Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
According to her, Verizon will not be shipping any jet black 7 plus's on 9/16, they simply just don't have any * She says *. I asked her if I would have done it any quicker would I have gotten mine on 9/16 and that was her response. She also said that most stores will not be getting any in stock either since supply is extremely limited.
At his point, I would not be surprised if this is the case. Just would be annoying for all of us who have to order through VZW because of the device payment plan which isn't available through Apple and now may have to wait an extra week.

Reactions: Sherri J. Brown

utsava

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2004
Where did you get your confirmation number? Not seeing one in my order email from VZW.

I just put in the order number. It's listed on my email and when I go the "My Orders" on their website.

I just got a text from Verizon that my order has shipped. The tracking number says it's in PA with a hold delivery for 9/16. I ordered a 128GB black iPhone 7 and a 128GB rose gold iPhone 7.
[doublepost=1473684927][/doublepost]
If anyone gets movement on their orders from Verizon, can you confirm whether they use UPS of FedEx? Thank you.

Got my tracking number this morning. It's FedEx, coming from PA.

Passels

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2009
If anyone gets movement on their orders from Verizon, can you confirm whether they use UPS of FedEx? Thank you.
Mine is shipping through Fedex... It actually has a date of 9/15/16 which is odd. I ordered mine at 8:30 am EST on preorder day. Im surprised i am getting it that early.

Extoll

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
Southport Nc
Good Monday everyone. Still no change or charge to my order. 7+ black 256g order around 2:30am. Grats to everyone getting shipping dates. Don't start to freak out just yet guys if you haven't gotten a shipping info yet. Still a lot of days left to go before release day. Think a few years back i didn't get info till the day before and it shipped over night.

Skunkape123

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2011
Maybe this has been asked but when is the card billed when the order is placed for the new phone? Is it when shipped? Right before? I did this last year and cannot remember how. I can't preorder until Weds and the delivery date just keeps going up :(

I actually might order earlier if the fees won't come out until after 9/15 (payday). The current delivery date for the one I want is 9/23(not too bad)

Shouldn't charge your card until it ships. I had ordered one on Friday at 3am with delivery of 10/5 and my card wasn't charged as of yesterday, but I then cancelled the order and pre-ordered again as I wanted to change the phone. Placed that order yesterday morning, and still no charge on my card.

Reactions: Olivia23

justinTlME

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
I ordered as soon as the website allowed me too.
That's what my order looks like on the initial jet black 7+ that I cancelled so I could re-order and get the trade in promo.

I hope you didn't get accidentally canceled or something.

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Maybe this has been asked but when is the card billed when the order is placed for the new phone? Is it when shipped? Right before? I did this last year and cannot remember how. I can't preorder until Weds and the delivery date just keeps going up :(

I actually might order earlier if the fees won't come out until after 9/15 (payday). The current delivery date for the one I want is 9/23(not too bad)
I remember last year that I did not get charged until my phone actually went into the shipping process. Last year, it was a 2 week wait so most of us did not receive charges to our accounts until that next Friday, then shortly after that, we received shipping notifications. Hope that helps.

jimmyb124

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Nebraska
Yea if we ordered within like 10 minutes of the drop I don't see how they couldn't get us our phones by launch date. Hoping I see some movement on my account soon

Reactions: JerTheGeek

Dd0tc

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
once again...this is getting annoying. chatted with a vzw rep, and I wanted to confirm that my 9/23 date could in fact be pushed up to 9/16, and he told me the opposite (despite my email and order status showing 9/23) he says that the system is showing 10/12 and that I shouldn't expect the phone until then!!! How does THAT happen?

Mind you, I ordered at 3:19am EST as soon as the site became available.

Reactions: Edge1978

jimmyb124

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Nebraska
once again...this is getting annoying. chatted with a vzw rep, and I wanted to confirm that my 9/23 date could in fact be pushed up to 9/16, and he told me the opposite (despite my email and order status showing 9/23) he says that the system is showing 10/12 and that I shouldn't expect the phone until then!!! How does THAT happen?

Mind you, I ordered at 3:19am EST as soon as the site became available.
Mind boggles me too

Norsk

macrumors member
May 11, 2010
Interesting, looks like a mix of both carriers then. I am hoping for UPS, but we'll see. I ordered the 256GB 7 Plus, showing delivery of 9/23 currently.

I ordered the Matte Black 128GB 7 Plus, and got 9/23. This coming friday, I am going to the Verizon store and see if they have 128gb or 256gb in stock, if they do, I am getting it and cancel my pre-order.

Reactions: JerTheGeek

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
I ordered the Matte Black 128GB 7 Plus, and got 9/23. This coming friday, I am going to the Verizon store and see if they have 128gb or 256gb in stock, if they do, I am getting it and cancel my pre-order.
Same model and same date. Also gonna try the store if it doesn't come on launch day, hoping they'll have some!

Beast388

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2013
On the Mighty Mississippi!
I ordered a black 7 128GB at 7:30am (CDT) on 9/9/16. Got the shipping confirmation text at 2:16am this morning. FedEx tracking number shows a pickup in Memphis, TN with a delivery on 9/16/16 by 3pm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.