Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oztech

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2022
On the 1s, 4th and 5th replacement iphone, I have noticed there is a "StorageStatus" log in diasgnostics and this will not dissapear if I reset the iphone to factory to defaults it re-appears again. A lot of jargon in the log with things like NAND.Fail but then NANDRestoreSuccesful etc etc. Lots of zeros in it, but it only appears that once. There seems to be a lot of posts on various forums about memory failture etc etc. But seems strange to have numbers in a row from different factorys and also different stores etc etc.

Also the 1st one on launch day was made on 1st march and the latest was on 13th march so almost two weeks apart so seems a little odd and its not giving me any grief. Plus I don't want to return it as im sure the next one will be the same.

But you always worry with the Kioxa contamination...

Anyone else noticed this log?

Also there is an ams_engagement one whenever i turn on/off the phone, but I think that has to do with the hotspot data settings as it has the wrong apn...
anyone also got this StorageStatus log?.. Not sure if it could be connected to the Kernel Panic

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Twice I've had the 2022 iPhone SE shut off. I'm expecting a firmware fix any time now. The phone has been fine but it's not surprising to find something significant that was missed during testing.

Last edited:

phositadc

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2012
Twice I've had the 2020 iPhone SE shut off. I'm expecting a firmware fix any time now. The phone has been fine but it's not surprising to find something significant that was missed during testing.

Twice in 2 years? That’s not even noticeable. With the SE 2022 people are experiencing daily or weekly kernel panics 2 weeks into ownership.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This is your seems to be isolated to the iPhone SE models 2022 and SE 3 for the most part.

I suspect something in the kernel code has affected these units concern both units were CPU motherboard upgrades from the existing in market devices already having updated chips, this seems likely.

Those outside of the return window I would definitely showed him the logs definitely Escalade create a ticket with Apple and have them push for still in-market hardware swaps but that might not resolve the issue if in fact the kernel still needs to be updated.

oztech

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2022
Curious, is everyone having this problem with only 15.4.1 as I mentioned earlier I am on my 5th SE3 and this time I decided not to update from ios 15.4 and its been over a week now and I have had no kernel panic so it could be something to do with 15.4.1 ? But then again I cant remember if i updated my first SE3 to 15.4.1 before the problems started.

Does anyone have a StorageStatus log? Even restoring the device brings it back but only appears once and phone is not having any issues. 3 out of the 5 have had this log.

phositadc

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2012
Curious, is everyone having this problem with only 15.4.1 as I mentioned earlier I am on my 5th SE3 and this time I decided not to update from ios 15.4 and its been over a week now and I have had no kernel panic so it could be something to do with 15.4.1 ? But then again I cant remember if i updated my first SE3 to 15.4.1 before the problems started.

Does anyone have a StorageStatus log? Even restoring the device brings it back but only appears once and phone is not having any issues. 3 out of the 5 have had this log.

I had it on 15.4 and 15.4.1

marklcfc

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
Settings -> Privacy -> Analytics & Improvements -> Analytics Data

I have 4 "panic" logs which correspond to the times when my phone crashed and restarted. (Kernel panics.)
Thanks, I wanted to check my logs as I was sure I had this yesterday evening, and there it is. Just the one after owning the phone for 5 weeks but still not a good sign is it?
IMG_0077.jpg

LeCocotier

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2022

Hey, unfortunately, the problem is not related with iOS 15.4.1, I received my SE 3 on 15.4 and it was already randomly shutting down

Somehow, instead of the Outbox not ready message, I now have a sleep/wake hang detected panic-full message
I think someone already said it, but there high chances of this issue being a software bug, as your phone is normally under warranty for a whole year, don't bother RMAing, it's juste a waste of time.

Cheers !

MacWanker

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2014
Happening to mine too - 15.4 & 15.4.1... I thought I was going mad or was inadvertently holding down the power button or something when unlocked, which I'm not.
Purchased unlocked direct from apple, not from a network or network locked.
My mother and father both bought the same model each at the same time as me and it's been happening to theirs too.
Annoying bug. Hope an update sorts it soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5105973

SeriouslyYellowFlamingo15

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2022
This is happening to me as well. I bought iPhone SE 2022 in March and it has rebooted multiple times. I always get the same "DCP PANIC - poll reg timeout" in the log.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
So it appears that the kernel panics are not restricted to the iPhone SE 2022. Which means it is a software issue and not anything due to the specific hardware.

phositadc

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2012
So it appears that the kernel panics are not restricted to the iPhone SE 2022. Which means it is a software issue and not anything due to the specific hardware.

Source? My family has an SE 2020, 12 mini, 13 mini, and regular 13, and only the SE 2022 has the problem.

I’m also not seeing reports of this problem on any other model on forums. So if it is affecting other models, it does not seem to be as widespread as on SE 2022.

Reactions: Ulenspiegel

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
The user SeriouslyYellowFlamingo15 reports they have the issue on there 2nd generation SE (post #70). Hence my statement about the kernel panic not restricted to just the 3rd generation SE 2022.

phositadc

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2012
The user SeriouslyYellowFlamingo15 reports they have the issue on there 2nd generation SE (post #70). Hence my statement about the kernel panic not restricted to just the 3rd generation SE 2022.

Post 70 references a 2022 SE?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.