Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frankdogg

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
253, WA
Why am I so desperate for some movement on my order! Lol.

My wife and mother have 9/16 ship dates (7 32 and 7 128gb) but Bc of my phone (7+ black 128) our ship date is 10/5.

eww7633

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2008
If its UPS I know you can sign up for UPS Choice and either pay a fee to change address or hold at UPS store. I personally would choose for them to hold it and go pick it up.

Right, I have that, but I know Apple for one restricts what you can do with their orders. I don't know if Verizon is going to do the same.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
I ordered an iPhone 7 128GB rose gold for my wife and a matte black 7+ 128GB for myself. Will Verizon ship them separately when they become available or do they ship them together? I currently have only one deliver by date of 9/23 showing on my order status but was initially shown a launch date delivery for the rose gold iPhone 7.

This is my first time ever preordering. Curious to see how this all plays out. :)

they'll ship separately. I bought the same exact combination, my wife's rose gold iPhone 7 is alreay on its way with a distinct tracking number. My 7+ (matte black) is still "processing" and won't arrive till 9/23 per Verizon's website.

Did you check Verizon's "My Order" page to see if your iPhone 7 has a tracking number?

EDIT: I should say, I processed both phones as separate orders... so now thinking about it, my reply may not help in your case since I didn't order them together.

Last edited:

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
I remember last year that I did not get charged until my phone actually went into the shipping process. Last year, it was a 2 week wait so most of us did not receive charges to our accounts until that next Friday, then shortly after that, we received shipping notifications. Hope that helps.

Does anyone know if this is still true if you have to pay to get to 50% to upgrade?

UKFan643

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
If I check the order status from my confirmation email, I have a tracking number. But I still haven't gotten any email from Verizon notifying me of the shipment. This only matters to me because I called them on Friday afternoon to change the address that it's being shipped to. The agent that answered said they couldn't do it, then passed me on to customer care. The nice lady there also said they couldn't do it. I told them I thought that was crazy because we live in a day where people share accounts and it's not uncommon for someone to live in a different city than the main account holder, which is my case. She understood, talked to her supervisor, and said they would change the shipping address for me. Now I just need to know if it actually happened or not. For those of you who have gotten shipment emails, does it have the address on the email? The order status and the tracking info doesn't show it anywhere.

ronincse

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Well I was going to hold off on getting one for a bit, but finally just had to do it yesterday. iPhone 7+ Silver 256gb with a 10/2 delivery date, here's hoping the usual happens and it gets delivered much earlier ;)

ratigator

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
Michigan, USA
I woke up at 2:55 EST to preorder my iPhone 7+ Jet Black 128gb at on apple.com. After entering in my verizon billing password wrong too many times (didn't realize the billing password is the pin) I got locked out for 60 minutes. I watched as the expected delivery dates quickly slipped to November and panicked so I went onto verizon's site to order as the date was a little better at october 26th (got the order in at 3:55 am EST). Now the expected ship date is 11/2. Have always gotten my new phones delivered on launch date, guess not this year :(

I had a similar experience, but not because of password problems. It took until 3:11am EST for either site to change from the "coming soon" messages (I assume everyone had that same experience). Then it took me until 3:39 to finally get an order through. First, the Apple Store app seemed to be working, but it kept getting hung up on the "Check Account" screen. I kept getting a service unavailable message and I gave up with the app after numerous tries. Meanwhile I was on Verizon's site which was kicking me back to the login screen during the order process even though I was already logged in. Now I'm stuck with an estimated 10/26 ship date for the 128gb jet black Plus. It's going to be a long 1.5 months with an empty Apple leather case...
[doublepost=1473697116][/doublepost]Still mad.

29635246375_f932aecce9_b.jpg

Reactions: Olivia23

alhurricane

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
they'll ship separately. I bought the same exact combination, my wife's rose gold iPhone 7 is alreay on its way with a distinct tracking number. My 7+ (matte black) is still "processing" and won't arrive till 9/23 per Verizon's website.

Did you check Verizon's "My Order" page to see if your iPhone 7 has a tracking number?

