Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sekrup

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2022
I wanted to chime in that this is also happening on my 4-days-old iPhone SE 2022. Factory reset with iCloud restore didn't work; factory reset without data restore (setting up as new, empty phone) did not work either - the phone keeps randomly restarting, several times a day. Usually it's happening when the phone is on standby and I attempt to press on Home button to wake it up.
IMG_0066.PNG

Reactions: 5105973

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I wanted to chime in that this is also happening on my 4-days-old iPhone SE 2022. Factory reset with iCloud restore didn't work; factory reset without data restore (setting up as new, empty phone) did not work either - the phone keeps randomly restarting, several times a day. Usually it's happening when the phone is on standby and I attempt to press on Home button to wake it up.
Wow several times a day? I’ve not had one in several days. I’ve not been using my camera a whole lot, though. I can’t be quite sure but I think I had the most issues on days I was using the camera quite a lot. I’ll try to pay better attention to the circumstances around the next one.

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
I was going to buy the iPhone SE 2022 (already bought both a charger and headphones) but this thread makes me hesitate. Hope there will be a fix soon otherwise I may have to buy iPhone SE 2020. How annoying. I want both an LCD screen and TouchID.

Ulenspiegel

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2014
Land of Flanders and Elsewhere
I faced the same dilemma.

So, finally I decided to buy the SE 2020 (128GB) version.

The 2022 is equipped with new hardware (chip, battery) and as we can see there are problems.

I better stick with the older well-tried version that "just works". It is more than enough for my daily needs.

Reactions: 5105973 and 4419867

phositadc

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2012
I was going to buy the iPhone SE 2022 (already bought both a charger and headphones) but this thread makes me hesitate. Hope there will be a fix soon otherwise I may have to buy iPhone SE 2020. How annoying. I want both an LCD screen and TouchID.

I’d wait until a fix is confirmed

BriteLights

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2022
Hi guys. I'm from Malaysia and I think I'm having the same problem. My iPhone SE3 2022 which I've been using since March 2022, has shut down randomly 3 times. (3rd time being today when I left it idle on my table). I really enjoy using this phone and I hope it just needs a software update.

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
I’d wait until a fix is confirmed
I might do that but I'm starting to get a little impatient. I will probably buy iPhone SE 2020 if it drops further in price, otherwise I will try to wait until the problem with the iPhone SE 2022 is solved. I don't want to replace my crashing Android (budget) with a crashing iPhone...

Reactions: Ulenspiegel

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
They have done recalls before.
It was the case in my 6S (battery and no one knows what else in reality).

Under the hood Apple changed important parts (new processor and new battery).

I hope they will solve this problem and asap.
Good to know. I hope so too! 🙏

Reactions: Ulenspiegel

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
For the record, even though I am experiencing his issue occasionally, it would not stop me from buying this phone again. That, plus Apple will fix this issue soon, I'm sure.
I’m torn on that. I’m not super comfortable now with my decision, because even though the phone does seem to always revive to working condition, this is really inconvenient and annoying.

In the wrong circumstances it could even be a disaster. In the last few years I’ve relied on these phones for medical emergencies and I don’t like messing around with glitches. I had an iPhone glitch on me once during a 911 call attempt. There was a mess up in how my Apple Watch was set up to work with it and my calls weren’t going out despite it looking like they were dialing out. It was my Samsung phone that got me through that one. It was a harrowing experience to realize my iPhone was not working in such a circumstance.

I really hope Apple can figure this out and address it. I really want this SE 2022 to be reliable because I do enjoy carrying it as my main phone.

phositadc

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2012
I’m torn on that. I’m not super comfortable now with my decision, because even though the phone does seem to always revive to working condition, this is really inconvenient and annoying.

In the wrong circumstances it could even be a disaster. In the last few years I’ve relied on these phones for medical emergencies and I don’t like messing around with glitches. I had an iPhone glitch on me once during a 911 call attempt. There was a mess up in how my Apple Watch was set up to work with it and my calls weren’t going out despite it looking like they were dialing out. It was my Samsung phone that got me through that one. It was a harrowing experience to realize my iPhone was not working in such a circumstance.

I really hope Apple can figure this out and address it. I really want this SE 2022 to be reliable because I do enjoy carrying it as my main phone.
Agreed. I'm still in return window and returning mine. Near daily crashes just make it too likely that one day, it will crash when I really need it... Hopefully not 911 levels of needs but it's not a risk I'm willing to take since I'm still in my return window.

NeonIbis

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2020
I still wonder if there is some kind of common factor, e.g., if it's a particular configuration/batch that's affected. For what it's worth, I have starlight 128GB ordered on launch day (but not picked up till a couple of days later) and I haven't had this issue (touch wood)...

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
I still wonder if there is some kind of common factor, e.g., if it's a particular configuration/batch that's affected. For what it's worth, I have starlight 128GB ordered on launch day (but not picked up till a couple of days later) and I haven't had this issue (touch wood)...
Interesting to hear. Wondering what's going on with other people's devices. 🤔

SeriouslyYellowFlamingo15

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2022
For those who are experiencing this issue, please make sure to open a support ticket with Apple. It is important to let them know that this issue is widespread.

I have a starlight 128 GB model picked up on the first day it was released. The phone has rebooted multiple times with the same panic-full message.

• Sad
Reactions: 4419867

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
What are the signs and symptoms before the Kernel Panics happen? I’ve tried looking at the logs and the there’s no log with the word “panic”.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.