Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cforster

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Missouri USA
I ordered a 7 plus 128GB in rose gold.

My confirmation email says deliver by 9/16.
My order status says deliver by 9/16.
However, when I click "Check Your Order Status" in my email, I get an expected ship date of 9/28.

No activity on my credit card, yet.

:(
Same here. When I check the status the date keeps changing from 9/16 (what the email says), to 9/23, and now this morning it says 9/28.

verdi1987

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Anyone else have a preorder confirmation email that doesn't say they got the 2gb bonus data even though they are on a qualifying plan?!

Mine does not show the bonus, either. (I got the $80 12 GB plan.) I asked CS about the omission and was told it's a back-end promo that wouldn't necessarily show on the E-mail. I'm not too worried about it.

cforster

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Missouri USA
Yea I really don't expect it to work, but I am going to call at 8 am and see what they say. They also said I could change my delivery address with no issue even though another rep told me I couldn't. Just shows you that these reps likely don't know much at all.
[doublepost=1473680313][/doublepost]

Will do. If it works, I'll provide the number I got.
Word to the wise, I wouldn't make ANY changes to the order. The reps often mess something up and it delays or cancels your order. It happens a LOT.

RandyMass

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2016
Ordered a Black 7 128GB. Shipped today from West Chester, PA. Per shipper instructions. Package will not be delivered before 09/16. This is going to a Verizon store in Madison, WI

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
Ordered at 4 am on 9/9. 256GB Matte Black 7 Plus. Just spoke with a Verizon rep online about my 9/23 ship date. They stated this was an estimate, but that I can call a number to get it moved up to 9/16. Super strange. I have never heard anything like this before. Going to call the number now and follow up.

Haha I just called the number and they were like yea, I am sorry, but that is not possible at all. It may deliver earlier than 9/23, but that all depends on when we receive the inventory from Apple. We ship as soon as we receive the order. They also said that I couldn't change the delivery address until I receive a tracking number, but said it was possible after that point.

kioko91

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014
I'm a 9/23 black 256 plus as well with a 9/23 date. Ordered as soon as the page allowed me. Still no change in my order, but my boyfriend has a phone reserved with Apple for his AUP so might just see if they have any while there on Friday at this rate.

wlftems3

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Mishawaka, IN
Anyone know why I wouldn't have a date listed on the website but i have one listed on my confirmation email? Should I call in and ask about it?

cagcody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
Anyone know why I wouldn't have a date listed on the website but i have one listed on my confirmation email? Should I call in and ask about it?

This happened to me. I preordered Friday morning around 3:12 AM, and didn't see a date on Verizon's website until early Saturday. It matched the date shown on the email. When did you order?

SBrooks360

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2012
Two years ago when I ordered my 6 Plus 128GB from Verizon a bunch of us called and were able to initiate a "jump the line" request and we were able to successfully get our phones on launch day. Has anyone tried that again this year with success?

wlftems3

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Mishawaka, IN
This happened to me. I preordered Friday morning around 3:12 AM, and didn't see a date on Verizon's website until early Saturday. It matched the date shown on the email. When did you order?
I ordered as soon as the website allowed me too.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 8.25.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 8.25.40 AM.png
    255.7 KB · Views: 244

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Haha I just called the number and they were like yea, I am sorry, but that is not possible at all. It may deliver earlier than 9/23, but that all depends on when we receive the inventory from Apple. We ship as soon as we receive the order. They also said that I couldn't change the delivery address until I receive a tracking number, but said it was possible after that point.
Now that's a courier issue. If you're a premium subscriber to UPS MyChoice or FedEx Delivery Manager then something like changing the address is possible. But again, I wouldn't risk it with the sheer inventory they'll be handling.

Last edited:

bwrpeters

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2016
Virginia USA
I ordered a iPhone 7 + 256GB in Black @ 3:25am (EST) 9/9...the charge from Verizon is still "pending" on my credit card. has anyone else ordered a 7+ and had the charge post? I am assuming once the charge posts that my order status will update on the Verizon site.

Reactions: Edge1978

Theunknown1087

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2010
Now that's a courier issue. If you're a premium subscriber to UPS MyChoice or FedEx, then something like changing the address is possible. But again, I wouldn't risk it with the sheer inventory they'll be handling.

FedEx doesn't allow this. I tried this morning.

"It must be attempted to be delivered before we can hold it".

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
Maybe this has been asked but when is the card billed when the order is placed for the new phone? Is it when shipped? Right before? I did this last year and cannot remember how. I can't preorder until Weds and the delivery date just keeps going up :(

I actually might order earlier if the fees won't come out until after 9/15 (payday). The current delivery date for the one I want is 9/23(not too bad)

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
At this point I'm just hoping there will be enough stock at my local VZW corporate store that if I get there about 2 hours before open I can get a black 128GB 7+!

Mr.Bigglesworth

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
While I was pre ordering mine on 9/9 at precisely 3:05AM, I was also in a live chat with someone from customer service.

She instructed me to log out of my account, select my device ( 128GB Jet Black 7 plus ) and then log back in towards the end.

It seemed to work, I'm getting mine on 9/23. According to her, Verizon will not be shipping any jet black 7 plus's on 9/16, they simply just don't have any * She says *. I asked her if I would have done it any quicker would I have gotten mine on 9/16 and that was her response. She also said that most stores will not be getting any in stock either since supply is extremely limited.

With my experience though ( I always purchase every iPhone that comes out, through pre orders every year ) Verizon likes to give them selves some comfort room. It'll say 10/7 for example, but you'll end up getting it on 10/2.

So for us that shows 9/23 ( first wave of shipments according to them ) we might get ours a little sooner.

Hope this helps !

Bigglesworth out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.