Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

HotMrmt

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2024
Did you check whether your machine is really capable for Sequoia with OCLP 2.0.1 at all? Did you try to finish the installation in safe mode as suggested by another user?
Yes of course I checked that my iMac is compatible. I tried install Ventura and it seems ok (I had sonoma before trying to update). Now I’ll try to upgrade to Sequoia and see what happens.

Reactions: luckyduke23

mat316

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2022
Germany
Hi,

I try to install Sequoia on my Mac mini (late 2014).
I create (not my first time, I do the same with Sonoma many times and it works) with 2.0.1 a installer-USB-stick.
So I boot the stick, select install and get the message:

"macOS Sequoia" is not compatible with this mac.

?
Any ideas what is going wrong?
Does it mean my Mac isn't supported by OCLP 2.0.1.?

Bmld

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2022
Hello,

Sequia on my IMAC 2021 works correctly. The reactivity is very good. With Safari 18, I don't have video on Netflix and Canalplus but no problem on YouTube. On Google Chrome everything work.

maccoops

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2023
MBP 2015 12,1 Retina 13"; Early 2015; 3.1GHz i7; Intel Iris 6100; Sonoma 14.6; OCLP 2.0.1 - Test volume added, installed OCLP and 2nd Sonoma instance to test volume, manually installed 15.0 metallib package, carried out OTA update to test environment, had to deal with very slow Sequoia login and re-applied root patches and now working great in test environment and dual booting to production Sonoma.

Will try the OTA in my production environment when time allows.

Thanks devs!

PeterHolbrook

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2009
Does anyone know whether a Mac Pro 5,1 (with the requisite OCLP 2.0.1) with an AMD Radeon HD 7970 3 GB GPU will behave any worse running Sequoia than it does running Sonoma?

On another front, taking for granted that SIP is disabled, does XtraFinder work in Sequoia?

luckyduke23

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2023
I recognized that with Sequoia my "FindMy-Widgets" for objects and people on my Mac desktop do no longer get updated. Other widgets work fine (clock, stocks, weather, etc.). In the app people and devices get updated but objects not. On my iPhone (iOS 18) all works fine. Anybody else?

maccoops

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2023
MBP 2015 12,1 Retina 13"; Early 2015; 3.1GHz i7; Intel Iris 6100; Sonoma 14.6; OCLP 2.0.1 - Test volume added, installed OCLP and 2nd Sonoma instance to test volume, manually installed 15.0 metallib package, carried out OTA update to test environment, had to deal with very slow Sequoia login and re-applied root patches and now working great in test environment and dual booting to production Sonoma.

Will try the OTA in my production environment when time allows.

Thanks devs!
Interestingly a lot of videos are stuttering extremely badly in my browser (Chrome and Firefox) on my production Sonoma environment since doing the above. I wonder if installing the metalib package in my test Sequoia has screwed things up in my Sonoma production environment. Or just coincidence? I checked and the metallib is only found on my test Sequoia volume, not in my prod Sonoma volume.

Last edited:

Neon Ball

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2023
Yes, I see that it's only offering up to 1080p. Strange since it says VP9 is enabled.

Has nothing to do IMO with "needing Kaby Lake" as someone else mentioned as 4K worked fine under Safari in Monterey on this 2015 Skylake.
Well, I personally trust the Intel documentation more over "someone said". VP9 decode is only available on 7th gen and newer.

Safari decodes YouTube videos in h264 as it typically wants to rely on hardware decoding over software (for efficiency reasons) and YouTube limits h264 to 1080p. You can actually have the same effect on Chrome on any system (even Windows) if you download the "h264ify" extension, you'll notice 1080p is the highest it can go. When you right click a video and see the technical details, if "avc1" is mentioned as a codec then it is in h264.

Looks like I previously said "Apple defaults to 1080p", apologies for that mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: macpro_mid2014

Neon Ball

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2023
Interestingly a lot of videos are stuttering extremely badly in my browser (Chrome and Firefox) on my production environment since doing this. I wonder if installing the metalib package has screwed things up. Or just coincidence? Is it possible to uninstall the metalib package?
You won't have a usable OS without the metallib package, as most apps will be crashing without downgraded metallibs.

maccoops

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2023
I reapplied root patches (even though OCLP said there were no other patches available) and hey presto all is back to normal in my production Sonoma environment. Case closed, thanks.

• Love

ghboard2010

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2010
Somewhere
Hmmmmm, that's odd. Yesterday my "Favorites" were visible on the Start Page, and this morning they were 'gonesky' Checked the edit button and whatd'ya know Favorites were de-selected, reselecting Favorites put them back to visible. Had that boxed check from Monterey onward up to and including Sequoia. Somehow, some way Sequoia 'decided' to uncheck it. Bad Sequoia! :rolleyes:

HotMrmt

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2024
Yes of course I checked that my iMac is compatible. I tried install Ventura and it seems ok (I had sonoma before trying to update). Now I’ll try to upgrade to Sequoia and see what happens.
Update: I successfully installed Sequoia, but I can’t apply root patches.. I got error 71 (unable to resolve dependencies), I tryed every hint listed in the dortania troubleshooting but no one works. I really don’t know what to do.. any advice?

Last edited:
  • Wow

Kevo

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2007
Update: I successfully installed Sequoia, but I can’t apply root patches.. I got error 71 (unable to resolve dependencies), I tryed every hint listed in the dortania troubleshooting but no one works. I really don’t know what to do.. any advice?
Did you try applying the patches from Safe Mode?

Jordan246

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2014
IMG_0956.jpeg

I having this problem patching a 8,1 imac gets to this spot and it wont patch

ponta pon pon

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2018
Hi,
(1) As First of all I did update my Mac (MBP 15'retina late 2013 with Kepler 11,3 , macOS 14.6.1, OCLP 1.5.0) to 15.0(24A335) via OTA under new OCLP 2.0.1.
(2) I did reboot and did install post-root-patch. After that, I reboot MBP. By this step, it could get back WiFi.
(3) Then again I installed post-root-patch by a lot of downloaded packages with WiFi in few minutes and reboot once more. And then it shows a beautifully Login window and a normal desktop!!

New wall papers , bluetooth , FaceTime with iPhone Continuity Camera seems all OK !

Thanks to OCLP Developers !!

Last edited:

peppolone

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2011
Rome, Italy
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.