Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

geminicon

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2019

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 6.47.52 PM 1.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 6.47.52 PM 1.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 331

geminicon

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2019
Well my Library is now loading again in PB 4, the album artwork doesn't load for music I add into my library though but I can deal with that for now.

Update: artwork is being loaded in VERY slowly but its slowly appearing.

Last edited:

jlgg

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2016
Not much have been improved since last beta, but at least playlist retains their view settings now. Finally.
Unfortunately for me in PB4, sorting options do not remain after quitting and relaunching app. As an example, when viewing playlists as albums, I would like to sort by Title, but after relaunch it reverts to Year, or in some cases Ascending.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
I can neither get my local library nor my iCloud library to appear now.
Tried removing the plist. Removing the library. Loading my iTunes.itl file and creating a new library from it using option at restart. Manually updating the iCloud library from the menu.

Nothing shows up, no playlists, no songs.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Eventually got iCloud library to show up, but needed my local library to sync for a DJ gig and ended up installing iTunes. Lord what a relief. Opens instantly. Works perfectly. Might even stick with it if Music doesn’t improve radically upon release.

Madonnnaaaaaaaaa

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2015
Hey peeps. Had a reply from apple the other day I’ve just noticed. I fed back the issues regarding artwork not showing in local libraries despite being embedded in the metadata as well as the sync function being temperamental. They said in a recent build this may be fixed and asked for feedback, unfortunately I uninstalled all the betas and went back to the current release just to have music working again, so referred them to this forum where I know your all still having a lot of issues.
343bdfdd3c3271a8802029651b4badf1.jpg

d13de578c9948aaa5a5f52e71700ccc5.jpg

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Had a reply from apple the other day I’ve just noticed. I fed back the issues regarding artwork not showing in local libraries despite being embedded in the metadata as well as the sync function being temperamental. They said in a recent build this may be fixed and asked for feedback, unfortunately I uninstalled all the betas and went back to the current release just to have music working again, so referred them to this forum where I know your all still having a lot of issues.
343bdfdd3c3271a8802029651b4badf1.jpg

Am running build 19A526h and have all the art work, play counts, lyrics, comments etc. Seems to be fixed

EDIT: OK - I spoke too soon on the "Art Work" :( - strangely artwork shows up in the song views and some other areas - but does not show on on the album view or in the playlists :rolleyes:

Last edited:

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
This obviously a smaller issue than the disappearing artwork and icloud issues, but adding songs to up next invokes absolutely no visual feedback whatsoever. Did the song add to up next? Who knows? Guess you can check, but it used to have an animation that would show you the songs you added were actually added.

rishi.talreja

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2014
Mumbai, India
UPDATE! I don't remember if this was present in previous beta or is new to the latest one but now we can import existing iTunes library without reinstalling Catalina again!

The way to do it is to Option Click when opening Music app and it will allow to choose an existing library. Point to the .itl iTunes Library and it will import everything in just a few seconds. Now finally, all my library is taking locally stored files as opposed to only the iCloud files before from a failed import.

Credits to original tip: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/importing-itunes-library-into-catalinas-apple-music.2192377/#post-27616238

Reactions: mikzn and ErikGrim

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Artwork Update - Music Version 1.0.0.341

After import of iTunes some artwork was OK but most was missing - the new music app began updating and downloading art work for all the missing art work, unfortunately after almost a week has passed there is still a ton of missing artwork and looks like a lot of "Manual" work to get it back to the same as it was in Mojave iTunes 12.9.5.5

Maybe Artwork will import better in the next version and "crossing fingers" for a column browser in the next version

Last edited:

Madonnnaaaaaaaaa

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2015
Artwork Update - Music Version 1.0.0.341

After import of iTunes some artwork was OK but most was missing - the new music app began updating and downloading art work for all the missing art work, unfortunately after almost a week has passed there is still a ton of missing artwork and looks like a lot of "Manual" work to get it back to the same as it was in Mojave iTunes 12.9.5.5

Maybe Artwork will import better in the next version and "crossing fingers" for a column browser in the next version

Grrrrrr. Such a stupid bug. If it’s not fixed I’m staying on Mojave

Reactions: ErikGrim

matt_and_187_like_this

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2015
Most important bug: close/minimize/maximize bubbles are too far to the left (Steve where are you :()

The song title is cut off in the lyrics pane when too long (no line break)

Output does not revert to computer when Bluetooth headphones/speakers are shut off (song does not start playing unless you change output manually)

Last edited:
Reactions: ErikGrim

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
iCloud Music Library is still not too reliable. I tried to upload two songs, the first was fine and it crashed on the second.

Is it only me who doesn't like that the album artworks are being darken within the album view? Like, why would you make changes to the artwork, it looks stupid to me. And, most of all, it is completely unnecessary, like you're not getting anything from the artwork being distorted.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
iCloud Music Library is still not too reliable. I tried to upload two songs, the first was fine and it crashed on the second.

Is it only me who doesn't like that the album artworks are being darken within the album view? Like, why would you make changes to the artwork, it looks stupid to me. And, most of all, it is completely unnecessary, like you're not getting anything from the artwork being distorted.
What do you mean about the album art? Could you screen shot?

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe
What do you mean about the album art? Could you screen shot?
One of the screen shots is from the "Recently Added" view, where the artworks appear as they should, and the another one is from within the album page, where the cover gets darkened. As a developer and graphic designer, I don't understand how this is helpful for the user and, as an artist, I wouldn't like the users to see an altered artwork.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 21.03.08.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 21.03.08.png
    372.1 KB · Views: 243
  • Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 21.03.16.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 21.03.16.png
    747.5 KB · Views: 185

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Still No Column Browser :( - beta 6 - I am really having a hard time believing there is not going to be a column browser returned, or something similar to replace this fundamental feature?

Also noticed a "Sync Library" check box - see picture - I did not notice this in the previous version - maybe it was there?

itunes-prefs.png

Also noticed that the artwork auto update will not turn off - I tried to turn it off several times and noticed it is back on after I re-open the preferences

artwork-update.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.