Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

noisypilot

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
No longer can select an alternative default email client:

Looks like the ability to select an alternative default email client has been removed (or moved to an unknown location). It used to be at the top of the "General" preference pane in Mail.
Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 7.06.02 PM.png

Reactions: mayuka

Tomkins!

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
No longer can select an alternative default email client:

Looks like the ability to select an alternative default email client has been removed (or moved to an unknown location). It used to be at the top of the "General" preference pane in Mail. View attachment 637630

Check if it's in the Generals Preference Pane. You can also set the Default Browser there.

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006
In OS X each app can set itself as the default app, so the other mail clients can just implement that feature themselves.

chrizzz09

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2013
Germany
Now with tabs in every app, does this mean the Preview.app gets tabs, too?

Every Youtube video is only showing the tabs feature with Pages...just how Apple showed it at WWDC.

danielagos

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2015
Now with tabs in every app, does this mean the Preview.app gets tabs, too?

Every Youtube video is only showing the tabs feature with Pages...just how Apple showed it at WWDC.

I'd also like to know which are the keyboard shortcuts to cycle through tabs. Are they like in Terminal (command-curly brackets) or like in Safari (ctrl-tab)?

kayloh20

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
Chicago, IL
Can someone check if Photoshop and other Adobe CC apps are able to snap? At the moment none of the snapping apps were able to resize those windows.

I was not able to get Photoshop CC to snap with Illustrator CC.

I'd also like to know which are the keyboard shortcuts to cycle through tabs. Are they like in Terminal (command-curly brackets) or like in Safari (ctrl-tab)?

It's like in Safari (ctrl+tab and shift+ctrl+tab). Terminal in Sierra works both ways.

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2011
Is anyone else having major lag and beachball issues with Safari? Firefox on the other hand runs like a dream.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
The option for default browser in the General Preferences pane was in OS X long before Windows 10 existed.
No, the default browser option was moved to System Preferences > General in El Capitan. In Yosemite and earlier it was located in the Safari preferences, meaning you had to launch Safari to change your default browser away from Safari. Rather counterintuitive.

They could be doing the same with Mail in Sierra, but haven't gotten around to making the setting in System Preferences > General yet.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
No, the default browser option was moved to System Preferences > General in El Capitan. In Yosemite and earlier it was located in the Safari preferences, meaning you had to launch Safari to change your default browser away from Safari. Rather counterintuitive.

They could be doing the same with Mail in Sierra, but haven't gotten around to making the setting in System Preferences > General yet.

It was moved to System Preferences > General well before El Capitan.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
It's been moved in Yosemite already.
Hmm, I remembered this being one of the little things in the El Capitan beta. Could be wrong though, or maybe it was moved in a Yosemite update. It's definitely in the old location in Mavericks.
[doublepost=1466951785][/doublepost]The volume/brightness level overlay has been very slightly tweaked in dark mode. El Capitan on the left, Sierra on the right.
Volume Level Overlay-1.png
Volume Level Overlay-2.png

hamis92

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
Finland
Hmm, I remembered this being one of the little things in the El Capitan beta. Could be wrong though, or maybe it was moved in a Yosemite update. It's definitely in the old location in Mavericks.
[doublepost=1466951785][/doublepost]The volume/brightness level overlay has been very slightly tweaked in dark mode. El Capitan on the left, Sierra on the right.
View attachment 637854 View attachment 637853
That looks like a terrible design decision – in the new style, it is harder to tell how close to maximum volume you are. Then again, maybe it's a bug.

Reactions: PowerBook-G5

Janichsan

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
That looks like a terrible design decision – in the new style, it is harder to tell how close to maximum volume you are.
That's my thought, too. But then again, we are talking about the new Jony Ive UI design philosophy here…

Reactions: Costee

ac2334

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2009
Install from Anywhere is gone? That really, really sucks. I wonder if you can still override it by right clicking, or option clicking, or whatever the way they built in to manually override Gatekeeper.

sudo spctl --master-disable <--- this fixes it and restores it already selected by default, nothing further to do ;)

Galaxas0

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2011
Can anyone help me out a little and grab a copy of this file? /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreEmoji.framework/Resources/en.lproj/FindReplace.strings

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.