Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alid32

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
Springfield OH
This is extremely common for a Verizon preorder. Their system gives out guesses.

My guess is if you preordered the night of, and got a 16th delivery date you'll probably have it in hand on the 16th.

Verizon has hit their dates every single year in deliveries to us when I stay up late.

I ordered mine around 9am on the 9th. I went ahead and went with the 128gb rose gold instead of the 256gb because it was saying deliver by 16th. My confirmation email says the 16th too, but when I click the check your order status it's been saying ship by 28th since late Friday night.

Theunknown1087

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010
So, if I click the link in the email for order status it shows the original deliver by date of 9/16. If I log in and view order status the date has disappeared now. Hmm

justinTlME

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
I just called Verizon to see if I could add the $650 promotion but I was told I would need to cancel my order and start from zero. Is that true? I don't trust these representatives 100%
I had this same problem as when I preordered at 3:00 am'ish the trade in promo wasn't active.

I called multiple reps and was told there was a way to do it after the fact but there was no way for them to do it over the phone for me, or for me to replicate it on my screen. I had originally ordered a jet black 7+ 128 but because no one could help me add the $650 promo I opted to cancel and start over to do the $650 promo and got a black 7+ 128 and got the $650 promo.

The only confirmation I got as that I could submit the trade in and even though my page only showed $145 trade in, that it would really be $650. I didn't trust them, I wanted confirmation on my end.

UKFan643

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Has anyone got in contact with Verizon about refunding the $20 fee?

I did. They said the $20 fee that is waived on online orders is the activation fee, not the upgrade fee. But after explaining how disappointing that is, they agreed to credit my account once it shows up. I paid by debit, but they said the charge will still show on the account and then they will refund it. We'll see if it happens.

npenelope

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2016
If i have an existing balance to get to 50% to pay off my phone so i could trade it in and get the new one, when pre-ordering to upgrade, would verizon charge my card right away because i have that balance? or would they just charge it when the phone ships?

Reaktor5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
I did. They said the $20 fee that is waived on online orders is the activation fee, not the upgrade fee. But after explaining how disappointing that is, they agreed to credit my account once it shows up. I paid by debit, but they said the charge will still show on the account and then they will refund it. We'll see if it happens.

That makes sense. Interesting that it's now missing from Verizon's homepage.

ajaxmonkey

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2011
Same for me. 7, matte black, 128. Ordered around 3:30 AM.

I guess I'll join in the fun xD.

I went through a service rep and had mine ordered (weird VIP thing). My processing screen is still there, but when I go through email confirmation and check the order status I see a ship date of 9/16. I ordered the iPhone 7, 128 Matte Black as well.

dwtd

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2009
Chicago, IL
Is anyone else’s e-mail order confirmation missing the apartment/unit number? Mine is, and I called Verizon to add it, but I was told they are unable to make any changes to preorders.

Yes, mine is missing the apartment number, too. I noticed this while on the phone placing the order (the email sent really quickly) and when I asked about it was told the apt number was in the system on their end. I didn't trust the rep so I called back immediately afterward and the next rep saw what I was talking about and just said to call back two days prior to the estimated ship date (9/23 in my case) and confirm that the address was correct. I got the same story about them not being able to change it, at least not until it's about to ship. Also, worst case, you should be able to have them contact FedEx/UPS and have them make the change while it's in transit.

I think what might be happening is they're using a system that validates addresses and can't handle apt numbers. Annoying for sure.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
If i have an existing balance to get to 50% to pay off my phone so i could trade it in and get the new one, when pre-ordering to upgrade, would verizon charge my card right away because i have that balance? or would they just charge it when the phone ships?

They'll charge that when it ships...I had the same thing and wasn't charged yet.

jenjen80

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2016
Columbus, OH
If you check your order status from https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/order/common/searchOrder.jsp you may get more shipping info... This is for a matte black 7 ordered around 11:30EST.

IMG_5754.JPG

Reactions: utsava
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.