Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alex_0314

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Hi guys, just made account and have been following a couple days. I ordered a 7 32GB rose gold. It shipped on Sunday and has been sitting at the fed ex facility in Memphis since then with no movement. I live in the Chicago area just wondering if it's going to move closer at all before Friday or if it's getting directly overnighted from Memphis to me, any ideas? Kinda annoying knowing it's just sitting there lol

arftech99

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2015
MD, USA
My black leather iPhone 7 Plus case arrives today. Only 42 more days and I'll have a phone to put in it!

I was looking at your sig fie and saw that you ordered the Jet Black 7+ for 10/26 ship date...what size did you order and what day and time was your order placed? I ordered Jet Black 7+ 256GB on 9/9 at around 11:30AM.

Thanks...

blubz

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2014
North Carolina
Hi guys!

Can someone explain to me how exactly that $650 credit thing works? Is it only for new customers who make the switch to Verizon? Also, I preordered my phone on launch day so can I still get the credit onto my account? I've read some comments about it but I'm still a little confused. Do I just turn in my current iPhone that's already paid off for the credit?

Thanks!

Blondeasw

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
I understand your excitement, and this thread is a great environment to express that excitement, but what response were you actually expecting from the chat agent?

Not only is it still 2 days before the earliest promised date for the phone, but you're complaining that there are people on the internet who have received a tracking number, not an actual phone, when your phone isn't late yet.

What, on God's green earth, gives you any basis to complain, other than the fact that chatting makes it easy to do so? If your phone doesn't arrive by the date they told you when you ordered it, then you have a reason to whine.

All you've succeeded in doing is working yourself into a lather and wasted your time and Verizon's.
No lather here dude. I'm all good. Just sharing info learned from Verizon like everyone else.

shawngod5269

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
I have been following this thread for the past couple of days. I am wondering if shipments are going to be delayed due to the super typhoon that is going to hit main land china tonight. Located just south of Taiwan currently. Another variable that we might all have to take into account.

jalisar

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
This is my first time preordering a phone and i am completely lost. I didnt order until late Friday night and I still have an delivery date of 10/5. Do you think I will get it any sooner? Im a little hopeful reading everyone's posts but Im still not sure. By the way I ordered a matte black 7+ 128gb.

smokechaser

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Kansas City
Hi guys, just made account and have been following a couple days. I ordered a 7 32GB rose gold. It shipped on Sunday and has been sitting at the fed ex facility in Memphis since then with no movement. I live in the Chicago area just wondering if it's going to move closer at all before Friday or if it's getting directly overnighted from Memphis to me, any ideas? Kinda annoying knowing it's just sitting there lol

I've been pre-ordering on verizon for years. It will be held in Memphis until Thursday and be overnight-ed to your location for Friday delivery. They do this every year like this.
[doublepost=1473865835][/doublepost]
This is my first time preordering a phone and i am completely lost. I didnt order until late Friday night and I still have an delivery date of 10/5. Do you think I will get it any sooner? Im a little hopeful reading everyone's posts but Im still not sure. By the way I ordered a matte black 7+ 128gb.

What delivery date does your verizon confirmation email say?

davidgolfer

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2015
I'm in a similar situation, I didn't order under Friday morning. Mine says 9/28 but thinking they will come sooner based on past and others getting moved up.

zachy85

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Has anyone with a shipped phone tried to see if the "device id" is the IMEI number? It might be possible to do some sleuthing using that to get the serial number and see when these bad boys were made.

Tgent13

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
I've been following this thread and you all made me feel better that I'd get the thing on launch day, so thank you! Just figured I'd throw out what I had to add to the pool of info.

iPhone 7+ matte black 128 gb ordered through Verizon at 12:15 am 9/9 confirmation email received 12:20 am with a 9/23 ship by date. My credit card got charged last night and I got the shipping email today saying it would arrive 9/16 on launch day! Good news and it looks like matte black 7+ 128 gb are on their way out.

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
I'm so pissed! I just got a call from my CC company. They deactivated my card because of possible fraud and my verizon is trying to come through!!! :mad: Now I'm on the phone with Verizon on hold trying to fix it! If this messed up my shipment...
Did your situation get resolved from last night?

jalisar

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
I've been pre-ordering on verizon for years. It will be held in Memphis until Thursday and be overnight-ed to your location for Friday delivery. They do this every year like this.
[doublepost=1473865835][/doublepost]

What delivery date does your verizon confirmation email say?

It says deliver by 10/5

KStout2013

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
PA
128 gig RG 7+ YAY!
20160914_105828.png

Reactions: Deeznuts.

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016

Theres an order through apple for all locations to hold them until launch day

KStout2013

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
PA
I thought FedEx required one delivery before holding or changing anything? Please let me know if you get them to hold it at a facility as no is home Friday at my house to get my wife's phone. I would prefer to go somewhere and pick it up on the way home from work.
My FedEx page has the delivery options button completely grayed out. No options at all. All I can do is click to receive email updates.

Reactions: kycophpd

KStout2013

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
PA
You would think I would be OVER this silly launch mania after all these years. Mad at myself. Do Samsung launches have forum threads like this or is it only because I am an Apple person that I am so unbalanced? Anyone?
Samsung absolutely does have these exact same forums lol. My husband and I got the new Galaxies in March and it was CRAZY. exact same ship date/release date/different colors and sizes panic, too. People going crazy and threatening everyone under the sun and peeing all over themselves in some forum if they don't have their phone on release day lol.

cas3y5

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Has anyone with a 9/28 date seen it moved up yet? Looking through the thread it seems to be mostly 9/23s getting moved up. I ordered a 7+ silver 128gb at 4:21 am ET (because of problems with the Verizon site) and have a 9/28 ship date. Thanks!

Edit: Just wondering if I have a hope of seeing it Friday :)

Last edited:

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
Has anyone with a 9/28 date seen it moved up yet? Looking through the thread it seems to be mostly 9/23s getting moved up. I ordered a 7+ silver 128gb at 4:21 am ET (because of problems with the Verizon site) and have a 9/28 ship date. Thanks!

There are a lot of 9/23 folks that haven't gotten shipping stuff yet or cards charged

zachy85

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2007
Raleigh, NC
So I was able to take the device ID (which I assume is my IEMI), and look it up here http://iphoneimei.info/. That gave me a serial number, which I was able to verify with apple is legit. It looks like my iPhone 7 + 128 GB in black was born on September 4, 2016.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.