Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cbaca51

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
Cali
256GB jet black, iPhone 7

Called exactly at midnight (California time)

Was very surprised they answered in under a minute

Last year with the 6s, was on hold for about an hour and got it first day of release

But with this year, like I said, they answered in under a minute and got an email confirmation at 12:12am and off the phone by 12:16am.... But got a 9/23 date. Reading everyone's dates, it seems like a fill in date for the time being and that we'll get it on launch day. I'm hoping but hey we'll see I guess

Reactions: azfalcons

azfalcons

Suspended
Sep 29, 2014
Valley of the sun
256GB jet black, iPhone 7

Called exactly at midnight (California time)

Was very surprised they answered in under a minute

Last year with the 6s, was on hold for about an hour and got it first day of release

But with this year, like I said, they answered in under a minute and got an email confirmation at 12:12am and off the phone by 12:16am.... But got a 9/23 date. Reading everyone's dates, it seems like a fill in date for the time being and that we'll get it on launch day. I'm hoping but hey we'll see I guess

Same here. Was on in less than 30 second...plain black 256

cbaca51

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
Cali
How are they gonna charge ur card?

The card I have them only has half of the money in the account and I was gonna put the rest on Friday

The VZW rep said they charge the card when it's shipped. Should I put the rest before Friday?

I have a 9/23 ship date but hey, you never know if they ship early, which is why I'm wondering if I should have the money in the account on/before this Friday

letsgox

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016

The card I have them only has half of the money in the account and I was gonna put the rest on Friday

The VZW rep said they charge the card when it's shipped. Should I put the rest before Friday?

I have a 9/23 ship date but hey, you never know if they ship early, which is why I'm wondering if I should have the money in the account on/before this Friday

yes i would probably pay all of it. if you don't have enough they might cancel your order or put a hold on it until it gets paid.

azfalcons

Suspended
Sep 29, 2014
Valley of the sun

I do the monthly plan. I assume if your buying the phone outright and you don't have enough they cancel the sale

ogremoustro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I would definitely do the trade during the order even if it meant having to cancel the original. There is a chance that you will get a promo code to boost your trade once you get the 7 but if you don't get it, no one is going to give you a credit for hundreds of dollars.
Oh man please don't tell people to mess up their orders. The trade in can be done after ordering the phone and everything will be fine.

Theunknown1087

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010
Shipped. Looks like it came from west Chester PA. which is only about an hour away.

No option for me to hold it. That sucks.

7/128/black.

pachuco4life

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
Does your confirmation email show the two separate delivery dates? I also ordered two phones on one order which during the order process one showed 9/16 and the other showed 9/23, but both my confirmation email and checking the order status online (still processing) only show a single date of 9/23.
It only shows the later date. I am hoping that they would ship separately, as the confirmation email says they will ship as they become available, but it doesn't appear that will be the case.

Noctem

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
So my Jet black 128gb plus is still saying 10/12 when I check order status and I haven't gotten any shipping info =( that's bad right? haha

jenjen80

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2016
Columbus, OH
Want to know something bizarre. I just checked my orders in my online account and there was a order that said shipped! So I'm like sweet my 7 plus shipped. After reviewing the page it said it was for a iPhone 5c 32gb. And when I looked more it was a replacement device for a number not even listed on my account! How does that happen. So I texted the number letting them know that their replacement iPhone 5c was shipped and I provided them with the tracking number. There has to be a big mess up going on with Verizon.

LOL, yep, strange stuff...I noticed that in my email receipt it said my card ending in 0210 had been charged. Definitely did not use a card ending in those numbers, considering none of mine end in those. But I checked the card I did use and it's pending so no worries I guess...

lesliechelle

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
Louisiana
I ordered a 7 plus 128GB in rose gold.

My confirmation email says deliver by 9/16.
My order status says deliver by 9/16.
However, when I click "Check Your Order Status" in my email, I get an expected ship date of 9/28.

No activity on my credit card, yet.

