Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amoore927

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Definitely seems strange, surely Apple planned to have a certain amount of everything for every carrier for launch right?o_O

As worked up as a bunch of us are though, I keep thinking it hasn't even been 72 hours yet sine Pre-Order.. Anyone who has been on these forums waiting on phones in the past know that the carriers seem to process their allotments of each color size etc.. perhaps the are doing the 7s first the the big boys are next.. I am certain Monday and Tuesday will see some movement.. Ok maybe hopeful is a better word as opposed to certain:p

That is what I'm thinking....they are shipping out the 7's first and then the plus early this week...finger crossed!

UKFan643

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
So for all who did the trade-in... I'm assuming most will have their current iPhone as a trade in. Will we be able to ship this out once our new iPhone has arrived? I definitely don't want to be without a phone for 2-4 days of course.

I think you have 30 days to send in your trade-in back. You definitely won't have to be without a phone.

Yankeesxd

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
Anyone else have a preorder confirmation email that doesn't say they got the 2gb bonus data even though they are on a qualifying plan?!

bimmerkitten

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2015
Oregon
Does anyone have a Plus with 9/16 delivery by date? Seems to me like all of them are 9/23

I've got one, but no shipment notification yet.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    45.6 KB · Views: 296

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
the chat? I just chatted them and the rep couldn't find a confirmation number o_O

Weird. Do you have any Edge installment agreement showing under "My Documents"?

I'm wondering if the number would be on there or even if not there should be something they could use on it to find the confirmation number.

jwalltheapple

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
I order 128gb Jet Black 13min after the go live for the order and I received an email

Order Date: 09/09/2016
Deliver By: 10/05/2016

however at the website it shows a different delivery date:
Status
We received your order and it is in process.
Expected ship date
10/26/2016

anyone with the same issue?

jwalltheapple

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
Right now mine says processing. I placed my order around 3:15 am and I ordered the jet black 128 gb iphone. My delivery date is 10/5 also. When I click on their website it says the same thing.
Same thing with mine same phone color and model order placed 12:17am pt
Says delievery by 10/5 but when I click the email link to track order shows 10/26 so I'm not sure which is right.

cekaai

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2013
I have 3 different dates. My email has 9/23, the order status online in my verizon account has 10/5, the check your order status link in the email has the worse date 11/2. I have no idea why each has 3 different dates with the same preorder confirmation #. I ordered a JB 128gb btw.

Last edited:

jsan21

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
Yakima, WA
Congrats to your Dad but thats some misinfo he was given. If that's true would not be fair to the rest of us who placed orders prior.

I agree. My original order was canceled for some reason so I ordered again on Saturday evening. Now my iPhone is set to ship 10/5. Originally was 9/28. Order 7 Plus 256gb. Hoping I get it sooner.

lz80521

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
This is the first ip7 plus I've seen with a 9/16 delivery date. And I've been on this forum since day one

After I placed two plus (one black 09/23 and the other rose gold 09/16) in a single order, the email just says 09/23. Not sure if these two would arrive separately.

AaronInKtown

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2016
Tennessee
That's not what my rep said when I called. I was told that it would apply because of the order date of the iphone.
I would definitely do the trade during the order even if it meant having to cancel the original. There is a chance that you will get a promo code to boost your trade once you get the 7 but if you don't get it, no one is going to give you a credit for hundreds of dollars.

Reactions: justinTlME

ajaxmonkey

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2011
You actually have 30 days to send it in AFTER you receive the new phone. It's in the fine print.

Thanks bud, I just read over it. This is actually a better deal than some of the other carriers who have you pay for the full device upfront to get this promotion.

Reactions: justinTlME

AaronInKtown

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2016
Tennessee
After I placed two plus (one black 09/23 and the other rose gold 09/16) in a single order, the email just says 09/23. Not sure if these two would arrive separately.
They won't ship separately. For future reference always do separate orders. It won't ship until both phones can be fulfilled. Meaning if it's the 23rd and the Rose Gold is then unavailable this will postpone shipping the matte black until both are available. This can be a long cycle of the order not being shipped.
[doublepost=1473657826][/doublepost]
Dang I have a delivery date of 10/5 and they haven't charged my card at all yet.
Your card is never charged until it ships, don't worry you are good.

Reactions: ajaxmonkey

ajaxmonkey

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2011
The information on my iPhone 7 matte black 128 has just updated to shipped. - Via Verizon website.

UKFan643

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
I would definitely do the trade during the order even if it meant having to cancel the original. There is a chance that you will get a promo code to boost your trade once you get the 7 but if you don't get it, no one is going to give you a credit for hundreds of dollars.
There is no promo code. And Verizon has said many times over this can be done even if it's not at the time you order the phone. Don't cancel your preorder.

Lashae

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
I wasn't able to pre-order the 7 Plus on the 9th, and if I order now the estimated arrival date is 10/12. I don't necessarily have a problem with waiting, but getting it earlier would be nice. What do you guys think my chances are of being able to pick up a Rose Gold 128GB 7 Plus from a Verizon retail store on release day? I can be there as early as need be, but do you guys think they'll even have them in stores?

AaronInKtown

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2016
Tennessee
There is no promo code. And Verizon has said many times over this can be done even if it's not at the time you order the phone. Don't cancel your preorder.
Go to Verizonwireless.com right now and attempt to trade your phone. It won't give you the boosted trade. The way the promo woks is your iPhone trade in value will go from a set dollar amount ex. $225 to the monthly credit of $27.08. A trade in promo code SHOULD be texted or emailed within 48 hours of activating the iPhone 7 that needs to be typed in during the trade online or in a corporate store. My point is if this promo code is not received it is a nightmare for the customer. No customer service rep can generate a code and no store or CS rep is going to credit an account the hundreds of dollars difference between the promo and actual trade in amount of phone. So follow your heart but I'd weigh whether getting your phone as soon as possible or the promo is most important.

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
If i have an existing balance to get to 50% to pay off my phone so i could trade it in and get the new one, when pre-ordering to upgrade, would verizon charge my card right away because i have that balance? or would they just charge it when the phone ships?
You won't be allowed to pre-order until you pay off 50% and when you trade in your old phone at only 50% paid off, you don't get the $650 bill credits. The $650 bill credit is only for those who outright own the device.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.