Thanks for the info. I have been checking it. So far no tracking number and still getting the "your order is currently being processed".

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
Did anyone with Chase have a msg to call a sales person but then the order went through anyway? Something about security?

Olivia23

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2008
around
I had a similar experience, but not because of password problems. It took until 3:11am EST for either site to change from the "coming soon" messages (I assume everyone had that same experience). Then it took me until 3:39 to finally get an order through. First, the Apple Store app seemed to be working, but it kept getting hung up on the "Check Account" screen. I kept getting a service unavailable message and I gave up with the app after numerous tries. Meanwhile I was on Verizon's site which was kicking me back to the login screen during the order process even though I was already logged in. Now I'm stuck with an estimated 10/26 ship date for the 128gb jet black Plus. It's going to be a long 1.5 months with an empty Apple leather case...
[doublepost=1473697116][/doublepost]Still mad.

29635246375_f932aecce9_b.jpg
I had the exact same problems you did with Apple and verizon. They both said order soon for awhile then verizon kept kicking me back to the login page even though I was logged in. Finally got through to Verizon around 3:15. My jet black plus 128gb delivery date is 10/5.

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
A trade in promo code SHOULD be texted or emailed within 48 hours of activating the iPhone 7 that needs to be typed in during the trade online
Correct. If you didn't do the trade in with the order, wait for the promo code to be texted to you once you activate your device. It will be texted to you if you ordered through Verizon online.

npenelope

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2016
Did anyone with Chase have a msg to call a sales person but then the order went through anyway? Something about security?
I got that same message when trying to order last night but it ended up not wanting to take my chase card and i ended up having to use a different card cause it wasn't giving a number or chat window to talk to chase. Something about being enrolled in Total security or something along those lines.

Reactions: Crazyj414

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
I received my order confirmation email at 3:10am on 9/9/16. 128GB Jet Black iP7 - ship date 10/5/16.

chpthrll

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2015
Augusta,Ga
I see that apple is giving people who had problems ordering @3 am and had problems are getting some priority help,
I had the same problems as others,and around 3:15 got through,ordered a black 6+ black 128GB,only to get a confirmation for a 32GB,now have it corrected,but ship date is 10/12.
Be nice to get a little satisfaction from Verizon!!

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
I got that same message when trying to order last night but it ended up not wanting to take my chase card and i ended up having to use a different card cause it wasn't giving a number or chat window to talk to chase. Something about being enrolled in Total security or something along those lines.

Exactly but then it took my order and I got a confirmation so I was confused. I have that stupid chip. I wonder if that is part of it. I'm gonna check with Verizon and then call Chase if needed.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Mine shows shipped and I've been given a FedEx shipping number, but the carrier info was blank. When I checked the tracking, it shows it left the FedEx facility in West Chester PA, and is now in Coatesville PA enroute to NJ.

Olivia23

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2008
around
I ordered a 7 Plus, 128 GB, Black at about 3:15am EST. I received a 9/23 ship/delivery date and I'm still with the "Processing" status..no change.

I order a regular 7, 128 GB, Black right after that..around 3:18am EST. I receive a 9/16 ship/delivery date and I received notice that my order has shipped. It also says ship date: 9/15, FED Ex Overnight delivery.
Dang you're lucky! I ordered through verizon at the same time same exact phone 7 plus jet black and my ship date is 10/5.

Mr.Bigglesworth

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
... I'm getting nervous lads,

My order status is still showing " we received your order, it is in process"

But with a 9/23/2016 delivery date showing.

7 plus Jet Black 128Gb

Reactions: Deeznuts.

petitechouffe

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
FYI for those wondering about the conflicting ship dates. My confirmation email says 9/16, the direct link from this email that says I can check the status says 9/28. When I log in to my account on Verizon, it says 9/16. A rep just looked it up in a chat and said to go by the 9/28 date AND that its the SHIP DATE not the delivery date. Lame! I am hoping this rep just doesn't have a clue.

I ordered a 7+ 128gb rose gold at 8:31am CST

Attachments

• Verizon-Chat.PNG
    Verizon-Chat.PNG
    87 KB · Views: 164
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.