Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

tywebb13

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2012
How were you able to set up the feature, is there a toggle somewhere? I'm using a 2013 rMBP (Sierra b2) and Apple Watch (watchOS 3 b2) and iPhone 6+ on iOS 10b2 with Two-factor Authentication enabled for iCloud

Check out apple's instructions:

auto-unlock.png

jsawy3r

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2014
Can anybody confirm if Auto Unlock does or does not work on the Mid 2012 rMBP? I see it doesn't work on a Late 2012 mac, but no idea what type of mac that is. I know the rMBP was a bit ahead of its time in connectivity and I imagine Apple isn't dotting the i and crossing the t on the beta docs. Holding out hope!

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
In beta 2, the clock in the menu bar now has more padding around it. A curious design decision, as the clock now takes up a bit more space which could be valuable on smaller screens running apps with lots of menus.
10.12b2-clock1.png

10.12b2-clock2.png

BadMelonFarmer

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2010
North Somerset
Can anybody confirm if Auto Unlock does or does not work on the Mid 2012 rMBP? I see it doesn't work on a Late 2012 mac, but no idea what type of mac that is. I know the rMBP was a bit ahead of its time in connectivity and I imagine Apple isn't dotting the i and crossing the t on the beta docs. Holding out hope!
I mentioned my late 2012 Mac does not work, should have said it is a Mac Mini from Late 2012

canopic

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2014
Windows snapping, finally! And it's the really good type of window snapping I loved that some old apps like Winamp had. This, along with picture in picture, (and of course we already have fullscreen side-by-side) is really welcome. Cannot wait.

tywebb13

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2012
Have you seen this audio slider which is now horizontal after many years of being vertical?

Is it a Sierra DP1 thing or DP2 thing? Can't remember if it was in DP1. I only saw it in DP2 Sierra today.

horizontal-audio-slider.png

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
It was in DP 1. I like the overhaul a lot, and the easy access to AirPlay sources is a HUGE win. I use AirPlay all day, both at my house and my friend's, and I have already saved a legitimate amount of time not going to System Prefs 10 times a day.

Although vertical positioning makes more sense in a dropdown menu, I'm glad they did it to make room for some AirPlay options, and it puts it visually in line with sliders everywhere else in the system.

mitchsaunders

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
since no one replied to my question on another subforum, thought I'd post here my question..
I use my Mac (late 2013 Retina 13" MBP) at school, connected to school wifi, BT turned on as well
My Apple Watch is connected to my phone via BT, but my phone is not connected to WiFi or Cellular Data (to save battery life throughout the day).

Would Auto Unlock still work?

cheers! (not upgrading my mac to the beta, just a question that popped into my head)

TehFalcon

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2011
United States
since no one replied to my question on another subforum, thought I'd post here my question..
I use my Mac (late 2013 Retina 13" MBP) at school, connected to school wifi, BT turned on as well
My Apple Watch is connected to my phone via BT, but my phone is not connected to WiFi or Cellular Data (to save battery life throughout the day).

Would Auto Unlock still work?

cheers! (not upgrading my mac to the beta, just a question that popped into my head)

Yes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.