Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Octavzz

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2020
I am also waiting for a 15.1 full installer. It's really annoying.

Here is a good oversight if one is available, without logging in to a Dev. account or search in the AppStore:

So there is no way to do a clean install of the RC as of now until Apple releases the installer?

Adora

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2024
Yes,
So there is no way to do a clean install of the RC as of now until Apple releases the installer?
Only Beta 8 can be used for it and then updated.

Somehow you can connect two Macs and use this restore image, but not if it's an Intel.

Screen Shot 2024-09-15 at 10.02.04.png

https://updates.cdn-apple.com/2024F...E91911F/UniversalMac_15.0_24A335_Restore.ipsw

fiftofar

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2019
Australia
Yes that is correct, Apple Silicon only, I wanted a clean install of the RC so I DFU restored my M2 Air and M2 Mini using the IPSW on the Apple Developer site as soon as it was available, I use Finder instead of Apple Configurator but either works fine.

I believe Sonoma introduced the ability for Finder to be able to restore or revive a Mac, earlier macOS versions require Apple Configurator 2.
I am not certain but you MAY run into an issue restoring prior to general release if the source Mac isn't on Sequoia, I may be getting confused though, could have been a beta thing, I'm sure someone else can correct or comment on this. ("A software update is required" - MobileDevice.pkg)

Personally, my preferred method for a clean install is running a DFU restore on a T2 or Apple Silicon Mac, I do the same with any other Apple device that supports a DFU restore. T2 requires a USB installer or internet recovery after the DFU restore. Apple Silicon is ready to use straight after the DFU restore, just like an iPhone or iPad.

I believe there is no way to clean install Intel models until general release or whenever the full installer is available, I'm very much looking forward to clean installing my 2019 iMac.

With how close we are to general release, I recommend waiting just in case there is a newer build. Not long now.

Last edited:

stacks13

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2023
Hi, can someone please send me the Safari version on the stable release? A screenshot would be fine as well, just want to verify the build number

Adora

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2024
@gwang73

Full Installer is in App Store now. Build same as RC in Dev. Portal.
Screen Shot 2024-09-16 at 19.30.26.png

Last edited:
Reactions: RandomDSdevel

cigz

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2016
@gwang73

Full Installer is in App Store now. Build same as RC in Dev. Portal. View attachment 2419122

Does full installer updates the system without losing data?

Takuro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Notifications via bluetooth audio are kind of choppy in the 15.0 GM release that came out today. Try playing a test sound via something like AirPods Max and compare it to the built-in speakers. There's a very harsh sound at the start and end via bluetooth and some notification sounds like clipped off at the ends a little.

olavsu1

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2022
Mac mini M1, OS: 15.0 (24A335):
Nothing works in the USB4/Thunderbolt ports.
I can't get it to work with either the WD MyBook external hard drive or the u-phoria UMC1820 external sound card. in standard USB3 sockets they start working immediately.

//edit: the problem went away after a few hours.

Last edited:

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
The HighPoint and SoftRaid kexts are not strictly 3rd party. Put there by Apple to support raid devices.
Yeah, I put them back.

I did update again using the full installer and it cleared the System Extension error from popping up after reboot but there is still something wrong with this RC build. Apple Pay is still disabled due to some security setting and I can't disable SIP in Recovery mode.

I even tried making a bootable USB to boot from that but the installer won't finish, getting a 'can't personalize' error when trying to install Sequoia onto the USB.

At this point, I'm just going to wait for Apple to fix it as it wasn't an issue before RC.f

Edit:
Looks like a lot of people are having the 'can't personalize' error and it seems Apple may be aware of the issue.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/1fiburp

Last edited:
Reactions: cptcaveman

Adora

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2024
Yeah, I put them back.

I did update again using the full installer and it cleared the System Extension error from popping up after reboot but there is still something wrong with this RC build. Apple Pay is still disabled due to some security setting and I can't disable SIP in Recovery mode.

