Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bwrin1

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Indianapolis
I vote we create a separate thread specifically for 7 plus orders. I keep on seeing my order has shipped and it's always a 7. I'm really surprised I haven't seen any movement on any 7 plus configuration. I really really hope it comes Friday. I dont know how much longer I can handle this iPhone 5c pink that I've been borrowing!

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
I vote we create a separate thread specifically for 7 plus orders. I keep on seeing my order has shipped and it's always a 7. I'm really surprised I haven't seen any movement on any 7 plus configuration. I really really hope it comes Friday. I dont know how much longer I can handle this iPhone 5c pink that I've been borrowing!
Great idea! Start a black 7 plus preorder thread!

alhurricane

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
I ordered an iPhone 7 128GB rose gold for my wife and a matte black 7+ 128GB for myself. Will Verizon ship them separately when they become available or do they ship them together? I currently have only one deliver by date of 9/23 showing on my order status but was initially shown a launch date delivery for the rose gold iPhone 7.

This is my first time ever preordering. Curious to see how this all plays out. :)

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
I remember last year that I did not get charged until my phone actually went into the shipping process. Last year, it was a 2 week wait so most of us did not receive charges to our accounts until that next Friday, then shortly after that, we received shipping notifications. Hope that helps.

It does thanks!!!

Reactions: ksujoel

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
Shouldn't charge your card until it ships. I had ordered one on Friday at 3am with delivery of 10/5 and my card wasn't charged as of yesterday, but I then cancelled the order and pre-ordered again as I wanted to change the phone. Placed that order yesterday morning, and still no charge on my card.

Thanks so much! I think last year it didn't charge until right before shipping and how I knew I was truly getting a new phone. Lol. I wasn't going to upgrade but as it's no loss to me and I'll actually save money on my bill, why not! (Plus I love new tech :). )

Reactions: Olivia23

skip579

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
Suffice it to say, this has become a fun tradition of hand wringing, forum watching, and obsessive refreshing order statuses every year. I have pre-ordered every year since the 5S, and I love the anticipation...

For those of us suffering 7+ folks, I do recall in years past some phones literally moving the night before launch, so I won't give up hope until this Thursday...then, we shall see.

Agree 100%. I've been around these boards since at least the 4S and this has been the case each time. This is an intentional tactic which serves two purposes: 1) it encourages more demand by making people think they have to order as fast as humanly possible and 2) makes people happy when they get their phone sooner than expected.

You're going to get your phone sooner than they're quoting.

EezyE

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012

I don't think any of us with an iPhone 6, 6 plus, 6s or 6s plus have it worse than that. Don't know if I could handle a pink 5c.
[doublepost=1473688800][/doublepost]
Agree 100%. I've been around these boards since at least the 4S and this has been the case each time. This is an intentional tactic which serves two purposes: 1) it encourages more demand by making people think they have to order as fast as humanly possible and 2) makes people happy when they get their phone sooner than expected.

I do believe it's intentional on Apple's part. They know very well they don't have enough stock at launch. Just look at the issues with the supplies of watches on the launch in 2015, the initial gold phones, etc. I hope my phone comes Friday, but I'm not holding my breath.

zachy85

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2007
Raleigh, NC

I looked back at my email and calendar and I realized that I have gotten every iPhone on launch day since the 4s! I sort of can't believe it, but it seems to work out each year!

3g: waited in an interminable line at an Apple Store and got the phone on launch day
4s: I walked into a VZ store on launch day and walked out with an iPhone
5: pre-ordered from VZ and got delivered on launch day
5s: camped out overnight at an Apple Store and got one of the only gold models they had
6: pre-ordered from T-Mo and arrived on launch day
6s+: pre-ordered from T-Mo and arrived on launch day
7+: Hoping VZ doesn't ruin my perfect streak :)

Mr.Bigglesworth

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Sorry, I miss-typed, it's now showing a date of 9/23. Not 9/28.

But, I feel like I should get it in launch day. My order was in less than six minutes after launch.
I agree, but according to them, they simply just don't have enough.

And it's not on their end, it's apples.

Some stores aren't even getting them. So you and I my friend, are technically going to have it first wave. Others are looking at a 11/28 delivery

Reactions: Edge1978

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015

I agree. I am using that same pink phone. Normally I like pink haha but this phone is driving me nuts.

ColoradoTider

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2014
Colorado
I don't know about you guys but I am under the realization that
1.)I ordered my phone Friday..
2.) there is never as much action with shipping over the weekend
3.) it's Monday ( 3 days from order ) and launch day is not until Friday..

I am really hoping for a 9/16 delivery for my 7+ even though is says 9/23 but calling Verizon reps is not gonna do anything about your ship date I assure you.. Change your order sure help expedite your shipment no..

Let Monday/Tuesday play out then stress out:eek:

Stay positive guys, I have a good feeling about the 7+ phones shipping soon

eric3312

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
I ordered a 7 Plus, 128 GB, Black at about 3:15am EST. I received a 9/23 ship/delivery date and I'm still with the "Processing" status..no change.

I order a regular 7, 128 GB, Black right after that..around 3:18am EST. I receive a 9/16 ship/delivery date and I received notice that my order has shipped. It also says ship date: 9/15, FED Ex Overnight delivery.

Reactions: gemnilocs

chinanderm

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2014
Iowa
I just checked my order status and VZW's "Order Status" page on their website is now saying Sep 28 estimated shipped date. It was 23rd since Friday :(

But the "My Orders" page on their website still says the 23rd.

7 Plus, 256GB in Black. Ordered around 2:00pm Friday afternoon (long story).

Last edited:
Reactions: gemnilocs

travbz24

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2012
I did shortly after I posted the response here. I signed up for everything. Entered my credit card. Notta. Called back into FedEx, and through her broken English got told for the second time, I can't do it.
I'm all signed up and subscribed. Still no option to request change. Anyone have luck with this? UPS makes that much simpler.

AxelSparkster

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2014
Preordered 7+ Gold 128GB, father did it for me at the Verizon store since I was busy that day. The document he brought back with him said the ETA was September 16 although they said it would be 2 weeks (September 23). Can anyone clear this point of confusion for me?

thaghost

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Winter Garden, FL
Pre-ordered the jet black today in 128gb. Expected delivery date....11/23 lol. Ah well, I'm personally in no rush. Just sucks for my wife. She ordered hers at the same time (rose gold) and will have to wait until mine is ready :D

eww7633

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2008
Can someone who has shipping information check on something for me? I'm military, and due to a complicated situation, I won't be living in the house they are set to deliver to, but rather a different house a few miles away. I don't want to risk VZW messing up my order by having them attempt to change the address if that's even possible. Does FedEx or UPS (whoever is delivering) allow you to change the address or hold the package at a facility? I feel like that is my only option if I want my phones delivered.

castorbroome3

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2015
Can someone who has shipping information check on something for me? I'm military, and due to a complicated situation, I won't be living in the house they are set to deliver to, but rather a different house a few miles away. I don't want to risk VZW messing up my order by having them attempt to change the address if that's even possible. Does FedEx or UPS (whoever is delivering) allow you to change the address or hold the package at a facility? I feel like that is my only option if I want my phones delivered.

If its UPS I know you can sign up for UPS Choice and either pay a fee to change address or hold at UPS store. I personally would choose for them to hold it and go pick it up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.