Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Looks like at this point there’s no way to get a titanium in October. I see no in-store pickup anywhere and no models for delivery even in early November now. I thought the titanium would be easier to get than the SS. Guess I was wrong. I’m still feeling a bit of an itch to change to titanium from steel, but now I’d be waiting until mid-November.
I just changed from Ti to SS. With Ti not seeming to be anymore durable than SS, nor easier to find yet $100 more expensive, I don't really see the appeal anymore.

4pp13

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2020
I just changed from Ti to SS. With Ti not seeming to be anymore durable than SS, nor easier to find yet $100 more expensive, I don't really see the appeal anymore.
Is it just the durability of the silver SS vs natural titanium in question? I'm interested in how space black compares to graphite, but no one can seem to answer this as of yet. Looking through stuff people are selling on eBay does make them seem a bit similar at least in terms of this aspect.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Is it just the durability of the silver SS vs natural titanium in question? I'm interested in how space black compares to graphite, but no one can seem to answer this as of yet. Looking through stuff people are selling on eBay does make them seem a bit similar at least in terms of this aspect.
The website makes it look like Graphite SS is identical to Black Ti, so I decided to save $100 and go with Graphite SS.

The SS models are prone to scratches very easily and they show up. Titanium models are very durable.

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2021
The SS models are prone to scratches very easily and they show up. Titanium models are very durable.
I am wearing a graphite SS and can see scratches from my Milanese loop, but want to try a leather loop with the SB Ti.
I am, however, distracted by the late delivery of Ti as it conflict with a trip to Greece and hope to not yield to temptation should my local Apple store have a SS in stock this Friday.

AtheistP3ace

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
Philly
Yea, I have never owned the SS, but my first Apple Watch was Aluminum, bought the cheap one to see if I would really use it as I had never worn a watch prior to that. After seeing I used it and how much of a klutz I am, constantly smack my watch on stuff as I walk, I went for Ti the first year available and have never gone back. My S5 is still perfect looking. The titanium and the sapphire glass is, for me, an absolute must! And it does the job amazingly, I really am just so bad at smashing the watch against everything lol.

Yea, I have never owned the SS, but my first Apple Watch was Aluminum, bought the cheap one to see if I would really use it as I had never worn a watch prior to that. After seeing I used it and how much of a klutz I am, constantly smack my watch on stuff as I walk, I went for Ti the first year available and have never gone back. My S5 is still perfect looking. The titanium and the sapphire glasses, for me, an absolute must! And it does the job amazingly, I really am just so bad at smashing the watch against everything lol.
Couldn’t have said it better. It’s very durable. I decided to get titanium AW’s and never looked back to the other models. 🤔

4pp13

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2020
Yea, I have never owned the SS, but my first Apple Watch was Aluminum, bought the cheap one to see if I would really use it as I had never worn a watch prior to that. After seeing I used it and how much of a klutz I am, constantly smack my watch on stuff as I walk, I went for Ti the first year available and have never gone back. My S5 is still perfect looking. The titanium and the sapphire glass is, for me, an absolute must! And it does the job amazingly, I really am just so bad at smashing the watch against everything lol.
Similar. Didn't know if the aluminium would get used at all because the battery thing seemed really hard when compared to a dumb fitness device I had that could last months without worrying about battery. Now need an upgrade as I'm sick of putting on screen protectors.

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2021
I have a friend in Belarus that would take me to operas in Minsk and Moscow.
Here is a song that we liked that surely puts to rest the debate about an iW7C Ti. ?

• Haha
Reactions: AtheistP3ace

AtheistP3ace

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
Philly
Has anyone gotten any movement on their Titanium order that does not have release day delivery or in store pickup on the 15th. My dates for delivery are 10/26-10/28 and its still processing. =[

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
I have a graphite SS and natural Ti purchased at launch last year both are still in perfect condition. The SS graphite is probably more durable as it has the DLC coating. I have had two bright SS. They do get micro scratches which will buff with a cape cod cloth.

