Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crow_Servo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2018
America
Don't see many interested. Most phones now have bigger screens than the ipad mini.
Name one popular phone that’s bigger than an iPad Mini please.

I think you’re mistaken, just like so many other people that just say that without it being true.

varezhka

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2022
iPad mini 7 can't come soon enough. My current mini died on me and buying a mini 6 now doesn't feel right *if* 7 is actually across the corner. “The end of this year at the earliest” do imply a possible 2025 release, though, so maybe I should just bite the bullet and buy the 6.

srikat

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2011
iPad mini 7 can't come soon enough. My current mini died on me and buying a mini 6 now doesn't feel right *if* 7 is actually across the corner. “The end of this year at the earliest” do imply a possible 2025 release, though, so maybe I should just bite the bullet and buy the 6.

After waiting for almost a year, watching all the videos on iPad mini on YouTube and dreaming about it I finally bought one (and a new M4 iPad Pro) 2/3 days ago.

Lovely little tablet (mini). If they make the screen better with higher refresh rate in the next gen will definitely upgrade. Apple stuff have good resale value.

Reactions: varezhka

Jdhommert

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2016
I/d be fine with a A18, 6GB ram and 128gb.

But I really, really want ProMotion in a better screen too. I just want something because the Mini is just so damn perfect of a size. My battery is starting to degrade a bit (from not super hot to begin with) because I've used it so much over the last few years. I've thought about getting a bigger device for other reasons...but in the past I just don't use them and will try to wait for a Mini.

Reactions: varezhka

varezhka

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2022
After waiting for almost a year, watching all the videos on iPad mini on YouTube and dreaming about it I finally bought one (and a new M4 iPad Pro) 2/3 days ago.

Lovely little tablet (mini). If they make the screen better with higher refresh rate in the next gen will definitely upgrade. Apple stuff have good resale value.
Yeah, the screen refresh (the infamous jelly scrolling) is noticeable for me but the form factor is just about perfect. The other half of me is thinking I should just buy the new Air next month in back to the school sale and use that till the new mini comes out (hoping for a better resale). Decision, decision...

JeffreyVB

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2019
Va Beach, VA
I/d be fine with a A18, 6GB ram and 128gb.

But I really, really want ProMotion in a better screen too. I just want something because the Mini is just so damn perfect of a size. My battery is starting to degrade a bit (from not super hot to begin with) because I've used it so much over the last few years. I've thought about getting a bigger device for other reasons...but in the past I just don't use them and will try to wait for a Mini.

Won't happen, but I'd LOVE to see a Pro Mini (Mini Pro?). M2 chip, 128gb storage, Promotion, Pencil Pro. Maybe some kind of Magic Keyboard.

I know its hard to do a keyboard for a Mini, but come on Apple, let's get a lil crazy!!

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
The literal point is to have something I can comfortably hold in one hand. If I am unfolding something to the size of a clipboard I am still not interested. The obsession with giant screens is annoying. Max phones that look like a brick in your pocket and tablets the size of laptops that do a fraction of what laptops do. The mini is the only tablet that makes sense for me.

I guess I shouldn't complain though more money in my pocket.
I've been a fan of the 7 inch tablets. I liked the Google Nexus 7 enough to buy it and hold onto it for years. The iPad mini seemed a bit big but still usable. It's the one iPad I would want.

Hopefully, there will be a new one before Christmas and refurbished models a few months after that. The current device isn't weak, but if I can get a newer processor for a little more money, all the better.

• Love
Reactions: Stromos

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Won't happen, but I'd LOVE to see a Pro Mini (Mini Pro?). M2 chip, 128gb storage, Promotion, Pencil Pro. Maybe some kind of Magic Keyboard.

I know it’s hard to do a keyboard for a Mini, but come on Apple, let's get a lil crazy!!
The M2 would kil its battery life and you’d never get to use the extra performance due to thermal throttling. Keyboard-wise, something like what the iPad 10 has is more likely so there would be enough space for a trackpad; but it seems unlikely due to the keys being smaller than what Apple likes to use. 3rd party keyboards will be your only option.

JeffreyVB

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2019
Va Beach, VA
I've been a fan of the 7 inch tablets. I liked the Google Nexus 7 enough to buy it and hold onto it for years. The iPad mini seemed a bit big but still usable. It's the one iPad I would want.

Hopefully, there will be a new one before Christmas and refurbished models a few months after that. The current device isn't weak, but if I can get a newer processor for a little more money, all the better.

I WISH Google would bring back the Nexus 7 with modern specs. I still have mine. GREAT tablet and form factor.

Reactions: fp99 and bousozoku

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I WISH Google would bring back the Nexus 7 with modern specs. I still have mine. GREAT tablet and form factor.
The model with the Snapdragon S4 Pro was great. The one with the Nvidia Tegra processor was not good. Performance would fall 90% after a few seconds and recover within a few seconds repeatedly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.