Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChoiMinji

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2021
Let us boycott all further iPhones until they get 3.5 mm jack
HA! like that's ever going happen.

we should boycott the Nincompoop virus that's been infecting the minds of many over the last couple of years

Last edited:

Madhatter32

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2020
I am glad the 3.5mm headphone jack is gone it’s so old and sound quality was very limited by the analoge Audio signal
Exactly the right point but the wrong conclusion. Audiophiles know that analog audio is far superior to digital. I say boycott for all the innocent ears.

LunarDog

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2020
I've been doing that since 2016, but losing hope.

My original SE is working fine (had to replace screen and battery last year), but apps and even websites are dropping support for smaller screens. Time to upgrade?

I'll need lightning earphones for the iPhone, USB-C earphones for iPad pro and normal 3.5 jack earphones for my old iPod mini. What a mess...

kiv.atso

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2021
Unless you are a scientist who has extensively studied EMF radiation and can show us that bluetooth is not harmful because of actual FACTS

Why don’t YOU show us that bluetooth is harmful with actual scientific FACTS?

That link to some questionable article can hardly be called scientific fact ?

But I guess that how it is nowadays…

Davelfc

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2014
Liverpool
I gave up on the 3.5mm Jack a long time ago. No way in hell it’s coming back. Joke post?

And speaking of power adapters, I found my iPhone 7 Plus box the other day. I opened it and found the power adapter and lightning cord still in it, nice and new. It looks like the decision to not include the adapter wasn’t a bad one to me.
It was then throwing in a usb C to lightning lead that really annoyed people, a cash grab by a greedy company.

Reactions: iGüey

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
This ship has sailed long time ago. Both my Samsung Galaxy S21 and S7FE tablet don't have headphone jack either.
But instead of demanding headphone jack to return, I would blame headphone manufacturers that don't want to adapt to even USB-C (I assume not many wants to do Lightning due to MFi license). I mean come on, pretty much all Android flagships from all of the OEMs, from Xiaomi to Google Pixel, have ditched the headphone jack. Yet I barely see USB-C headsets being commonplace. Instead, they're all making crappy Airpods knockoffs.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Who wants low level radiation from bluetooth in their ear, possibly damaging their hearing/brain?

Not moi.

Until then, I love my wired headphones which I have no chance of easily losing.

Unless you are a scientist who has extensively studied EMF radiation and can show us that bluetooth is not harmful because of actual FACTS, and you can prove you are not on the payroll of big tech, please do not answer. Thanks in advance.

@ErikGrim yes that’s why skin cancer rates are almost three times higher in Australia than they are in Canada.​

LOL, check your stats on cancer overall. Sunny climates have much lower cancer rates. I'm alive because I did the research; how about you?

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Why don’t YOU show us that bluetooth is harmful with actual scientific FACTS?

That link to some questionable article can hardly be called scientific fact ?

But I guess that how it is nowadays…
LOL, here you go. How about you do your own testing and research for yourself and your loved ones? Get yourself a cheap EMF meter.

"... existing research hasn’t revealed the threshold below which RF signals clearly pose no threat."

I guess when you are a cancer survivor, you tend to start checking things out. The part about lowered sperm count and potential brain anomalies for adults and warnings for young children is worrying enough.

MuckrakerJG

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2014
It's 1:58 p.m. EST on Tuesday, September 14th and the Apple event is almost over.

Tim Cook: "But there is... one more thing."

Phil Schiller comes out of retirement, walks out onto the stage at Apple Park.

"What did it take to bring back the 3.5 mm audio jack to iPhone 13? In a word... COURAGE."

*Camera zooms in on Phil's face as he stares us down*

"CAN'T INNOVATE ANYMORE, MY ASS!"

*Walks off stage, back into retirement*

*cut back to Tim Cook*

And that's iPhone 13, with an INNOVATIVE headphone jack that lets you send music and audio from your phone DIRECTLY to your ears with no wireless interference from your microwave. And we think you're gonna love it.

Roughly 3 seconds later on iJustine's Twitter:

"OMG YOU GUYS APPLE'S SO BRAVE NO ONE ELSE WOULD THINK TO DO THIS"

Samsung and Google 10 minutes after event ends on Twitter:

"WHAT YEAR IS IT, 2005????"

Samsung and Google in 2022: Quietly re-add headphone jack to their high-end phones, delete old tweets.

Reactions: WriteNow and OJK

apparatchik

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2008
Not without an overpriced cellular add-on they don't, but you know that already.

you know it’s the same chip right? you can see this very crearly with the apple watch, its a single component that provides cellular gps/glonass along with an additional antena, pricing could def be lower but gps + cellular go together because it’s a common component

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.