Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dicx

Contributor
Jan 10, 2006
so far no changes, 10/5 for 128GB Jet Black. Ordered as soon as the site was up 3:15am ish. WOndering if stores will have them in stock on Friday.

Reactions: Samuel Lane

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
When I check mine it just shows that the order is paid for and gives me an option to cancel the order or modify the payment on the link posted above

Got my Confirmation around 6:10 AM pst Friday. The other site though gives me a date of 10/05

Reactions: Deeznuts.

wbiggart

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2005
Anyone order a matte black 7+ and have a shipping / delivery date of September 16th? I ordered at 12:15 Pacific time and my date is the 23rd. Just want to see if anyone who ordered this phone has it showing up on launch day.

Reactions: JerTheGeek

ibcj

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2010
Nooooo I hope not, should be getting updates soon maybe tomorrow even. Just hoping the VZW store has some stock if mine isn't delivered!

Last year, I went to a corporate store on launch day and stood in line, only to be told (the moment the doors opened) "We have no plus models". That was disappointing.

MikeKlump

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2015
Anyone order a matte black 7+ and have a shipping / delivery date of September 16th? I ordered at 12:15 Pacific time and my date is the 23rd. Just want to see if anyone who ordered this phone has it showing up on launch day.
Ordered the same about 3 minutes before you and have 9/23 as well.

Reactions: egreggs6870

ibcj

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2010
I just called Verizon to see if I could add the $650 promotion but I was told I would need to cancel my order and start from zero. Is that true? I don't trust these representatives 100%

That's not what my rep said when I called. I was told that it would apply because of the order date of the iphone.

verdi1987

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Yes, mine is missing the apartment number, too. I noticed this while on the phone placing the order (the email sent really quickly) and when I asked about it was told the apt number was in the system on their end. I didn't trust the rep so I called back immediately afterward and the next rep saw what I was talking about and just said to call back two days prior to the estimated ship date (9/23 in my case) and confirm that the address was correct. I got the same story about them not being able to change it, at least not until it's about to ship. Also, worst case, you should be able to have them contact FedEx/UPS and have them make the change while it's in transit.

I think what might be happening is they're using a system that validates addresses and can't handle apt numbers. Annoying for sure.

Cool. That makes me feel a little bit better. There are posts going back several years with people complaining about Verizon omitting apt./unit numbers.

Verizon shipped out my trade-in box, and I am almost certain that it is missing my unit number. USPS shipments addressed to me automatically appear in My USPS. This shipment did not automatically appear. I will find out tomorrow, when it is supposed to arrive.

ajaxmonkey

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2011
Cool. That makes me feel a little bit better. There are posts going back several years with people complaining about Verizon omitting apt./unit numbers.

Verizon shipped out my trade-in box, and I am almost certain that it is missing my unit number. USPS shipments addressed to me automatically appear in My USPS. This shipment did not automatically appear. I will find out tomorrow, when it is supposed to arrive.

So for all who did the trade-in... I'm assuming most will have their current iPhone as a trade in. Will we be able to ship this out once our new iPhone has arrived? I definitely don't want to be without a phone for 2-4 days of course.

Drtool

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2011
I have ship date of 9/16, but my confirmation email is 1:23am eastern. Used the app early. Status is still processing.

StaceyBink

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2014
Pennsylvania, USA
I ordered my 128 gb Rose Gold 7 at 8:45 via a Verizon rep. My card has been charged and my phone has been shipped and is sitting in Memphis.

My dad went into a Verizon store today and preordered a 128 gb Jet Black 7 to be delivered on 9/23.

Reactions: Edge1978

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
I ordered my 128 gb Rose Gold 7 at 8:45 via a Verizon rep. My card has been charged and my phone has been shipped and is sitting in Memphis.

My dad went into a Verizon store today and preordered a 128 gb Jet Black 7 to be delivered on 9/23.

Congrats to your Dad but thats some misinfo he was given. If that's true would not be fair to the rest of us who placed orders prior.

EezyE

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
Hopefully we Plus orderers will get our tracking numbers tomorrow or later tonight

I appreciate the optimism but I'm not too hopeful we'll get them this week. I don't believe Apple had a sufficient supply of them ready for the launch. I'd love to be wrong, but we shall see.

Reactions: gemnilocs

skergirl2319

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2016
Nebraska
this is my first iPhone preorder experience. went into VZW store and did my preorder for 7+ 128 gold at like 9:25 am on friday 9/9. was told by VZW sales guy that delivery would be on launch day, 9/16. VZW order confirmation email says delivery by 9/28. checking status online says order in progress and expected ship date 9/28. am hoping the VZW sales guy knew his stuff and it comes on 9/16...but not holding my breath. o_O

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.