I even tried making a bootable USB to boot from that but the installer won't finish, getting a 'can't personalize' error when trying to install Sequoia onto the USB.

At this point, I'm just going to wait for Apple to fix it as it wasn't an issue before RC.f

Edit:
Looks like a lot of people are having the 'can't personalize' error and it seems Apple may be aware of the issue.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/1fiburp

I fear you need to bring your Mac into DFU-Mode and get somehow hold onto a second one to install the whole Firmware again via Apple Configurator.

But maybe wait for the next update first if it's not that worse.

Updating to 18.1 beta doesn't change anything on Recovery I think.

I have this too and also can't run iOS/iPadOS only apps. And it was always there with my settings. Aren't you able to change the Security Policy settings when holding the power button after turning on?

Screen Shot 2024-09-17 at 06.20.23.png

Screen Shot 2024-09-17 at 06.24.17.png

Edit: I don't know if disabled SIP only also stops Apple Pay from working.

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
I fear you need to bring your Mac into DFU-Mode and get somehow hold onto a second one to install the whole Firmware again via Apple Configurator.

But maybe wait for the next update first if it's not that worse.

Updating to 18.1 beta doesn't change anything on Recovery I think.

I have this too and also can't run iOS/iPadOS only apps. And it was always there with my settings. Aren't you able to change the Security Policy settings when holding the power button after turning on?

Edit: I don't know if disabled SIP only also stops Apple Pay from working.
Yeah, I'm gonna wait for an update before thinking about DFU'ing. I also don't want to go through the whole DFU process and still have this issue. I don't have any issues running iOS/iPadOS only apps, but I only have 1 installed.

My Security Policy is set to Reduced with SIP enabled. I can't change the Security Policy to Full - gives me a 'SDErrorDomain error 104'. I've gone through some troubleshooting for this error and nothing has worked.

Adora

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2024
Yeah, I'm gonna wait for an update before thinking about DFU'ing. I also don't want to go through the whole DFU process and still have this issue. I don't have any issues running iOS/iPadOS only apps, but I only have 1 installed.

My Security Policy is set to Reduced with SIP enabled. I can't change the Security Policy to Full - gives me a 'SDErrorDomain error 104'. I've gone through some troubleshooting for this error and nothing has worked.

That's really strange. I hope this can be fixed somehow with the next full installer.

Apple Pay also doesn't like this being disabled if you have:

Screen Shot 2024-09-17 at 06.31.03.png

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
That's really strange. I hope this can be fixed somehow with the next full installer.

Apple Pay also doesn't like this being disabled if you have:

View attachment 2419456
Yup, I have all the options turned on. I do believe that SIP disabled will also disable Apple Pay but not 100% sure about that. I do know that Reduced Security setting with SIP enabled does not disable Apple Pay. My machine has been set to Reduced Security for the longest time.

Adora

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2024
Yup, I have all the options turned on. I do believe that SIP disabled will also disable Apple Pay but not 100% sure about that. I do know that Reduced Security setting with SIP enabled does not disable Apple Pay. My machine has been set to Reduced Security for the longest time.

Do you maybe have an external installer of any macOS version where you can boot from? I am not sure, but I think if you would go into the Terminal there, disabling SIP might also be possible.

And what method did you use to create the failed one?

I partitioned an external drive and put some Installers on it 1-2 weeks ago, but never tried if booting is possible. I don't see anything available as Startup Disk in System Settings. Screen Shot 2024-09-17 at 07.35.40.png

For a clean install erasing all content and settings should also be enough now. I don't know if those externals installers even still work. Or maybe I just chose the wrong file system.

Edit: They also don't show up when I hold the option key while booting.

Last edited:

ShiftHappens

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2022
Installed late last night and most seem fine, but one bug found (and reported to Apple):
I have two applications running that are assigned to "All Desktops" - Finder and Terminal - and I have them both in Desktop 1. When I switch to Desktop 2, I can see both windows for a second, but then the Terminal window disappears (Finder stays). Going back to Desktop 1, both windows are there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.