNeWUlC.jpg
    944.7 KB · Views: 208
Reactions: joshuakhania

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
My order for the 128 Matte Black 7+ was completed 5 min after the site went live.... at first it showed a 9/16 date upon check out and then in the confirmation email 9-23... no charge and no movement. The closest Verizon cooperate store to me is 45 minutes away and the "Authorized retailer" stores around me never have the newest models until three months after the fact it seems and we don't even have a Apple Store within 500 miles.... so basically, I'm stuck to pre ordering every year... I can honestly say, I have never gotten a release on launch day... ever... it has typically been the following Friday and I have never had my date move to launch day. I have had my date move three weeks up however with the 6plus that was showing the end of October when I placed my order and that phone came a week after launch two years ago. This is the third year in a row I have done this song and dance.... ironically it seems to get more discombobulated every year.

Skunkape123

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2011
I'm in the same boat. 9/23.

Also in same boat with 9/23 delivery with nothing charged to my CC yet, and no tracking. But I also ended up putting this order in yesterday morning.... so my guess is that the 9/23 date will stay true for me since I placed the order few days late. But maybe i'll be pleasantly surprised and get it this week?? I can only hope :)

Deeznuts.

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2015
Queens, NY
Also in same boat with 9/23 delivery with nothing charged to my CC yet, and no tracking. But I also ended up putting this order in yesterday morning.... so my guess is that the 9/23 date will stay true for me since I placed the order few days late. But maybe i'll be pleasantly surprised and get it this week?? I can only hope :)
Tell me about it. It sucks that Verizon's systems are backed up with orders. I'm just waiting on my CC to get charged then I'll feel relieved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.