Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
My only idea would be trying this app instead, but it seems not to be free. Can't remember buying it, but I already have it in the AppStore.

Edit: I have it in SetApp but don't use it. I can add it. But am on 15.1 Beta. Did you try to just right click and check open at login? But it didn't even ask for permission to launch on login what apps like this normally do at first launch.

View attachment 2421011

Step 1:
I try to add it
1.jpg

Step 2:
The results: It was not added. And no error message displayed.
2.jpg

dottdirtt

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2018
wallpaper/screen saver flicker is the main issue I'm having (the wallpaper/screen saver briefly turns black). there are individual threads here and on reddit. It's not present in safe mode but cannot figure out a fix otherwise

Last edited:

matty-o

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2012
Anyone else having issues with cursor delays and general unresponsiveness? I haven't seen it reported but ever since updating my M1 Mini it's really laggy. Nothing weird in Activity Monitor I can see, and restarted a few times.

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
Anyone else having issues with cursor delays and general unresponsiveness? I haven't seen it reported but ever since updating my M1 Mini it's really laggy. Nothing weird in Activity Monitor I can see, and restarted a few times.

My Magic Keyboard was having crazy lag. Forgetting the device and re-adding it fixed it. Mouse is using the Logitech RF dongle.

Adora

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2024

Nothing here.

What type of mouse do you use and how is it connected? I am only using cable mice and two with USB dongles, one is from Roccat. I didn't try BT for a longer while but the Roccat mouse has it too and when I tested it I didn't notice anything.

The magic keyboard is always connected by cable and BT is off. I only need it for TouchID. Typing on another one with cable too.

Adora

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2024
@gwang73

Now both of my keyboard had this and I remember it happened before a few times. Plugging in and out didn't help. It was the mouse dongle causing this. I put in a cable mouse again and everything is fine. (15.1 Beta 5)

Also got this message from an app, but it disappeared always so fast that I couldn't make a screen shot. Here I just got it while the Text already began to disappear what always happens before the window it's completely wrong. It's not a normal notification, appeared in the bottom right corner.

Screen Shot 2024-09-25 at 13.35.19.png

Came from this app:

Screen Shot 2024-09-25 at 13.45.18.png

Gaming mice appear also in this app. Or just mice with more than two buttons and a scroll wheel.

Hinne

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2024
Hamburg
Hello everyone,
I have an admittedly somewhat paranoid question about upgrading to sequoia. On my MacMini, I found the upgrade as usual using the software update function. Download size about 6.63 GB, the upgrade ran as usual with a few restarts.
On my Macbook Air 2020 / M1, the download size was 14.48 GB (!) at the same location and, in contrast to the MacMini, a proper installation program started.
Is all of this correct?
Why this huge download size and the unusual way of upgrading via the installation program?

Many thanks in advance for your support.
Hinne

Last edited:

SlCKB0Y

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2012
Sydney, Australia
You do not need to restart to fix memory leaks. Monterey 12.0 had a terrible leak in Windows “windowserver” using Netflix(2 hours of netflix watch had it drawing 20 gb of ram). All you need to do to fix any of the leaking apps is to open Activity Monitor in a desktop all by itself, keep it open, and then force quit any app that is sucking memory. Its quick and easy and requires NO RESTART.
I understand this, what I was saying was that I did not accept the blanket statement made by the other user that "Please know, Memory Management has always been an issue on any OS (not just Apple's)".

lfshammu

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010
Sequoia doesn't support more than 60Hz to an external display for me. Driving me nuts. Just outputs nothing when the setting is above 60Hz. I'm using an M1 Pro 16" MacBook Pro, a 165Hz 4K Dell monitor, a high refresh rate USB-C->DP adapter and a DP cable. Previously, Sonoma had no issues outputting 144Hz to my monitor. FFS Apple.

This issue needs more coverage. Wild to me that they have added a bunch of arbitrary limitations on external display refresh rate/scaling combos. Never had an issue hitting 144hz at 4k scaled. But now different scale settings have totally different max refresh rates.

I can see that my display is in HBR3 mode, so what gives Apple!? Hoping this is just a limitation on 15.1.

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
Found in the notes for CCC 7.04-b1 against some recent changes to MacOS 15 Sequoia that affect location service usage with applications.

Added yet another workaround for Apple's restriction on access to the current WiFi network name in macOS Sequoia. These restrictions are affecting our ability to limit task execution to when the Mac is connected to a specific WiFi network. Thanks to the assembly of WiFi network name+location databases (e.g. collected by companies that provide street-view imagery), WiFi network names can be used for location fingerprinting. As such, Apple deems this to be "private" data. Access to this information is only granted to an application that specifically requests access to location information. That's way more information than we want or need for this particular feature within CCC. Making the matter yet worse, that location service isn't even available to background "daemon" applications, like CCC's helper tool. While this update includes a workaround that will temporarily allow us to continue pulling the current WiFi SSID from the system, we anticipate that Apple will eventually "fix" these gaps as well, and the feature will have to be disabled.

Reactions: gank41

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Alright y'all. That time of year again. Is MacOS 15 safe to install?

ie. Any general bugs, crashes, MacBook Pro issues, RAM issues, CPU issues, GPU issues, insane heat, fans not working, temps reaching 50c with just 4 Safari tabs, App issues, SSD issues...etc

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
TBH, other than the "normal" 'reboot 3-5 times for everything to work initially' issues on an update like this, I've been alright. I've got an M1 MBP and use it for work and recording music and a few apps needed some updates initially, but so far now everything is OK. YMMV

Reactions: hovscorpion12

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Sequoia doesn't support more than 60Hz to an external display for me. Driving me nuts. Just outputs nothing when the setting is above 60Hz. I'm using an M1 Pro 16" MacBook Pro, a 165Hz 4K Dell monitor, a high refresh rate USB-C->DP adapter and a DP cable. Previously, Sonoma had no issues outputting 144Hz to my monitor. FFS Apple.

I hope this is a bug. I have my 16" M3 Max connected to two monitors. 1440p and 4K.

1440 monitor at 75hz and the 4K monitor at 1440p/144hz.

Mind you, my MacBook Pro is connected to the Satechi dual dock stand [HDMI & DP].

I'll be keeping an eye on this going forward.

Exfactor

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2011
Anyone having issues with their microphones? Since upgrading Google Voice no longer works in Chrome for me. Tried various 3rd party microphones and none are working.

Same with discord. No one can hear me since upgrading.

Adora

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2024
Has anyone with Gatekeeper turned off (or even on) experienced that an app just opens while the warning message is still there? I had this several times, but could also be a beta issue because I am on 15.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.