Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Yea if we ordered within like 10 minutes of the drop I don't see how they couldn't get us our phones by launch date. Hoping I see some movement on my account soon
Heck. I used the Verizon app and was able to order at 2:40 am EST. 128 Plus in black. Still got 9/33 date! WTF

zachy85

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I ordered the Matte Black 128GB 7 Plus, and got 9/23. This coming friday, I am going to the Verizon store and see if they have 128gb or 256gb in stock, if they do, I am getting it and cancel my pre-order.
I'm thinking of doing this too. Though I am doubtful the carrier stores will have much stock of the plus models.

Reactions: JerTheGeek

Theunknown1087

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010
Probably the paid subscription.

I don't know. Ask FedEx.

I did shortly after I posted the response here. I signed up for everything. Entered my credit card. Notta. Called back into FedEx, and through her broken English got told for the second time, I can't do it.

jimmyb124

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Nebraska
Heck. I used the Verizon app and was able to order at 2:40 am EST. 128 Plus in black. Still got 9/33 date! WTF
I feel your pain man! I ordered a 7 plus 128 jet black at 2:17 central time and I got a 9/23 date then when I woke up it changed to 10/05 and 10/12!

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I did shortly after I posted the response here. I signed up for everything. Entered my credit card. Notta. Called back into FedEx, and through her broken English got told for the second time, I can't do it.
That's unfortunate. Could they clarify if it was a problem specific to this order or w more general system issue?

I would call back, and if no dice, ask for a refund.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Ordered a Black 7 128GB. Shipped today from West Chester, PA. Per shipper instructions. Package will not be delivered before 09/16. This is going to a Verizon store in Madison, WI
Mines being shipped to the Verizon Store as well. But i pre-ordered 2 iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB one in black and one in rose gold. Both are expected delivery of 9/23. Well the rose gold at the time stated 9/16 delivery but since it's in both are in a single order, most likely both will come up 9/23, since the Verizon store was taking pre orders Thursday, I place mine, but of course manager stayed up late night to place the order.

I went back to the same store on Friday to confirm if they placed the order and indeed it showed on their system that it did. Sadly since I'm a new customer, there is no way for me to track as I applied within the store.

JEboomin

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
128gb Jet Black Plus

I logged onto the verizonwireless.com website right at 2AM Central. I couldn't order and was being redirected to enter my email to be alerted when the phones were available for preorder. So I left that website and went to preorder.verizonwireless.com, and was able to place the order there. I had my confirmation email at 2:06AM Central.

The email confirmation and "Check Your Order Status" link in the email both said 10/05 as the delivery date. Later that morning the link changed to show 9/23.

So I had my order in less than six minutes after the launch. This is crazy!

Last edited:

Mr.Bigglesworth

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
At his point, I would not be surprised if this is the case. Just would be annoying for all of us who have to order through VZW because of the device payment plan which isn't available through Apple and now may have to wait an extra week.
Us VZW folks have it good though.

The poor bastards over at T-Mobile/ Sprint are all waiting mid October till mid November, and they where pre ordering right out of the gate at 3:00AM.

All in all, this was a very sloppy pre order release. Seem's to me like Apple wanted this to happen.

They want the hype, they want to see websites crash, they want to see the interment break over their product, they want to see people foaming in the mouth for this phone.

Seems like they got it lol.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
ooooh, the rolling of the eyes emoji. You got me man. I'm crushed.
There's no "got 'em" here; just stating that this thread is filled with page after page of people calling/chatting with VZW again and again and again over the same issues. Then there's surprise at issues with chat and calling? The only surprising thing is the surprise. :cool:

Reactions: Sammypurple

Mr.Bigglesworth

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
128gb Jet Black Plus

I logged onto the verizonwireless.com website right at 2AM Central. I couldn't order and was being redirected to enter my email to be alerted when the phones were available for preorder. So I left that website and went to preorder.verizonwireless.com, and was able to place the order there. I had my confirmation email at 2:06AM Central.

The email confirmation and "Check Your Order Status" link in the email both said 10/05 as the delivery date. Later that morning the link changed to show 9/28.

So I had my order in less than six minutes after the launch. This is crazy!

It will change. Verizon is known to leave some room for comfort on delivery. You might end up getting it on 9/23, 0r 9/26

joshuakhania

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
West Milwaukee, WI
Can someone corroborate if this is true? I would be pretty unhappy if it is. When I called to confirm some things with my order and asked about the fact that only one date showed in my email, she said the phones would ship separately as they became available.

I was told the same thing by a verizon rep. The phones are shipped as they become available and depending on where you land in the queue.

zachy85

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Suffice it to say, this has become a fun tradition of hand wringing, forum watching, and obsessive refreshing order statuses every year. I have pre-ordered every year since the 5S, and I love the anticipation...

For those of us suffering 7+ folks, I do recall in years past some phones literally moving the night before launch, so I won't give up hope until this Thursday...then, we shall see.

Reactions: skip579

guitarevan07

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2014
Well I ordered a 7 128gb in black and had a deliver date of 9/16 but my payment didn't go through.
Good news! I called today and updated my payment and they said it would still be delivered by the 16th!
Just figured I'd share

Theunknown1087

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010
That's unfortunate. Could they clarify if it was a problem specific to this order or w more general system issue?

I would call back, and if no dice, ask for a refund.

I'll try later today when I get some free time at work. It sounded like a request from Verizon but I'm not sure.

Mr.Bigglesworth

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
T-mobile is actually getting slammed.

Some stores where setting up " appointments " for their customers to come in at said time on 9/9 to pre-order their iPhone.

Lots of my friends where laughing because I camped at 3am in front of my computer when they had these so called appointments set up.

Long story short, T-Mobile promised many many people launch day deliveries on jet black 7 plus's....

Only to get an email later on telling them that they are looking at a 11/28 delivery (OUCH!)

All of my friends that laughed where all victims of this Heresy. Thank god Verizon knows better than to preform such treachery.

Reactions: MsRandall

JEboomin

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
It will change. Verizon is known to leave some room for comfort on delivery. You might end up getting it on 9/23, 0r 9/26

Sorry, I miss-typed, it's now showing a date of 9/23. Not 9/28.

But, I feel like I should get it in launch day. My order was in less than six minutes after launch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.