Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017

@ErikGrim yes that’s why skin cancer rates are almost three times higher in Australia than they are in Canada.​

LOL, check your stats on cancer overall. Sunny climates have much lower cancer rates. I'm alive because I did the research; how about you?

I did Australia still comes out on top.

I survived a trip to the West Bank, it doesn’t mean I have the answer to peace in the Middle East.

ErikGrim

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia

@ErikGrim yes that’s why skin cancer rates are almost three times higher in Australia than they are in Canada.​

LOL, check your stats on cancer overall. Sunny climates have much lower cancer rates. I'm alive because I did the research; how about you?
Not sure why you are yelling at me. I didn't respond to your tin foil hat nonsense. But fwiw, Australia has higher skin cancer rates because we are near the hole in the ozone layer. You know, the actual dangerous radiation.

Reactions: ericwn and LFC2020

beanbaguk

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2014
Europe
I think this one is done and dusted.....

sad-pablo-lonely.gif

Slarti.BartFast

Cancelled
Dec 28, 2012
Let us boycott all further iPhones until they get 3.5 mm jack
Already have, I'll stick with my small screen SE1- which might still get replaced by by another 4Sand my 2013 MBp.

Apple hasn't released a single thing in nearly a decade that I want, trouble is creepy Windows and creepier Android suck more.

I used to wait for the each new Apple release but now I just laugh at the crap - keyboards that don't work, every single iOS, Mac OS release is garbage until .3, some are still crap now - so I stay on El Cap

• Haha
Reactions: iGüey

SirAnthonyHopkins

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2020
Does a MacRumors editor choose which forum threads are highlighted on the MR home page, or is it just done on most responses? Cos why the hell is this nonsense there?

• Love
Reactions: iGüey

Lukomaldini

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2018

I would imagine because in Australia people prepare for the sun because its obviously sunny. But, in the UK for example you may leave the house when its cloudy then the weather brightens up and you get sun burn, hence the higher rates of skin cancer in those sorts of countries. Same reason more people die of the cold weather in the UK than in much colder parts of the world...

Velin

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
Lightning to 3.5mm jack works great. OP's idea may be fail, but wired audio still is vastly superior to bluetooth. If your cellphone voice/audio is mission critical, a quality wired headset is the way to go and blows any bluetooth setup out of the water. Our business tested it extensively, wired headsets were a must.

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
I have a WiFi only Samsung tablet with GPS as a stand alone. No data plan required and that's my point. The cellular add-on costs a bunch more with iPad.
Sure, but now you’re using/carryingtwo devices.
Cellular in an iPad is about more than GPS. That’s minor.
There simply is not wi-fi everywhere, period. And where it is available, do you really trust it? No thanks, I’ll use data.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
Lightning to 3.5mm jack works great. OP's idea may be fail, but wired audio still is vastly superior to bluetooth. If your cellphone voice/audio is mission critical, a quality wired headset is the way to go and blows any bluetooth setup out of the water. Our business tested it extensively, wired headsets were a must.

the vast majority of people are using iPhone for dog photos though.

Jonas Silver

macrumors member
May 24, 2020
Far South
The only reason for a headphone jack is if the iPhone had an FM tuner inside. Then the cable is the antenna.
The iPhone won't get an FM radio tuner, nor will the iPad get GPS.
These items seem rare with Android, but people like me believe it should be more common.
Apple is really good at removing things.
iPad have GPS

Reactions: Mike. Just Mike.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Hell will freeze over and apes will rule the government (some might say they already do :D) before Apple bring the 3.5mm jack back.

Speaking as someone who uses a good mix of wireless and wired cans, I can’t say as I’ve missed it to be completely honest.

The wired cans I most often use with the iPhone have a High-Res Lightning DAC attached to them nigh on permanently.

It really doesn’t hinder my use at all, and it gives me better sound quality (subjectively, your ears will differ) than either the normal Lightning, or the built-in 3.5mm jack ever did.

As for boycotting Apple over a lost cause? Not blinking likely, why would I curse myself by missing out on every other advancement made with the iPhone since last we seen a 3.5mm jack.

Indeed, if the sales figures over the past few years are anything to go by, not to mention general industry adoption of no 3.5mm jack, few people care that much about its demise.

Over the past couple of decades, I’ve grown used to Apple removing, what they consider, old and outdated features. Floppies, CD/DVD drives, more ports than I can remember. And y’know what, I end up not missing them at all. For the ones I still want, however occasionally, there’s an abundance of external options (yes, I have an external floppy drive, tape drive, Blu-Ray, Zip and many more).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.