Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
I'm running OSX 10.11.5 with Safari version 9.1.1 (11601.6.17) and I can't get this to work. I'm not using the beta version (maybe this is why?)

Can you please give me a test link that works for you.

Thanks

P.S. Never mind, just saw your later post:

Can someone please confirm whether you can open any link in a new tab and then press back button to close the tab and return to the original tab in Sierra or does this also only work for pinned tabs?

Thanks

It works for all links that open in a new tab.

Reactions: bmac89

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2011
So, overall how is it? El Capitan runs so fluid on my 2015 Macbook Pro With Retina, I don't know how it could get much better than it already is.

thingstoponder

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2014
Command Z in Safari will now reopen as many tabs as you want. (keep pressing it to get older closed tabs)

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but you can also hold down the new tab button and get a list of closed tabs.

Also, the edit bookmarks section is redesigned.

ErikGrim

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Interesting bugs that have cropped up lately: Save for Web save dialog in Photoshop CC (2014) would severely lag in text input. One character per second.

Then beach balls returned to Safari even with plugins disabled. Restart didn't fix it, but another empty of the cache did.

antoniogra7

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
Hey guys, I found out a way to get Picture in Picture to work with Youtube. Use ClickToFlash to force Youtube to use the native HTML5 player and there will be a PIP button right there.
The good thing is that since all required is a javascript implementation, if Youtube doesn't do it, someone will definitely made an extension to allow it.

Also, I'm not running Sierra, but if you double click with the right button in a Youtube video, you'll get the system standard contextual menu (at least in El Capitan) which allow you to use full screen for example (with the native controls, not Youtube's), maybe is there an option for PiP?

Last edited:
Reactions: pmostoff

Tukan3

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2016
The good thing is that since all required is a javascript implementation, if Youtube doesn't do it, someone will definitely made an extension to allow it.

Also, I'm not running Sierra, but if you double click with the right button in a Youtube video, you'll get the system standard contextual menu (at least in El Capitan) which allow you to use full screen for example (with the native controls, not Youtube's), maybe is there an option for PiP?
Yes there is.

Reactions: pmostoff

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
Can someone check if Photoshop and other Adobe CC apps are able to snap? At the moment none of the snapping apps were able to resize those windows.
I can not check, but I can almost guarantee you it won't work. Adobe draws all the UI in all their apps with Adobe Flash for cross-platform compatibility. Even if something looks like an ordinary OS X window, it's not and will never behave like one. You should check out alternatives.

Affinity Photo
(This app will probably snap.)​
[doublepost=1466529506][/doublepost]
Got a note from Surtees Studios (Bartender 2 for Mac) saying that they will have a fix out "in the coming weeks".
This app is no longer needed. You can now ⌘-drag and rearrange all menubar icons even from third party apps in Sierra.

Last edited:

bluefirex

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2015
Germany
This app is no longer needed. You can now ⌘-drag and rearrange all menubar icons even from third party apps in Sierra.

Bartender isn't about re-arranging only. It's also about hiding stuff you don't want to see. For example:
Image%202016-06-21%20at%208.37.28%20PM.png

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Bartender isn't about re-arranging only. It's also about hiding stuff you don't want to see. For example:
Image%202016-06-21%20at%208.37.28%20PM.png

You are absolutely correct. Bartender is much more than just re-arranging the icons.

Now, can you identify the apps?

What are the two between 1Password and Speaker/Volume?
What are the items between Carbon Copy Cloner and Time Machine and the ones between f.lix and TextExpander, and finally the one to the left of Dropbox?

bluefirex

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2015
Germany
Now, can you identify the apps?

Sure.

What are the two between 1Password and Speaker/Volume?

Sip and CloudApp

What are the items between Carbon Copy Cloner and Time Machine

Crashplan

and the ones between f.lix and TextExpander

Plex, Unified Remote, Keeping You Awake, BetterTouchTool

and finally the one to the left of Dropbox?

Telegram (that one slipped in there, just removed it)

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
With all the changes to Messages in iOS10, how many have transferred to the new macOS ?

Can you add/create the same affects or just show them send from iOS10?

Nope, you can't create them on macOS, you can only view them sent from an iOS 10 device.

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
Is anyone having "deleted" spam their console? I am trouble searching for this, as "deleted" is a common word. I think it’s a process called "delete d", and like other processes, it’s a word with D at the end, not the past tense of delete.

Studio K

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2013
United States
One small thing I noticed today was that the wake-from-sleep screen has been changed. It's currently a monochrome snapshot of your desktop. Sierra presents you with the Mac boot screen instead (black background with white Apple logo).
Looks a lot better than the monochrome.

RTG4869

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2015
Not sure if this is new but when you're in fullscreen mode in an app and you open safari it automatically opens next to the app so you browse right there. None of the other apps support this (wish they did).

greytux

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2014
Adobe draws all the UI in all their apps with Adobe Flash for cross-platform compatibility.
That's not true. They have their own UI abstraction layer, but but has nothing to do with Flash.

Affinity Photo is awesome btw...

Reactions: jblagden
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.