Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
So I took advantage of the VZW upgrade promo and ordered a Jet Black 128GB iPhone 7 Plus. It'll be $9/mo once I turn in my 6 Plus and the $650 is refunded to my account. Delivery is expected 11/23, however (crying quietly to myself in a corner).

macmann81

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
West TN
I ordered the exact same a little sooner than that and my email says 10/05/2016 but the website says 9/23/2016. Everyone seems to be confident we'll get it release day though :rolleyes:

Same exact thing here. If I login to my account and check order status it is showing the same date (10/05) in the email. Email also gives the location code P386501 which I think is Memphis from previous preorders.

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
Same exact thing here. If I login to my account and check order status it is showing the same date (10/05) in the email. Email also gives the location code P386501 which I think is Memphis from previous preorders.

Yeah mine is D772101 which I believe is Newark. I ordered another phone at another time and that is E247401 and I'm not sure where that is, possibly Pennsylvania as I've had devices from there before.

jekjones1558

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2010
Right now mine says processing. I placed my order around 3:15 am and I ordered the jet black 128 gb iphone. My delivery date is 10/5 also. When I click on their website it says the same thing.
+1. Also, my credit card has not been charged yet, not a good sign for an earlier delivery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Olivia23

My1stApple

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
I just called Verizon to see if I could add the $650 promotion but I was told I would need to cancel my order and start from zero. Is that true? I don't trust these representatives 100%

verdi1987

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Is anyone else’s e-mail order confirmation missing the apartment/unit number? Mine is, and I called Verizon to add it, but I was told they are unable to make any changes to preorders.

Alid32

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
Springfield OH
This is my first year ever pre ordering, I've always had luck just going to the store on launch day. I was just going to go to the store this year but decided to pre order around 9am on the 9th. Has anyone who has pre ordered before ever got their phone before the date Verizon says you will get it? When i ordered mine it told me deliver by the 16th, but when i check the status it says ship by the 28th. When i ordered my husbands it said deliver by the 23rd and when i check the status it says ship by the 23rd. Just curious what others have experienced.

UKFan643

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
I just called Verizon to see if I could add the $650 promotion but I was told I would need to cancel my order and start from zero. Is that true? I don't trust these representatives 100%

This is not true. You can choose to trade in your phone after you get your new 7. There is no promotion to add or anything. You'll be fine.

vigilant

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Nashville, TN
This is my first year ever pre ordering, I've always had luck just going to the store on launch day. I was just going to go to the store this year but decided to pre order around 9am on the 9th. Has anyone who has pre ordered before ever got their phone before the date Verizon says you will get it? When i ordered mine it told me deliver by the 16th, but when i check the status it says ship by the 28th. When i ordered my husbands it said deliver by the 23rd and when i check the status it says ship by the 23rd. Just curious what others have experienced.

This is extremely common for a Verizon preorder. Their system gives out guesses.

My guess is if you preordered the night of, and got a 16th delivery date you'll probably have it in hand on the 16th.

Verizon has hit their dates every single year in deliveries to us when I stay up late.

UKFan643

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
Thank you. I just can't find where to do it on My Verizon so I decided to call.

I can't recall exactly where I saw it, but I remember seeing that after you get your phone, you can go online and request to trade in your old phone. I'll dig around and see if I can find it again. Might just have to keep calling until you get someone who knows. Always ask to talk to customer care though. The agents that answer the phones first rarely have the right information.

My1stApple

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
I can't recall exactly where I saw it, but I remember seeing that after you get your phone, you can go online and request to trade in your old phone. I'll dig around and see if I can find it again. Might just have to keep calling until you get someone who knows. Always ask to talk to customer care though. The agents that answer the phones first rarely have the right information.
Thanks again:)

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
Thought I'd throw in my status (or lack of).

Confirmation email: 9/9 2:14am CST
Delivery: 9/23
Phone: Matte Black 128 +

I'm hoping for a launch day delivery like everyone else, but like it's been said the pluses are all at least the 23rd.

Reactions: ksujoel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.