Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Squid4572

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2022
My Apache works via MAMP Pro, so you might need to troubleshoot a bit? I may have some custom configs.
it works without SSL enabled for me, but as soon as I enable the SSL related modules the httpd process aborts, same thing happens with Homebrews Apache using Homebrews Apache modules.

GoonerSid

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2014
This might be a little niche but has anyone tried using the latest snapshot build of Handbrake on Sequoia the x265 10-bit (VideoToolBox) it used to compress things nicely now they are double the size after transcoding so bigger and worse quality the opposite of the desired result :)

Line_Noise

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2023
Haven't had a chance to debug properly yet but mosh, at least as installed through homebrew, can't be connected to remotely.

Outbound connections seem to work fine. But inbound you'll get a waiting for UDP message and no terminal.

dialekt

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2014
Has anyone tested these programs ?: Dropbox, Rekordbox latest version (USB Export), Davinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro, Carbon Copy Cloner, Touch Portal, OBS, Topaz Video, Abelton Live, Mixed In Key, Screensharing of any kind through any apps?

Pudlo

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2014
I think we have a problem with the list in post #1. This is showing as working a number of apps (e.g. Little Snitch) which use System or Network Extensions. For these (from comments in this thread), it seems likely that there are two cases:

1) If macOS 14.5 is upgraded to macOS 15, the apps may continue to work. But,
2) Installs of the apps may fail on macOS 15, because of changes in how the extensions are permitted.

So, it would be good if those who have entered such apps as working would make it clear that "working" includes installation on a clean macOS 15 and not just continuing to work from pre-upgrade install. I am thinking of apps like:

Little Snitch (and other firewall apps),
AdGuard for Mac,
Any anti-virus with real time protection,
VPNs.

Possibly, virtual machine apps have the same issue with installation.
IMPORTANT
Hi,
they've (Apple) moved the extensions tab to a new place. It is now under settings -> General -> Login items and extensions -> scroll to the bottom and "I" the network extensions to enable it
this way Adguard network extension works and probably other apps like Little Snitch will work too ;)
IMPORTANT
Huge thanks to Adguard devs for pointing that out!

Reactions: gilby101

VitoBotta

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2020
Espoo, Finland
Why is AppCleaner reported as not working? It's working just fine for me. Also I previously reported that DisplayMaid didn't work. So basically it didn't work with the positions saved from before the upgrade to Sequoia. After re-saving all positions it's not working fine.

ssn637

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2009
Switzerland
Has anyone tested these programs ?: Dropbox, Rekordbox latest version (USB Export), Davinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro, Carbon Copy Cloner, Touch Portal, OBS, Topaz Video, Abelton Live, Mixed In Key, Screensharing of any kind through any apps?

The first WIKI page lists
  • Carbon Copy Cloner 7.0.2-b2 (8035)
as being compliant. However, I can't seem to find this Beta version and am using the current release 7.0.1 (8016), which gives a warning message when first run but successfully created a macOS 15.0 system backup to my SD Card drive.

Edit: I was able to install the latest Carbon Copy Cloner Beta release by modifying my Update Settings to "Inform me of Beta Releases".

chmania

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2023
Works,
  • MS Office 2021 LTSC
  • GIMP
  • Geany (text editor)
  • VLC
  • Tor. (to get answers without restrictions)
  • Opera (the standby web browser)
  • IINA
I don't use any VPNs, any kill-your-Mac/slow-your-Mac optimising/cleaning apps. No 3rd party background apps running or starting at login. Sequoia Beta works like a charm atm. 👌

Reactions: nmeed

NEPOBABY

Suspended
Jan 10, 2023
Everything I have tried works so far but that doesn't mean there isn't a random bug lurking somewhere in each app or that they will continue to work fine as more Sequoia betas come.

a.r40

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2015
Works with no issues from my somewhat thorough testing: Ableton Live Suite 12.0.5

deef

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2007
All looked good to me until I saw that Zoom has issues with screen sharing - can anyone test & confirm with the latest?

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
final cut seems fine, CCC has a beta that works...

Reactions: dialekt

gilby101

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
Why is AppCleaner reported as not working?
I think that report was for "App Cleaner & Uninstaller"

IMPORTANT
Hi,
they've (Apple) moved the extensions tab to a new place. It is now under settings -> General -> Login items and extensions -> scroll to the bottom and "I" the network extensions to enable it
this way Adguard network extension works and probably other apps like Little Snitch will work too ;)
IMPORTANT
Huge thanks to Adguard devs for pointing that out!
And that really is a more logical place. So now all developers of system and network extensions will need to change their install instructions.

VitoBotta

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2020
Espoo, Finland
I think that report was for "App Cleaner & Uninstaller"

And that really is a more logical place. So now all developers of system and network extensions will need to change their install instructions.
I hadn't realized there is another app with a similar name, thanks

Peter-Nies

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2024
Trendmicro Antivirus for Mac ist not working properly on my setup, M3 Max Macbook Pro 128GB.

For safety, reinstalled once. Any help is welcome.

stevemr123

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2010
works, but the window won't stay open (on my mac, anyway) when i go to make adjustments. it closes, i have to reopen, and continue what i'm doing (or trying to do)...
Hi there - not exactly sure why this would happen, no such thing was reported so far in Sequoia and I can't seem to reproduce the issue in any of the Sequoia installs I have (note: was brave and upgraded my main development Mac 😂 so using it daily). Are you using maybe some other third party window or menu bar management that might somehow interfere?

Reactions: fisherking

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Hi there - not exactly sure why this would happen, no such thing was reported so far in Sequoia and I can't seem to reproduce the issue in any of the Sequoia installs I have (note: was brave and upgraded my main development Mac 😂 so using it daily). Are you using maybe some other third party window or menu bar management that might somehow interfere?
that's it, it only is a problem when the menubar icon is inside 'hidden bar'; moving it outside of that fixes the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.