Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nies

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2010
I appreciate the optimism but I'm not too hopeful we'll get them this week. I don't believe Apple had a sufficient supply of them ready for the launch. I'd love to be wrong, but we shall see.

has this happened in the past? For some reason i just have a hard time believing they had that short of stock in + models

Reactions: JerTheGeek

Olivia23

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2008
around
When I check mine it just shows that the order is paid for and gives me an option to cancel the order or modify the payment on the link posted above

Got my Confirmation around 6:10 AM pst Friday. The other site though gives me a date of 10/05
Dang I have a delivery date of 10/5 and they haven't charged my card at all yet.

Alid32

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
Springfield OH
this is my first iPhone preorder experience. went into VZW store and did my preorder for 7+ 128 gold at like 9:25 am on friday 9/9. was told by VZW sales guy that delivery would be on launch day, 9/16. VZW order confirmation email says delivery by 9/28. checking status online says order in progress and expected ship date 9/28. am hoping the VZW sales guy knew his stuff and it comes on 9/16...but not holding my breath. o_O

I ordered my rose gold 7+ 128 around 9am on the 9th. Confirmation email says delivery for the 16th but when I check my order status it says the 28th. Rep at Verizon said the system was having a hard time keeping up with all the orders so the "delivery dates" the phones were showing was most likely incorrect.

But from what I've been hearing from people on here is that the "delivery date" is just a date your guaranteed to have the phone by and that they usually come sooner than that. Fingers crossed!

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Has anyone got in contact with Verizon about refunding the $20 fee?

I spoke with a rep and they said they can't refund it on the preorder but after it's done and is on a bill they can. But I already got billed for and paid it. Hmmmmm.

djn4eva

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2011
I chatted with a Verizon rep yesterday and asked about the upgrade fees. She told me I would not be charged the $20 even though it appeared when I ordered. I was also told you can still take advantage of the trade in deal after the 7 arrives.

skergirl2319

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
Nebraska
I ordered my rose gold 7+ 128 around 9am on the 9th. Confirmation email says delivery for the 16th but when I check my order status it says the 28th. Rep at Verizon said the system was having a hard time keeping up with all the orders so the "delivery dates" the phones were showing was most likely incorrect.

But from what I've been hearing from people on here is that the "delivery date" is just a date your guaranteed to have the phone by and that they usually come sooner than that. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the info! I guess I think as many times as apple has done this now, it would all run a bit more smoothly but it is what it is I guess. Fingers crossed indeed!

njoverby

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
Anyone order a matte black 7+ and have a shipping / delivery date of September 16th? I ordered at 12:15 Pacific time and my date is the 23rd. Just want to see if anyone who ordered this phone has it showing up on launch day.

I ordered the same phone around the same time and received a confirmation citing the 9/23 date. However I spoke with Verizon yesterday and the rep informed me that his system showed a delivery date of 9/16 for my order.

Alid32

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
Springfield OH
has this happened in the past? For some reason i just have a hard time believing they had that short of stock in + models

You would think they would have more supply of the plus models than the regular 7, considering it has the dual camera making it more sought after. I'm thinking because there was just so many orders of the plus models it's taking longer for the systems to update.

EezyE

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
You would think they would have more supply of the plus models than the regular 7, considering it has the dual camera making it more sought after. I'm thinking because there was just so many orders of the plus models it's taking longer for the systems to update.

You would think they would have the forethought but I'm not so sure this time. It wouldn't be the first time Apple has launched a product where supplies were limited. The white iPhone 4, the gold iPhone 6 Plus, the space black watch and the space gray watch come to mind.

Insleep

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2015
United States
Pretty sure my 128GB black 7 shipped / will ship tonight or early tomorrow. The preorder.verizonwireless.com page says that the expected ship date is today, and it no longer shows my order as "processing." My card also just got charged.

Hopefully this isn't a fluke!

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I chatted with a Verizon rep yesterday and asked about the upgrade fees. She told me I would not be charged the $20 even though it appeared when I ordered. I was also told you can still take advantage of the trade in deal after the 7 arrives.

I got charged for it. And it plus my tax got charged today on my credit card.

Reactions: MsRandall

wbiggart

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2005
I ordered the same phone around the same time and received a confirmation citing the 9/23 date. However I spoke with Verizon yesterday and the rep informed me that his system showed a delivery date of 9/16 for my order.

Well that's some good news - keep us updated if you get any more confirmation from Verizon.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I guess mine is shipping today or tomorrow
f50cf888fd75cbfcf50edb7b0ecf9f5f.jpg

EezyE

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
The status on the two black iPhone 7 32gb phones ordered is showing they have been shipped but my 128gb black plus is still showing 9/23.

Reactions: azfalcons

madscientist10

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2014
NYC
Man, I can't even check my order status with the link posted above. I was only given a regular order number, not a preorder confirmation.

Skunkape123

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2011
I was just sharing what was on his paperwork. Perhaps they will change his date.

In his defense, today I actually cancelled my pre order I put in at 3am Friday for the plus, which was giving me a delivery of 10/5 and pre-ordered the 7 this morning and got delivery for 9/23 also. Obviously delivery will very depending on model/size/color etc. but he's not alone with pre ordering today and getting that delivery date.

Reactions: StaceyBink
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.