Last edited:

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
November camp here - Ordred straight out of the gate SB Ti with a blue braided solo loop and it's currently 9th to 16th november estimation ?

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Most of posts here have at least ordered second choice bands with SB Ti yet earliest delivery is Nov 2.

I take it that those who want Ti SB with whatever band will not find such at Apple stores on launch, yes?

In the past, only certain "premier" Apple stores ever carried the titanium watches in stock.

I would not expect to find this to be different. I'm also not sure how to determine if a particular store might be the type to get them.

Reactions: GDF

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US

Each to their own of course, but do remember the titanium models come with a two year warranty vs one year, and they come with a 2nd sport band. Whether those things are of any value to someone is an individual matter.

Reactions: AtheistP3ace

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
The website makes it look like Graphite SS is identical to Black Ti, so I decided to save $100 and go with Graphite SS.

Unless something changed from last year, the two are distinctly different both in color and finish (gloss vs brushed).

The SBTi is a very good match for the SB Link Bracelet if that helps distinguish it. Photos just don't really show it well.

Last edited:

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2021
In the past, only certain "premier" Apple stores ever carried the titanium watches in stock.

I would not expect to find this to be different. I'm also not sure how to determine if a particular store might be the type to get them.
Setting aside the lack of inventory this year for S6 Ti, I am not certain about this notion that only premiere stores have Tis. I went to the OKC Apple Store on Monday to replace my AirPods and while there they showed me a S7 Ti. Sorry, I do not remember how to correctly identify the dark color as multiple threads here throw around various terms.

ElDuderino91

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2020
Setting aside the lack of inventory this year for S7 Ti, I am not certain about this notion that only premiere stores have Tis. I went to the OKC Apple Store on Monday to replace my AirPods and while there they showed me a S7 Ti. Sorry, I do not remember how to correctly identify the dark color as multiple threads here throw around various terms.
They showed you a real S7??!!

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Setting aside the lack of inventory this year for S7 Ti, I am not certain about this notion that only premiere stores have Tis. I went to the OKC Apple Store on Monday to replace my AirPods and while there they showed me a S7 Ti. Sorry, I do not remember how to correctly identify the dark color as multiple threads here throw around various terms.

I can only relate how things were last year -- Apple could certainly do something different this year if they wished. We shall see.

I would note though that having a Ti display/demo model does not necessarily imply carrying Ti stock for walk-in sales.

Reactions: the future

xenoako

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 30, 2021
I can only relate how things were last year -- Apple could certainly do something different this year if they wished. We shall see.

I would note though that having a Ti display/demo model does not necessarily imply carrying Ti stock for walk-in sales.
The S6 Ti that was showed me was not ‘on display’ The Apple Store employee used her phone to open drawer after drawer after drawer. Maybe it was number 6 or 7 she located the referenced Ti. I assume that means it is for sale. I leave to conspiracy folk to suggest that, setting aside my initial typo, that in fact I saw an actual S7.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Each to their own of course, but do remember the titanium models come with a two year warranty vs one year, and they come with a 2nd sport band. Whether those things are of any value to someone is an individual matter.
I buy monthly AC+ and keep my watch for 3 years so the "free warranty" isn't of value to me, nor is the sport band. But I totally agree that just because it's not for me, doesn't mean it can't work for you :)

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
The S6 Ti that was showed me was not ‘on display’ The Apple Store employee used her phone to open drawer after drawer after drawer. Maybe it was number 6 or 7 she located the referenced Ti. I assume that means it is for sale. I leave to conspiracy folk to suggest that, setting aside my initial typo, that in fact I saw an actual S7.

Not really sure why you'd think a watch sitting in display cabinet drawers wasn't a display/demo model, but whatever.

My point was simply that you might want to do some research from last years posts to see if any of the stores in your area were of the sort which carried the Ti models -- since few stores did -- so you can try that/those stores to better your chances of a launch day score.

If you want to quibble about whether or not a watch fetched from a watch display/demo cabinet drawer is or isn't a demo/display model, you're gonna need to have that argument with someone else.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.