Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Pending charges are just preauthorizations set to expire in a certain time frame. 99% of the time we purchase something, the payment posts before the preauthorization drops off. The card companies recognize that the $59 Walmart preauth is the same as the $59 post so they merge them and the preauthorization is gone.

In this case, preauthorization is usually 5 days as that is the longest most credit card companies will allow a company to 'hold' the funds. So if it drops off, not a big deal. This is still not indicative that you will not receive it launch day. This just means they haven't officially charged you before the preauthorization dropped off.

Reactions: Puckettjess

Dd0tc

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Ok so for the 100th time.. I've seen others say it but it doesn't seem to be sinking in my friend..

1.) I do not have my phone either..
2.) the rose gold 7+ 128gigs seem to be the first 7+'s to be received and processed this year by version.. Just like every other year they process each single color, size, model etc as they get them.. So if you ordered your silver 10 minutes after the pre order started and I ordered a rose gold 20 minutes after the pre order started should you be mad that I got a cc charge and shipping info before you? Absolutely not.. And vice versa if the silvers to first.. All carriers receive crates of the same model of phone and process those in the order that the preorders came in FOR THAT PARTICULAR model..Apple decides what and when and where to send.. Who's knows the why or how behind that.. Perhaps we can get Tim Cook to do a webcast and explain it to us.... Probably not

I'm not trying to be snarky or an ass man but seriously it's like pages of this thread are dedicated to explaining this to you and it's a very simple concept.. Just thought maybe one more explanation would help..

Good luck with the silver.. Hoping for my 7+ black 128 to move in this direction today
[doublepost=1473847804][/doublepost]This was for JediZen Master but my quote didn't work.. Sorry all

Yeah he was starting to annoy the hell out me as well.

Reactions: Resqu2

CKtoph

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2007
Ordered at 3:15am with initial delivery date of 9/23

Got an email at 4:07am with tracking for delivery this Friday.

7 Plus 128GB, Matte Black

So relieved...I'm taking the family to LA for vacation for 2 weeks next Wednesday and would've missed the initial delivery.

Reactions: ratigator

Jdf87

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Pending charges are just preauthorizations set to expire in a certain time frame. 99% of the time we purchase something, the payment posts before the preauthorization drops off. The card companies recognize that the $59 Walmart preauth is the same as the $59 post so they merge them and the preauthorization is gone.

In this case, preauthorization is usually 5 days as that is the longest most credit card companies will allow a company to 'hold' the funds. So if it drops off, not a big deal. This is still not indicative that you will not receive it launch day. This just means they haven't officially charged you before the preauthorization dropped off.

Awesome thanks

Reactions: kycophpd

ntrimm

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
Madison, Mississippi
2:21 CST order confirmation. Ordered 256GB 7+ matte black and 128GB 7+ rose gold. No charges and still shows processing in order status with 9/23/16 ETA. Originally when I ordered it said the rose gold would deliver 9/16 and the black 9/23. I assume they will ship these together? I'm ok with 9/23 delivery but hope they come on launch date. We will see.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Ordered at 3:15am with initial delivery date of 9/23

Got an email at 4:07am with tracking for delivery this Friday.

7 Plus 128GB, Matte Black

So relieved...I'm taking the family to LA for vacation for 2 weeks next Wednesday and would've missed the initial delivery.

Same here! (Except for the vacation part). Thought I was going to have to wait till the 23rd, so am very excited to see it's shipped and set to arrive on the 16th. iPhone 7 Plus 128 GB matte black

Coreless apples

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
Long Island
iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Black.
Email confirmation came in at 1:52AM EST.
Original founder of Verizon app bug.
Received email this morning at 6:18AM EST.
Package picked up from Memphis.
FedEx

eww7633

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2008
2:21 CST order confirmation. Ordered 256GB 7+ matte black and 128GB 7+ rose gold. No charges and still shows processing in order status with 9/23/16 ETA. Originally when I ordered it said the rose gold would deliver 9/16 and the black 9/23. I assume they will ship these together? I'm ok with 9/23 delivery but hope they come on launch date. We will see.

I'm in literally the same exact situation.

TyG8

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
St. Louis
Just woke up to this.

F6E0B0E0-1393-4D2E-A30E-C1B7D8889F12_zpsm7l8ntqv.jpg

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
Still nothing for me. 128 GB Matte black ordered at 3:15AM eastern launch day. Kinda frustrating.
You aren't alone 2:06 cst time same phone no charge no nothing making me a little ticked off that so many with later times orders and the same phone have shipping information already. Happy for those folks but questioning how this process truly works

Reactions: jmasse8

coolant113

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2007
New Jersey
Ordered a 128gb Matte Black at 3:20am EST on preorder day, original delivery date was 9/23. Received an email from Verizon at 6:02 this morning with tracking info, guaranteed delivery on friday 9/16

BuddyTheElf24

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2016
NC
I ordered at the Verizon store as soon as they opened 9/9 (black 7+ 128) got a delivery of 9/28. No movement. Anybody else order in store and seen movement?

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Ordered 7+ black 128 and 7+ jet black 128 at 17 minutes after launch.

Black est 9/23 ship email, 9/23 on preorder status page. Shipped with 9/16 delivery date

Jet black est 10/5 ship email, 9/23 on preorder status page. No changes yet like everyone else.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
My phone is being held in Linwood, PA it looks like. It's been at the facility since Monday but i guess they have no reason to continue shipping if they can't get it to me before friday i guess.. still hoping to see it move soon.

Reactions: kycophpd

hsoj1006

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2015
VZW screwed my order up and put me for a 256gb 7 Plus Matte Black. I wanted 128gb. I have not seen many people ordering 256 and I have gotten no movement from VZW.

UGH!

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
Reminder on shipping: these phones go from mass shipment by plane, moved to a truck then dropped to a carrier sort facility BEFORE they get labeled and assigned (prelaunch, after launch they may come direct from overseas).

So if your device is not sorted and labeled until tomorrow, you won't receive any info until then or later and it may still arrive Friday. This is a large logistics operation that is much more complicated than what it seems which is why some people get upset when they don't see movement.

Edit: wrote this before I saw heyitssusan's post but yes that is exactly right! It will be or is already loaded on a trailer waiting to be taken to a shipper sort facility. They plan ahead and have more staffing Thursday to make sure they all get out for Friday rather than receive continual truckloads at FedEx or ups prior to their sort.

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
Got the email got a tracking number, tracking number doesn't work. Hopefully it will soon, I'm sure it will be here Friday!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.