Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

brsilb

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2018
Retrospect Backup not working correctly. Will try again when I do a clean install.

yaskael

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2021
Geforce now seems to work. I tried a quick session on m1 mac mini running sequoia. Didn't have any problems (so far) with the h.265 stream.

Equilibriums

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2022
same here, curiously v5 is reported to work
Indeed Little Snitch v5.7.6 is running flawlessly here for me, but I did not install it, I upgraded from Sonoma with it already installed. Maybe there is a bug happening with the installer? Did you try to install v5 just to check?

parken

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2023
Indeed Little Snitch v5.7.6 is running flawlessly here for me, but I did not install it, I upgraded from Sonoma with it already installed. Maybe there is a bug happening with the installer? Did you try to install v5 just to check?
No, I didn't. I clean installed mac OS 15 on a dedicated partition of my M1 MBP just for the sake of curiosity and I tried to install Little Snitch v6 right away: I believe there is a miscommunication problem between the LS installer and the new Security and Privacy pane because there is no prompt to authorise the new system extension

OAG7

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2020
Central Ohio
App Cleaner and Uninstaller DOES NOT work. Site says wait for update coming by Sep. They did the same with past MacOS updates.

Pudlo

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2014
Adguard is only partly working
-you can use it if set as automatic proxy
-Sequoia doesn't let you install network extension so it does not work with it

ps. it is probably due to a change in macOS and how it let you accept installing an extension from unidentified dev

Equilibriums

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2022
App Cleaner and Uninstaller DOES NOT work. Site says wait for update coming by Sep. They did the same with past MacOS updates.
Seems to be another case of "If the app was already installed and you upgraded to MacOS 15, it will work, but if you try to install on a fresh system, it will fail".
I can report that AppCleaner is working for me after updating to Sequoia, but seems like, just with many other apps, trying to install on a fresh system is failing.

Reactions: hsotnicam8002

parken

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2023
No, I didn't. I clean installed mac OS 15 on a dedicated partition of my M1 MBP just for the sake of curiosity and I tried to install Little Snitch v6 right away: I believe there is a miscommunication problem between the LS installer and the new Security and Privacy pane because there is no prompt to authorise the new system extension
I tried: LittleSnitch 5.7.6 installs and runs fine in macOS 15, then you can update to 6.0.1 and it will run fine too...

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Seems to be another case of "If the app was already installed and you upgraded to MacOS 15, it will work, but if you try to install on a fresh system, it will fail".
I can report that AppCleaner is working for me after updating to Sequoia, but seems like, just with many other apps, trying to install on a fresh system is failing.
Same here AppCleaner is working no issues.

Reactions: hsotnicam8002

anticipate

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2013
I can confirm that Final Cut Pro works as well as the motion VFX plug-ins and film convert.

It seems that the things that don’t work well are related to VPN and networking which never surprises me

gilby101

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
Can't get Little Snitch 6.0.x to install... anyone?
Just creating a handy Wiki thread for folks to update and identify which apps are working (or not working) in the first developer beta.
I think we have a problem with the list in post #1. This is showing as working a number of apps (e.g. Little Snitch) which use System or Network Extensions. For these (from comments in this thread), it seems likely that there are two cases:

1) If macOS 14.5 is upgraded to macOS 15, the apps may continue to work. But,
2) Installs of the apps may fail on macOS 15, because of changes in how the extensions are permitted.

So, it would be good if those who have entered such apps as working would make it clear that "working" includes installation on a clean macOS 15 and not just continuing to work from pre-upgrade install. I am thinking of apps like:

Little Snitch (and other firewall apps),
AdGuard for Mac,
Any anti-virus with real time protection,
VPNs.

Possibly, virtual machine apps have the same issue with installation.

Last edited:

macmac30

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2015
Zoom is working, but screen sharing seems to be broken. Starts the screenshare paused and cannot resume it.
I'm seeing the same thing but for all having this problem, I find that I can share my ENTIRE desktop - just not various apps or windows.

oeyvind

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2002
Yup no go... like gilby101 stated, one can't get the extension to install.

Pudlo

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2014
I think we have a problem with the list in post #1. This is showing as working a number of apps (e.g. Little Snitch) which use System or Network Extensions. For these (from comments in this thread), it seems likely that there are two cases:

1) If macOS 14.5 is upgraded to macOS 15, the apps may continue to work. But,
2) Installs of the apps may fail on macOS 15, because of changes in how the extensions are permitted.

So, it would be good if those who have entered such apps as working would make it clear that "working" includes installation on a clean macOS 15 and not just continuing to work from pre-upgrade install. I am thinking of apps like:

Little Snitch (and other firewall apps),
AdGuard for Mac,
Any anti-virus with real time protection,
VPNs.

Possibly, virtual machine apps have the same issue with installation.
Adguard on a fresh macOS install is only partly working. You can use it as a automatic proxy but it will not work as network extension bc when trying to install extension there is no response from macOS (no way to click allow)

/just to clarify things, I assume it should work when upgraded and the extension is already installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.