:(

Reactions: gemnilocs

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Go to Verizonwireless.com right now and attempt to trade your phone. It won't give you the boosted trade. The way the promo woks is your iPhone trade in value will go from a set dollar amount ex. $225 to the monthly credit of $27.08. A trade in promo code SHOULD be texted or emailed within 48 hours of activating the iPhone 7 that needs to be typed in during the trade online or in a corporate store. My point is if this promo code is not received it is a nightmare for the customer. No customer service rep can generate a code and no store or CS rep is going to credit an account the hundreds of dollars difference between the promo and actual trade in amount of phone. So follow your heart but I'd weigh whether getting your phone as soon as possible or the promo is most important.

This goes against everything 4 separate CSR's I've spoken to have told me and that multiple other people have confirmed. There's an entire other thread discussing thr $650 trade in promo.

THERE ARE NO CODES.

Every CSR has said the same thing (for once): if an iPhone 7 is on the account and an eligible device is received for trade in, the system will detect as much and the promo will be applied. Period.

Reactions: justinTlME

justinTlME

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
There is no promo code. And Verizon has said many times over this can be done even if it's not at the time you order the phone. Don't cancel your preorder.

There is most certainly a promo code. When you go through the process when you are buying the new phones the promo auto applies and boosts your trade in to $650. I know because I did exactly this. I wasn't taking any reps word for it.... I was getting it placed correctly with proof on my end.

wlftems3

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Mishawaka, IN
I have an order in for the matte black 256 iPhone 7+. I have a delivery day of 9/23 but when I go to Verizon's website, i don't have a delivery day listed when I check the status of the order. Hopefully I get an email today saying my order is shipped. Not sure if I should call in and question it

edit: fixed spelling because I suck haha

paragonj

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
They won't ship separately. For future reference always do separate orders. It won't ship until both phones can be fulfilled. Meaning if it's the 23rd and the Rose Gold is then unavailable this will postpone shipping the matte black until both are available. This can be a long cycle of the order not being shipped.

Can someone corroborate if this is true? I would be pretty unhappy if it is. When I called to confirm some things with my order and asked about the fact that only one date showed in my email, she said the phones would ship separately as they became available.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Ordered at 4 am on 9/9. 256GB Matte Black 7 Plus. Just spoke with a Verizon rep online about my 9/23 ship date. They stated this was an estimate, but that I can call a number to get it moved up to 9/16. Super strange. I have never heard anything like this before. Going to call the number now and follow up.

wlftems3

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Mishawaka, IN
Ordered at 4 am on 9/9. 256GB Matte Black 7 Plus. Just spoke with a Verizon rep online about my 9/23 ship date. They stated this was an estimate, but that I can call a number to get it moved up to 9/16. Super strange. I have never heard anything like this before. Going to call the number now and follow up.

if you get it moved up let me know. This is my first time preordering a phone and I would LOVE to have it on the first day.

Reactions: JerTheGeek

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Hahaha. That wins best CSR story of the day. Sounds like someone was tired of talking to someone.

"Yeah, man. Just call this number and they'll magically move up your ship date just for you. Your current ship date is entirely arbitrary and dependent upon which customer service number you call."​
[doublepost=1473680186][/doublepost]
if you get it moved up let me know. This is my first time preordering a phone and I would LOVE to have it on the first day.
Sorry, but no way that's happening. None. Zero percent. Sorry.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Hahaha. That wins best CSR story of the day. Sounds like someone was tired of talking to someone.

"Yeah, man. Just call this number and they'll magically move up your ship date just for you. Your current ship date is entirely arbitrary and dependent upon which customer service number you call."​
[doublepost=1473680186][/doublepost]
Sorry, but no way that's happening. None. Zero percent. Sorry.

Yea I really don't expect it to work, but I am going to call at 8 am and see what they say. They also said I could change my delivery address with no issue even though another rep told me I couldn't. Just shows you that these reps likely don't know much at all.
[doublepost=1473680313][/doublepost]

Will do. If it works, I'll provide the number I got.

Reactions: willmtaylor

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Yea I really don't expect it to work, but I am going to call at 8 am and see what they say. They also said I could change my delivery address with no issue even though another rep told me I couldn't. Just shows you that these reps likely don't know much at all.
[doublepost=1473680313][/doublepost]

Will do. If it works, I'll provide the number I got.
Cheers to try and keeping a good attitude.

I want some of whatever that rep was on bc it had to have been some good stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.