Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bkallen

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2020
AKA, "Please put an antiquated water hole back in my device. Also keep it waterproof. Also keep it small." ?

jimimac71

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2019
California
You said that iPads didn't have GPS. They do. What a weird goal post move.
Just look at the specs. WiFi iPads do not have GPS. Some Android tablets have both GPS and FM radio chips. No data required.
If you've ever evacuated from a fire and had no Internet, Cellular or TV, just electricity and a radio, you will get my point.
I won't buy from Apple, since they can't meet my requirements.

Kar98

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2007
I don’t know if it’s a joke or not, but Apple will not go back with the 3.5mm jack on iPhone. You’d better use the lightning to jack adaptor, bluetooth headphones or shop a new brand of phones…
You’re gonna wait a long time then.

Serban55

Suspended
Oct 18, 2020
After decades, nobody wants floppy disk back, after a decade nobody wants optical drive back
So, after 2030 , nobody will want headphone jack back
This is how tech works, humans have the highest power to adapt

Reactions: Homme

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
I would imagine because in Australia people prepare for the sun because its obviously sunny. But, in the UK for example you may leave the house when its cloudy then the weather brightens up and you get sun burn, hence the higher rates of skin cancer in those sorts of countries. Same reason more people die of the cold weather in the UK than in much colder parts of the world...
You misunderstand the issue of cancer being treated by sunlight. OVERALL cancer (not specifically skin cancer) rates are lower in sunny climates.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Not sure why you are yelling at me. I didn't respond to your tin foil hat nonsense. But fwiw, Australia has higher skin cancer rates because we are near the hole in the ozone layer. You know, the actual dangerous radiation.
Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to undelete the bold thing. The Ozone layer thingie has been debunked for decades, not sure why you are discussing stuff that was "media 'science'" back when climate change was all about the coming new ice age in the 80's. Sunlight and sunny climates have less cancer rates overall. Cancer is treated by sunlight, as were a host of many other ailments prior to the creation of antibiotics.

• Haha
Reactions: ErikGrim

TheLinkster

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2001
Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to undelete the bold thing. The Ozone layer thingie has been debunked for decades, not sure why you are discussing stuff that was "media 'science'" back when climate change was all about the coming new ice age in the 80's. Sunlight and sunny climates have less cancer rates overall. Cancer is treated by sunlight, as were a host of many other ailments prior to the creation of antibiotics.
The "Ozone layer thingie"? Holy crap.

Between your "sunlight cures cancer", your "scholarly articles" about bluetooth radiation (because the bottom line is scientists can't agree upon the effects of EMF, any brief amount of attendance on google university will tell you that), not to mention the contradiction in terms as you rail against bluetooth radiation and relish in solar radiation, I have major difficulty figuring out how you made it this far.

Reactions: ericwn

kiv.atso

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2021
LOL, here you go. How about you do your own testing and research for yourself and your loved ones? Get yourself a cheap EMF meter.

"... existing research hasn’t revealed the threshold below which RF signals clearly pose no threat."

I guess when you are a cancer survivor, you tend to start checking things out. The part about lowered sperm count and potential brain anomalies for adults and warnings for young children is worrying enough.
Also, another questionable article written by a person who has background in economics and journalism, and not science (especially on that subject).

Just to be clear. I’m not against your concerns, we all have them. An article written by someone without scientific background in the field cannot be trusted because some of the information can be misunderstood by the author themselves because of lack of knowledge and then passed on to readers.

But again, this is normal nowadays. It’s easier to quote some blogger than refer to scientific literature.

Also, putting something out there and asking to prove it’s not false is plain manipulation.

Reactions: Romain_H

richardpage

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2014
The only reason for a headphone jack is if the iPhone had an FM tuner inside. Then the cable is the antenna.
The iPhone won't get an FM radio tuner, nor will the iPad get GPS.
These items seem rare with Android, but people like me believe it should be more common.
Apple is really good at removing things.
FM radio is now streamed via apps. Radio Garden is brilliant! Check it out.

But wouldn't it be great if they included a thermocouple so the actual outside temperature could be measured! And if the camera was configured so it covers the infrared spectrum as well.

Hutt Father

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2021
Let us boycott all further iPhones until they get 3.5 mm jack
1631699109757.png

AXone1814

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2018
Yea sure, I’m going to boycott something I use all day every day because of something I’ll literally never need to use again in my life. That makes so much sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.