Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ratigator

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
Michigan, USA
I had the exact same problems you did with Apple and verizon. They both said order soon for awhile then verizon kept kicking me back to the login page even though I was logged in. Finally got through to Verizon around 3:15. My jet black plus 128gb delivery date is 10/5.

Mine said 10/5, but changed to 10/26 on the confirmation page, despite being loaded only seconds apart from each other. FML

Reactions: jwalltheapple

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
I called them on Friday afternoon to change the address that it's being shipped to. The agent that answered said they couldn't do it, then passed me on to customer care. The nice lady there also said they couldn't do it.
They can't change the ship to address.

aixia

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2005
I got my shipping confirmation today. My black 128 GB should arrive Friday via FedEx. Interestingly, the shipping info listed it as already in the US, as opposed to China like the direct from Apple ones. I'm guessing that Verizon just didn't confirm any tracking info until after it hit US shores, so those with a 9/16 date should be hearing from Verizon soon.

Alid32

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
Springfield OH
FYI for those wondering about the conflicting ship dates. My confirmation email says 9/16, the direct link from this email that says I can check the status says 9/28. When I log in to my account on Verizon, it says 9/16. A rep just looked it up in a chat and said to go by the 9/28 date AND that its the SHIP DATE not the delivery date. Lame! I am hoping this rep just doesn't have a clue.

I ordered a 7+ 128gb rose gold at 8:31am CST

That's exactly what they told me. I ordered the exact phone and my confirmation says the 16th, verizon account says 16th but when I check my order status it says the 28th.

Reactions: petitechouffe

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
She understood, talked to her supervisor, and said they would change the shipping address for me. Now I just need to know if it actually happened or not.
Sign up both addresses for FedEx Delivery Manager but they don't have the ability to change the shipping address after the order is placed online.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
FYI for those wondering about the conflicting ship dates. My confirmation email says 9/16, the direct link from this email that says I can check the status says 9/28. When I log in to my account on Verizon, it says 9/16. A rep just looked it up in a chat and said to go by the 9/28 date AND that its the SHIP DATE not the delivery date. Lame! I am hoping this rep just doesn't have a clue.

Ship date and delivery date are typically synonymous. That rep sounds...less than informed....

Reactions: Sammypurple

UKFan643

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Sign up both addresses for FedEx Delivery Manager but they don't have the ability to change the shipping address after the order is placed online.
I know that's normally the case, but she was pretty confident they got it changed. I'm already signed up for FedEx Delivery Manager and the shipment has appeared in my profile without me adding anything. If it were being shipped to the original address, that wouldn't happen as that's not an address on my profile. The address I asked them to change it to is. I'll have to wait and see when I get the shipment email to be sure.

Not to mention, it's incredibly ridiculous that you can't change the shipping address. I'm lucky because in my case, I live decently close to the billing address. But my sister and her husband, both on our account as well, live in Colorado. So if they wanted to pre-order the phone, they would have to have it shipped to Illinois? That's just crazy. I understand wanting to protect against fraud, but there are about 100 better ways to do that.

EezyE

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
Just got notification the 2 black iPhone 7 32 gb phones have shipped via FedEx and will be here Friday. Now, all I need is for my black 7 plus to ship.

Reactions: co.ag.2005

petitechouffe

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
Seriously. The reps know so little, its almost laughable. Year after year, and even amongst different carriers the best info is almost always crowdsourced here vs speaking to the reps.

Yeah, definitely taking this with a grain of salt. My ship date kept changing for my 6+. It ended up arriving the date it said in my confirmation email. I am going to assume the same for my 7+.

Mr.Bigglesworth

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016

I just did this, shows my order under processing.

I called and it's still showing a 9/23 date.

I'll gladly take that. Some people are reporting November shipments.

zachy85

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, definitely taking this with a grain of salt. My ship date kept changing for my 6+. It ended up arriving the date it said in my confirmation email. I am going to assume the same for my 7+.
You'd think that the carriers would figure out by now that they should prep their reps with some consistent statement, instead of the alphabet soup of different things different reps say all the time.

UKFan643

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
No, they would just have to call to order it. The telesales reps can ship to a different address than the billing address.
Didn't even know that. Then it makes even less sense why we can't change the address online. It's just as easy to defraud a human as it is the computer. You have to use the same billing pin both online and over the phone. It's just an antiquated rule.

raq0915

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
Preordered two iPhone 7's 5 minutes after they were available for preorder. That night, the email said that the iPhone 7 jet black had a ship by date of the 28 or the 26 while my 7+ jet black had a date of 10/5. The next day however, they both combined into one shipment that says 10/5. Ive heard conflicting things. Several people on here said that they ship when each phone becomes available, while others have said that they will hold the phones until all are available so that way they can ship them all at once. Can someone with some actual info please clear this up?

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Thanks for the info. I have been checking it. So far no tracking number and still getting the "your order is currently being processed".

yeah, I think there is a delay on the black 7+ models. Either didn't have enough stock or they weren't quite ready from Apple like the 7 models were.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Just received my official Verizon email, letting me know the order number and tracking info. Delivery still on point for Friday 9/16.

And for the people thinking it will deliver 9/15, the tracking info has big red letters saying "Per shipper instructions, package will not be delivered until scheduled delivery date.

castorbroome3

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2015
Just received my official Verizon email, letting me know the order number and tracking info. Delivery still on point for Friday 9/16.

And for the people thinking it will deliver 9/15, the tracking info has big red letters saying "Per shipper instructions, package will not be delivered until scheduled delivery date.

LUCKY!! Which one did you order?

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
I had a similar experience, but not because of password problems. It took until 3:11am EST for either site to change from the "coming soon" messages (I assume everyone had that same experience). Then it took me until 3:39 to finally get an order through. First, the Apple Store app seemed to be working, but it kept getting hung up on the "Check Account" screen. I kept getting a service unavailable message and I gave up with the app after numerous tries. Meanwhile I was on Verizon's site which was kicking me back to the login screen during the order process even though I was already logged in. Now I'm stuck with an estimated 10/26 ship date for the 128gb jet black Plus. It's going to be a long 1.5 months with an empty Apple leather case...
[doublepost=1473697116][/doublepost]Still mad.

29635246375_f932aecce9_b.jpg

at that screen, mine kept saying my zip or social security # were wrong when in fact they weren't. After trying that page multiple times on my iMac, it eventually locked me out of doing it via Apple.com. So I then proceeded to pre-order through Verizon's website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.